Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball.

The floptrot crew still doesn't understand that you need to workout a -ton to get in the necessary shape to hit a ball with the necessary exit velocity that will challenge the defense, to have sprint speed capable of beating out throws, to throw a ball anywhere from 85-105 mph.

" Buy some players are fat "

Killshot time.

Here's the top sprint speeds of some the floptrot crew's favorite targets:

Pablo Sandoval: 18.4 mph
    Prince Fielder: 18.2 mph
    David Ortiz (at age 40): 16.4 mph

To put that in perspective compared to "amazing" floptrot athletes, the 10th fastest recorded sprint time in the EPL last year (2015) was 18.7 mph (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-ze...rld-is-5731457). The fact that some of the fattest and least athletic players in baseball are nearly as fast as the top 10-20 fastest floptrot players shows how pathetically athletic soccer players really are. Like I've always said, soccer is (light) aerobics with a ball involved, and even old women can do aerobics
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 07-21-2016 at 01:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boxing, Soccer and basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the true regimen any parent should encourage their child to do to build all around "fitness."

Handeye coordination/upper body strength/nerve (baseball gets a kid used to spotlight pressure situations, since every play in baseball is basically that): Baseball

Lateral quickness\stamina\jumping ability: Basketball

Sprinting\Endurance: Football

Learning tolerance for sexuals: Soccer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol...sure. I'm sure we all want fat kids with strobg arms...

Such athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol...sure. I'm sure we all want fat kids with strobg arms...

Such athlete.
    Baseball players aren't fat, though.

Average size in the MLB is 6'2", 190lb.

Average size in the EPL is 5'9.5", 170.

Roughly the same BMI.

Time to pick a new meme, Poke Master.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final fun fact of the day.

Slowest non-keeper player in the EPL - Sandro: 16.28 mph

Bartolo Colon's top sprint speed this season: 16.2 mph

And keep in mind the way they measure the sprint speed of soccer players is with sensor gates at 40m apart, meaning that the soccer player will often have more ground to work with to reach top speed (this is why a floptrot player measured faster than Usain Bolt over 40m compared to Bolt's first 40m of the 100m). The sprint speeds of baseball players are usually measured from a dead stop over 90 feet. Takes about 160 feet for a sprinter to reach his top speed.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 07-21-2016 at 04:35 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd encourage my kid to play a whole lot more than soccer, that's for sure. It's a nice game for Euro's and Middle Easterner's... not our game, not our passion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

look at this fat (video at the link)

probably drunk
    fatbol only game other than bowling where it doesn't matter if you're drunk
    fried chicken and beer in the clubhouse during games
    going to the clubhouse to fill your gatorade cup with beer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

look at this fat (video at the link)
    Hey Splits.

Check this out.

Average 40 yard dash for an MLB player (converted from the average 60 yard dash time): 4.69 seconds.

Average vertical leap of an MLB player: 28".

Ronaldo, the best floptrot "athlete" the world has ever seen.

40 yard dash: 4.7 seconds

Vertical: 30"

No clue why you think those twinks that lightly jog around a field for 90 minutes are great athletes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just make up, Mid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just make up, Mid.
    I don't understand your skepticism, nor your perception that baseball players are fat and unathletic when you were supposedly a baseball fan growing up in the 80's (I'm assuming) watching the likes of Bo Jackson, Rickey Henderson, Ozzie Smith, pre-roid Bonds, Willie McGee, Devon White, Tim Raines, Daryl Strawberry, Kevin Mitc , Will Clark, Ken Griffey Jr. I can go on. You should know better than anyone that players like Sabathia and Colon are exceptions.

Are you going to call basketball "unathletic ball" because Tim Duncan, who probably hasn't jumped higher than 10 inches in 5 years and would probably post a 7 second 40 yard dash time was an elite player last season?

As for "making up."

The average body fat percentage of an MLB player is 13.8%. Average body fat percentage for a soccer player is around 10:

The non-Caucasian players demonstrated significantly lower percent body fat (9.2 +/- 2.0%) than the Caucasian players (10.7 +/- 1.8%).
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19847685

Average 60 yard dash time for an MLB player is 7.0 seconds.

Most Major League Baseball (MLB) clubs look for times under 7.00 seconds. A 60 yard dash time between 6.7 – 6.9 usually equate to an average runner on the playing field
    40 yards is 67% of 60 yards. Do the math and the works out to covering 40 yards in about 4.69 seconds.

Any questions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand your skepticism, nor your perception that baseball players are fat and unathletic when you were supposedly a baseball fan growing up in the 80's (I'm assuming) watching the likes of Bo Jackson, Rickey Henderson, Ozzie Smith, pre-roid Bonds, Willie McGee, Devon White, Tim Raines, Daryl Strawberry, Kevin Mitc , Will Clark, Ken Griffey Jr. I can go on. You should know better than anyone that players like Sabathia and Colon are exceptions.

Are you going to call basketball "unathletic ball" because Tim Duncan, who probably hasn't jumped higher than 10 inches in 5 years and would probably post a 7 second 40 yard dash time was an elite player last season?

As for "making up."

The average body fat percentage of an MLB player is 13.8%. Average body fat percentage for a soccer player is around 10:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19847685

Average 60 yard dash time for an MLB player is 7.0 seconds.

40 yards is 67% of 60 yards. Do the math and the works out to covering 40 yards in about 4.69 seconds.

Any questions?
    Do you know what "lean body mass" is? Why do you claim the average fatbol player is 6'1" 192lb?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if being 6'1" and heading a ball 9'4" is a 30 inch vertical, well then, Ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know what "lean body mass" is? Why do you claim the average fatbol player is 6'1" 192lb?
    Of course.

