Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Trinity Tigers
    Post Count
    Cue the TxSt/UTSA fanboys thinking this is their shot at legitimacy:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...on-8392716.php

The Big 12 is once again exploring expansion.
    In a teleconference following Tuesday's football media day in Dallas, Oklahoma president and chair of the Big 12 board of directors David Boren said that the conference is interested in adding two or four teams in the near future.
    Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby has been tasked with evaluating universities and gauging their interest in joining the league.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    memphis/cincy/usf/houston plz

Last edited by playblair; 07-19-2016 at 06:04 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Goddamn, there are nothing but dregs left.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If Bill Snyder "knows 2 schools that want back", based on where he's located, it would have to be Mizz and Nebraska.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Goddamn, there are nothing but dregs left.
    Meh, it's easy to forget a school was a dreg once they're in. I think the biggest thing for the big 12 has to be adding media markets

I would add BYU and Colorado State next year as BYU can come in without a problem and Colorado State needs to give 12 month notice. You have added markets in Utah and Colorado. Not big markets but decent markets. I think the AAC has 21/2 year notice requirements so I would bring in Houston and Memphis/Cincinnati. This is presuming that two former teams don't come back. I would live to have Mizzo back for the Kansas v. Mizzo rivalry. I would also take back Nebraska because they are seen as a good football school despite the fact that they have not been relevant for about 20 years.

My Team
    Texas State Bobcats
    Post Count
    Cue the TxSt/UTSA fanboys thinking this is their shot at legitimacy:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...on-8392716.php
    The Big 12 is once again exploring expansion.
    In a teleconference following Tuesday's football media day in Dallas, Oklahoma president and chair of the Big 12 board of directors David Boren said that the conference is interested in adding two or four teams in the near future.
    Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby has been tasked with evaluating universities and gauging their interest in joining the league.
    Texas State wasn't even competing for a conference le in the sunbelt conference last year. I don't think they would even be considered for a move to conference USA right now.

However all that shakes out it is time to play conference games only and cool all this stupid LSU vs Savannah State, Alabama vs Western Illinois, stuff. Play your conference.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I have no idea what the 4 schools might be that the B1G would add? Unless they want to crush the Big 12 by adding Texas blOwU Okie Lite and Kansas. That would basically kill the Big 12. Of course if the Big 12 were smart they would add SMU, Houston BYU Boisie State, Memphis UCF and USF, that will give them a 12 team league but it will also turn them into CUSA II.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    Post Count
    add Southern Miss to the Big 12....

#prayersforusm

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I have no idea what the 4 schools might be that the B1G would add? Unless they want to crush the Big 12 by adding Texas blOwU Okie Lite and Kansas. That would basically kill the Big 12. Of course if the Big 12 were smart they would add SMU, Houston BYU Boisie State, Memphis UCF and USF, that will give them a 12 team league but it will also turn them into CUSA II.
    The B1G wouldn't ever add Okie St and OU won't go anywhere without their little bro

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Texas State wasn't even competing for a conference le in the sunbelt conference last year. I don't think they would even be considered for a move to conference USA right now.
    i think the biggest concern would be the fan base. would they even travel? what would attendance be like? granted winning is a component of all of this.

My Team
    Texas State Bobcats
    Post Count
    i think the biggest concern would be the fan base. would they even travel? what would attendance be like? granted winning is a component of all of this.
    I believe that Texas state only averages about 20,000 in attendance for football games. Attendance at home games and bobcat support for road games could improve if the program had some winning seasons and played in some bowl games. Unfortunately the bobcats are predicted to finish near the bottom of the Sunbelt conference this coming season.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I believe that Texas state only averages about 20,000 in attendance for football games. Attendance at home games and bobcat support for road games could improve if the program had some winning seasons and played in some bowl games. Unfortunately the bobcats are predicted to finish near the bottom of the Sunbelt conference this coming season.
    i read that as well, but i also did see that the new head coach is supposed to be a solid hire and has the potential to get their program back on track in short time.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    If Bill Snyder "knows 2 schools that want back", based on where he's located, it would have to be Mizz and Nebraska.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My belief is that if Nebraska and Missouri want back in, then it's because Texas is leaving. No way they will want to come back if Texas was still there.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Norte Dame and Byu and I'm fine.

Conclusion: I will not be fine.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    My belief is that if Nebraska and Missouri want back in, then it's because Texas is leaving. No way they will want to come back if Texas was still there.
    I don't think that's true at all

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why would those two schools want back in? They're in infinitely better situations.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Why would those two schools want back in? They're in infinitely better situations.
    Mizz seems fine but Nebraska seems out of place in the big 10, imo.

They really have to miss playing OU as well

With most these conferences having 12 teams, it's time to dump...

Michigan vs Hawaii
    Ohio State vs Bowling Green
    Oklahoma vs UL-Monroe
    Alabama vs........................CHATTANOOGA???????

Play your conference starting in week one.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Sure, but realignment seems to be about one thing in particular (money) and the B1G is printing it with impunity. Nobody cares about classic rivalries any more. Given the chance, Texas and Oklahoma will haul ass somewhere and leave the rest of the conference behind to make a dollar (hypothetically).

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Sure, but realignment seems to be about one thing in particular (money) and the B1G is printing it with impunity. Nobody cares about classic rivalries any more. Given the chance, Texas and Oklahoma will haul ass somewhere and leave the rest of the conference behind to make a dollar (hypothetically).
    If UT leaves, the only thing I see them doing is going independent. To many state government politics in play for much of anything else.

If that happens, maybe OU, Okie St and Tech +1 go to the Pac after all.

The money is there in any conference

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I would think that Mizzou would not be too happy where they are now in the SEC and NU is fine in the B1G.

Thread Information