Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has this franchise fallen off a cliff or what's up?
    Got the comped tickets/dinner thing again so will see it tonight.
    I know the Spok actor is open flamer but now what is this chit about the new Sulu? Don't care in real life but is producers gonna try and force a bunch of this into the movie?

I know...the wife took my Vulcan ears away from me when we got married. I'm still recovering tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I enjoy the new movies tbh. 3rd one looks good

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I know the Spok actor is open flamer but now what is this chit about the new Sulu? Don't care in real life but is producers gonna try and force a bunch of this into the movie?
    Basically sulk is a smoker now because that's how alternate time lines work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I personally enjoyed the first two movies and can't wait to see this one over the weekend.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Don't quote me you ing gossip girl

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Danny green is promoting it on his IG.

Random

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i thought the first 2 of this series have been terrific. looking forward to another

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I fell asleep in the first new one, didn't bother with the second.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^^ I wish I would have seen this third one Star Trek Beyond in one of those recliner theaters. A snoozer.

I know...the wife took my Vulcan ears away from me when we got married. I'm still recovering tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's all cept for the Khan one and even that one was bersome with that irritating woman + Kirk's mystery son. I just cling to Montalban's quality there. Along with "Falconetti" out of "Rich Man, Poor Man" one of the greatest bad guys ever created.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's all cept for the Khan one and even that one was bersome with that irritating woman + Kirk's mystery son. I just cling to Montalban's quality there. Along with "Falconetti" out of "Rich Man, Poor Man" one of the greatest bad guys ever created.
    Well, on this new they try even harder then the others to imitate the original crew William Shantner, Nimoy, etc. And fail again. They were a little bit better, including some banter between Spok and Bones. Had a part where Spok was starting to irriate Bones and vice versa, yet mild compared to the original. But for the most part it's so obviously forced. Takes the actors wayy out of their natural scope, which is already very limited.
    New Spok still sounds like a robot, no where near the level of Nimoy.
    Kirk they try to give him a bit more humor like they gave Shanter, but a day late and dollar short again.
    New Checkovs accent sounds so damned fake. If he is truly Euro he should be ashamed.

These baby faced no-charisma actors that landed these mega parts. Just Hollywood bullsh continued.

Basically sulk is a smoker now because that's how alternate time lines work.
    Oh yeah that get that "out" right at the start, with Sulu kissing his fellow smoker bon voyage as the Enterprise departs. And they have a daughter. Yep, the producers had to bring a little girl into this one.

Give Hollywood time, they will have the two Modern Family s cast as Captain James Kirk and Lieutenant Uhura.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In IMAX right now - let's see how it goes. I loved the first two; big surprise to me at least how quality they have been & IMO it's been casts damn well.

New director though so let's see.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm actually surprised there are so many people that give a about these movies. I'm not opposed to action-oriented Trek films, but count me in the bunch that finds the whole alternate timeline/reboot a silly idea. And frankly, I've seen enough of Captain Kirk and co to last me a lifetime. I feel the same about the Han Solo prequel. The Star Trek and Star Wars universes are big enough that we don't need to run the same old characters into the ground.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I enjoyed it. I felt that it was a realistic portrayal of where the crew would be with the progression of the current story line. Plenty of action, solid humor and of course really great effects.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 07-24-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i enjoyed it. imo not as good as the first two, but those set high bars. good movie

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    I hate Star Trek overall, but have enjoyed all 3 of this new series.....which leads me to believe most Trekkies probably hate these new ones.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anton Yelchin's Pavel Chekov will not be recast in the Star Trek reboot
    They replaced Leonard Nimoys Spok with a flamer, made Sulu the 2nd smoker on the bridge but won't replace Chekov. O-kay.
    http://www.wired.co.uk/article/star-...-anton-yelchin

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great movie and I'd definitely do Scottys alien chic. Lots of spinning though. . Don't watch it after a night of drinking is all I'm saying.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I liked it. It had a decent story line with good special effects . I give it a 90% on the rotten tomato
    scale. I was entertained.

Thread Information