Still doesn't change the fact the average MLB player has 13.8% body fat. I know you're just going to completely ignore that fact since it doesn't fit your trolling narrative, though.

I also don't care what the total weight of a baseball player is. BMI is a in' terrible metric to determine overall fitness. That's why I highlighted body fat percentage, which is only 3% higher than the "shredded" floptrot players you worship.

Gonna keep spinning?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if being 6'1" and heading a ball 9'4" is a 30 inch vertical, well then, Ok.

They tested Ronaldo's vert in strict laboratory conditions, which I trust much more than photos and video that can be subject to optical illusions. And if you look closely at the goal post picture, the crown of Ronaldo's head is about even with the bottom of the crossbar.

They also estimated his jump in that gif you posted:

With a bigger run-up against Man Utd, Ronaldo climbed approximately 2ft 8in off the ground. It was a talent he showed in a United shirt too, scoring (above) against Chelsea with a similar header.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4F5fsvAZs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    32" inches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They tested Ronaldo's vert in strict laboratory conditions, which I trust much more than photos and video that can be subject to optical illusions. And if you look closely at the goal post picture, the crown of Ronaldo's head is about even with the bottom of the crossbar.

They also estimated his jump in that gif you posted:

32" inches
    From your video: "78 centimeter, which is higher than the average NBA basketball player"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course.

Still doesn't change the fact the average MLB player has 13.8% body fat. I know you're just going to completely ignore that fact since it doesn't fit your trolling narrative, though.

I also don't care what the total weight of a baseball player is. BMI is a in' terrible metric to determine overall fitness. That's why I highlighted body fat percentage, which is only 3% higher than the "shredded" floptrot players you worship.

Gonna keep spinning?
    Spinning? At least I'm not flat out lying:

the average size of an MLB player is 6'2" 190, so I don't get the "fatball" designation.
    The average fatballer is 6'1" 223lbs by your own data, yet you choose to post the "lean body mass" which is weight without all that ing fat

And 13.8% body fat vs. 10% body fat is not "3%" fatter it is 27.5% fatter

But just keep making up, scra.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From your video: "78 centimeter, which is higher than the average NBA basketball player"
    Yes. The average NBA vert is 28". Same as the average MLB vert. 78 cm=30.7".

But you do realize 40 percent of NBA players are bigs (Cs or PFs), like Duncan, Dirk, old KG, Bogut, the Gasols, Hibbert, Baynes, Splitter, Z-Bo, Al Jefferson etc, etc who can't jump worth a and bring down the overall average?

Ronaldo is supposed to be soccer's best leaper, so comparing his vert to an average is disingenuous.

That's why I don't get your strategy of citing the CCs and Colons in the MLB to denigrate the athleticism of baseball players, when the NBA has some very unathletic lops at the big positions who get by on skill and knowledge (like Colon and CC do).

You love rugby, right? Is rugby an unathletic game or filled with "fat" players because this guy was an elite player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spinning? At least I'm not flat out lying:

The average fatballer is 6'1" 223lbs by your own data, yet you choose to post the "lean body mass" which is weight without all that ing fat

And 13.8% body fat vs. 10% body fat is not "3%" fatter it is 27.5% fatter

But just keep making up, scra.
    Again, who cares?

13.8% is considered an "athletic" build.

http://www.freebodyfatcalculator.org/13.8/

Still gonna keep spinning and call it fatball when the data proves you wrong?

Might as well call floptrot skinny fatball then because so many players in the game have builds like this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revoke their US citizenship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. The average NBA vert is 28". Same as the average MLB vert. 78 cm=30.7".

But you do realize 40 percent of NBA players are bigs (Cs or PFs), like Duncan, Dirk, old KG, Bogut, the Gasols, Hibbert, Baynes, Splitter, Z-Bo, Al Jefferson etc, etc who can't jump worth a and bring down the overall average?

Ronaldo is supposed to be soccer's best leaper, so comparing his vert to an average is disingenuous.

That's why I don't get your strategy of citing the CCs and Colons in the MLB to denigrate the athleticism of baseball players, when the NBA has some very unathletic lops at the big positions who get by on skill and knowledge (like Colon and CC do).

You love rugby, right? Is rugby an unathletic game or filled with "fat" players because this guy was an elite player?
    Jumping is not an integral part of football like it is basketball. Plus the technique is different, you have to keep your arms by your side which is obviously going to limit your max since you're not using the momentum of your torso to max your height like in basketball. You can even see it in that video, look at his form.

Rugby sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tennis is definitely the best sport for kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, who cares?

13.8% is considered an "athletic" build.

http://www.freebodyfatcalculator.org/13.8/

Still gonna keep spinning and call it fatball when the data proves you wrong?

Might as well call floptrot skinny fatball then because so many players in the game have builds like this:
    I care when you post "facts" of 6'2" 190 when the reality is 6'1" 223

And your link. 13.8 is the end of the "athlete" spectrum

decathaletes at 6'1" 223lbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I care when you post "facts" of 6'2" 190 when the reality is 6'1" 223

And your link. 13.8 is the end of the "athlete" spectrum

decathaletes at 6'1" 223lbs
    Again, overall weight doesn't matter since BMI is worthless.

And now that you were proven wrong, you're shifting from "they're all fat" to "end of the athletic spectrum!"

And thinking there's a significant difference between 10% and 14%.

Looks in pretty athletic shape to me (despite the bird chest and chicken legs):

Better than Rooney, Ribery, Messi, and a host of others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, overall weight doesn't matter since BMI is worthless.

And now that you were proven wrong, you're shifting from "they're all fat" to "end of the athletic spectrum!"
    Who was proven wrong? Mind going to modify all your posts claiming "MLB average size is 6'2" 190lbs" to 6'1" 223lbs?

Thread Information