Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the all time Great Spur as the second best spur of all time..

Winning a ring in the Durant-Curry-Thompsom-Draymond and Lebron-Kyrie-Love era ...

With majority of his supporting cast being past their prime or way too young.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely and utterly false. Not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like saying, "If Murry wins a ring this year, he surpasses Barkley." Or, "If Kawhi wins the next five Championships in a row, he surpasses Duncan." Senseless.

Tell you what. If Kawhi rings this year while carrying his too-old and too-young supporting cast? Bump the thread and ask the question then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

First, I don't think he leads the Spurs to a le this year. And maybe they take a few steps back from last year. Pau is new. Tim is gone, and the bench is as inexperienced as ever. I think it's a down year. I think they win 50 games and lose in the 2nd round to a team they would've beat this year.

Second, this team, while a downgrade, is a better roster than anything Robinson had pre Duncan.

Third, different era. If Robinson played in this era at 26, he'd probably win 3 les in this league with no bigs. I don't think Kawhi would lead a team to the final in Robinson 's era.

Robinson means more on and off the court. He kept the Spurs relevant at a time when there was talk of them relocating. Plus, in a military city, he actually served two years, which is unheard of now. And give him those two years in his youth and Duncan may not own all the Spur records.

I like Kawhi, but he's far behind Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean if he transcends his game yet again and carries this team through the playoffs, through GS and Cleveland (most likelies) to a ring as the undisputed Leader of the team?
    And win another consecutive DPOY and get major consideration for the MVP again? Maybe win it?

I will seriously consider it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

First, I don't think he leads the Spurs to a le this year. And maybe they take a few steps back from last year. Pau is new. Tim is gone, and the bench is as inexperienced as ever. I think it's a down year. I think they win 50 games and lose in the 2nd round to a team they would've beat this year.

Second, this team, while a downgrade, is a better roster than anything Robinson had.

Third, different era. If Robinson played in this era at 26, he'd probably win 3 les in this league with no bigs. I don't think Kawhi would lead a team to the final in Robinson 's era.

Robinson means more on and off the court. He kept the Spurs relevant at a time when there was talk of them relocating. Plus, in a military city, he actually served two years, which is unheard of now. And give him those two years in his youth and Duncan may not own all the Spur records.

I like Kawhi, but he's far behind Robinson.
    My goodness, if DRob was coming into the League now...
    I can hardly imagine what he would do to his compe ion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would kill the Warriors. Unguardable on offense and quick enough to handle any rotation on defense and guard the rim. It would be fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would kill the Warriors. Unguardable on offense and quick enough to handle any rotation on defense and guard the rim. It would be fun to watch.
    He would have been the ultimate mismatch with almost every team in the NBA as of this moment. Anthony Davis right now is closest to him and I don't think he's anything near the Admiral, in his prime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, but Lamarcus.........still no, sorry i can't troll at that level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but i will play pau vs kobe and shaq......line that up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP Top 5 Worst poster on ST ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs win this season, it will be because of LMAlpha and MVPau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson path the way for TD to take over the team. His at ude and personality still surrounds this great organisation. Timmy just took it on another level. Leonard will have to do the same and win another ring or two.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Robinson. He is my friend. And Kawhi Leonard is no David Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, if he wins mvp, fmvp, dpoy and recruits Westbrook or cp3 to take less money.....apologizes to that one guys daughter, then maybe, maybe it'll happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would certainly put him on a trajectory to surpass him... but drob carried a team for a decade. something has to be said for the longevity of his greatness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would actually be quite impressive if Kawhi can lead this team to a le. The odds are pretty slim right now.

Feel like Pop and RC are going to be experiencing Duncan shock all season and I haven't been confident in LMA when Timmy isn't there holding his hand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had 5 50 plus win seasons with Robinson. Robinson won an MVP, DPOY, was on 10 all NBA teams along with 8 defensive NBA teams, scoring champ, lead the league in blocks and rebounds at least once in his career. Robinson was also a 10 time all-star. Kawhi has a long way to go before he can top Robinson in the spurs hierarchy

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bottom line is Kawhi > TD in the years to come? In terms of humility and consistency..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the all time Great Spur as the second best spur of all time..

Winning a ring in the Durant-Curry-Thompsom-Draymond and Lebron-Kyrie-Love era ...

With majority of his supporting cast being past their prime or way too young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another legacy smuck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson won the scoring le and DPOY (in different seasons)...

If Kawhi gets to 3 rings, then we can talk about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not yet imo. Robinson made the Spurs relevant in the 90s. he was a terror on defense and averaged almost 30ppg one season and has an MVP under his belt. I love Kawhi and i think he has potential to be the 2nd greatest spur but it will take a few more years leading the team imo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you're an idiot - because you know what KL can do to his compe ion. Swap Leonard for Robinson and the spurs would have rang every year he was in the league had he been blessed with the team KL has thus far. Put Leonard on the 80s 90s spurs.. there would be no spurs today. No one who has ever witnessed these two players in an actual game - not some youtube highlight - would say that KL is even on pace to touch Robinson.

Robinson AVERAGED KL's best scoring season, more assists, and Robinsons AVERAGE PER was KL best. I'll stop there - but statistically Robinson had better stats than Tim - and had he not gotten injured or had a better team - would have had even better. Many people consider Tim the best Spur ever, and I doubt anyone would dare compare KL to Tim, however, Tim and David were very similar in terms of stats and imprint on the game. Had Duncan and Robinson switched careers Robinson very easily could have won more rings than Tim.

What a dumb post. Kudos

Thread Information