foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, I know during these months it can get a little boring. I just wanted to share my thoughts on SAFC, San Antonio's soccer team owned by spurs sports and entertainment. I started following them about a month ago after I was given some free tickets and they are on a 6 game undefeated streak and as of now in the playoff race. I highly recommend y'all follow them if you live in the San Antonio area. If you follow SAFC on Twitter they have specials and give out free tickets almost daily. Some might not be able to get into soccer but it's pretty cool and interesting. No constant commercial breaks, constant motion; there really is alot of action.

Just wanted to share my interest because it makes an awesome pastime while the off season is here and was hoping to maybe start a group here to follow them with.

Next game is in San Antonio vs the La Galaxy 2 team at 7:30pm this Saturday. I think they are second in the western conference. The game will be televised by fox sports southwest. We just beat the number one team in our conference 2-nil.

If anything, can a mod make a special forum for them. Please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad level of soccer. I live in Cincinnati now, and we have a new USL club, FC Cincinnati, that just started playing this season to USL-record crowds. They just hosted Premier League squad Crystal Palace in a friendly that drew over 35,000, the largest professional soccer crowd in Ohio history. (Crystal Palace won 2-0.) And despite being new, FC Cincinnati is 10-3-4 and in 3rd place in the Eastern Conference. (Eastern and Western don't play in the regular season, so Cincinnati and San Antonio can't meet until the playoffs.)

FC Cincinnati and San Antonio FC both have aggressive ownership groups that are pushing hard for MLS expansion. I think your idea for a San Antonio FC forum is a worthy one.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad level of soccer. I live in Cincinnati now, and we have a new USL club, FC Cincinnati, that just started playing this season to USL-record crowds. They just hosted Premier League squad Crystal Palace in a friendly that drew over 35,000, the largest professional soccer crowd in Ohio history. (Crystal Palace won 2-0.) And despite being new, FC Cincinnati is 10-3-4 and in 3rd place in the Eastern Conference. (Eastern and Western don't play in the regular season, so Cincinnati and San Antonio can't meet until the playoffs.)

FC Cincinnati and San Antonio FC both have aggressive ownership groups that are pushing hard for MLS expansion. I think your idea for a San Antonio FC forum is a worthy one.
    Yeah, I seen that. I was thinking, how are they drawing such major crowds. And lose to crystal palace only 2 nil that was surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I seen that. I was thinking, how are they drawing such major crowds. And lose to crystal palace only 2 nil that was surprising.
    It's off topic, but since I was stopping by to check on Spurs news...FC Cincinnnati drew 20,151 for a regular season afternoon game today against Louisville City FC, the top team in the league, undefeated in 17 straight before today. FC Cincy won 2-0.

Average attendance in the league so far is 3,552 per game. The top four in the league are FC Cincinnati at 16,750, Sacramento Republic FC at 11,569, Louisville City FC at 7,221, and San Antonio FC at 6,169. By comparison, the Columbus Crew averaged just under 17,000 last MLS season, compared to the league average of 21,000. So FC Cincy is not much below MLS standards playing two levels down.

I would love to see Cincinnati and San Antonio get MLS expansion teams.

Thread Information