Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    being a hard worker per se is not to be respected. Kirby was a hard worker, but was not a great basketball player, he may have worked harder than others, but he was working on the wrong thing. He kept on working on how to make harder shots, instead of training in how to make smart shots. It's like praising a jerk off for jerking off a lot when he should be banging skinny blondes...
    Your analogy sucks
    agree on the bold
    The underline is just stupid ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. The Shot to win vs. Pistons
    5. the clutch shot in the Western playoffs vs the Spurs while in houston

fify

I would add game winner vs the Nuggets in the 1st round in 2007

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    fify

I would add game winner vs the Nuggets in the 1st round in 2007
    was that the win? My bad, for some reason I thought it was to force OT ...my bad If I was wrong.

Horry an even bigger boss than I remembered. Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was that the win? My bad, for some reason I thought it was to force OT ...my bad If I was wrong.

Horry an even bigger boss than I remembered. Thanks
    I remember before that game 5 vs Pistons (they destroyed us in games 3 and 4), I said to a friend of mine (who happens to be a Pistons fan) that game 5 would be very close and that Horry would hit the game winner

Cant believe it actually happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your analogy sucks
    agree on the bold
    The underline is just stupid ...
    so basically you agree but don't like my tone

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so basically you agree but don't like my tone
    come on kobe may be overrated but not great is just dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure that Horry is the type to look back and think objectively about what makes a good coach. He's going to most likely pick the one that he had the most fun with. He was young, got lots of playing time, and won back to back championships with a laid back coach. Probably let Horry do as he pleased. I doubt he looked any deeper than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure that Horry is the type to look back and think objectively about what makes a good coach. He's going to most likely pick the one that he had the most fun with. He was young, got lots of playing time, and won back to back championships with a laid back coach. Probably let Horry do as he pleased. I doubt he looked any deeper than this.
    I think Horry didnt like playing PF

As you said he had his best years in Houston, and he could have been an All-Star one day if he kept playing SF

He did play SF during his short stint with the Suns, but the club was such a mess and that offense was so bad anyway...

And yes Rudy was laid back, and Phil was tough with him so he may be biased

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course very possible.
    But if he was dealing with Phil or Pop recently i might buy this theory more.
    He has had plenty of time to make fair judgment of all 3 coaches.

Of course i think Pop is a better coach than Rudy he has adjusted with the times.
    He helped develop and mold Parker and Kiwi (Manu arguably was reigned in by Pop)
    But there is no need for excuses to be made he gave his opinion.
    Be curious what Kerr would say comparing Pop and phil ...he never played for Rudy T as far as I can recall.

I think as you age you can appreciate someone who is "harder" on you then when you are in the moment of being coached that way.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 08-02-2016 at 02:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course very possible.
    But if he was dealing with Phil or Pop recently i might buy this theory more.
    He has had plenty of time to make fair judgment of all 3 coaches.

Of course i think Pop is a better coach than Rudy he has adjusted with the times.
    He helped develop and mold Parker and Kiwi (Manu arguably was reigned in by Pop)
    But there is no need for excuses to be made he gave his opinion.
    Be curious what Kerr would say comparing Pop an dphil ...he never played for Rudy T as far as I can recall.

I think as you age you can appreciate someone who is "harder" on you then when you are in the moment ofbeing coached that way.
    I don't disagree. And maybe I'm wrong, but Horry just doesn't strike me as the kind of player to give it too much thought. That at ude is also what contributed to him being the kind of player he was. I love Horry but I don't know how reliable he is in objectively dissecting each coach.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't disagree. And maybe I'm wrong, but Horry just doesn't strike me as the kind of player to give it too much thought. That at ude is also what contributed to him being the kind of player he was. I love Horry but I don't know how reliable he is in objectively dissecting each coach.
    but he did take the time to write this article. so he had to give it some thought.
    My guess is the editor decided to focus on that line because it would get more hits.
    Doubt horry cares much who the better coach was ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but he did take the time to write this article. so he had to give it some thought.
    My guess is the editor decided to focus on that line because it would get more hits.
    Doubt horry cares much who the better coach was ...
    Ah...I just went back and saw the link to the full article. Thought he had just made some comments that were bulletpointed. In any event, I think you're right. He probably couldn't care les

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    come on kobe may be overrated but not great is just dumb.
    it's by definition.. Someone can't be great if he can't play the game the right way. And it's not like he was successful in his way of playing, i mean it's not a coincidence that he is the definition of bball inefficiency.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it's by definition.. Someone can't be great if he can't play the game the right way. And it's not like he was successful in his way of playing, i mean it's not a coincidence that he is the definition of bball inefficiency.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best trolling is the one that has a flawless logic

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As should just about anybody. He developed the inside out offense. No team had ever utilized the three like that before. Yeah, he had great players, but he maxed out their value. Jackson followed talent, and Pop was smart enough to follow Duncan's lead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That take is fine with me, just another thing stacked against Robinson in 95.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the best trolling is the one that has a flawless logic

Thread Information