Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manure's FT% drops to 50% when the pressure is on. It's known to happen tbh
    Sadly there is some truth to this the last few years, but in his prime, he was the best closer in basketball. He lead the NBA in field goal percentage in the clutch, he never missed free throws, and he made great decisions with the ball. Age has robbed him of that, but for years he got the job done at an elite level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure that 22% is misleading. Can you put their TS% up?
    3>2 is only misleading if you're re

Shooting 82 pct on three throws 8.4 times per 100 possessions>49 pct from the field on 22 fg attempts where 19 are 2s, well I guess you'll have to think about that one... It's better use of your time than trolling probably, so go ahead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All-Star:

Parker: 6x
    Ginobili: 2x

All-NBA:

Parker: 4x
    Those are media votes. They both should've had more individual awards and fans regularly get the all star voting wrong. Both are great Spurs and the best Spurs of all time at their positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are media votes. They both should've had more individual awards and fans regularly get the all star voting wrong. Both are great Spurs and the best Spurs of all time at their positions.
    yes he is just trolling now I'm guessing. It is what it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were both elite drivers, but manu's size and ability to draw fouls made him better- there's a reason so many teams were able to shut Tony down by packing the paint / using a longer defender on him. Still have to admire Tony's exceptional speed and skill finishing in the paint despite his size disadvantage. Manu was elite at drawing fouls, something the team is sorely lacking now.
    Manu obviously has better range, and Tony eventually became a very good passer too.
    Re: playing with/against 2nd units, it has pros and cons but manu used to close against starters regularly and he was pretty damn good at it. When manu started his stats went up and I'm pretty sure when Tony came off the bench his stats went down, can't be bothered to look up the numbers now.

For me, offensively the difference is that Tony was more dependent on matchups, while manu was more dependent on health due to his reckless style. assuming both are healthy playing vs a strong playoff team, I'll take manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All-Star:

All-NBA:

Ginobili was better in terms of peak value, but Parker has been more durable and consistent. Ginobili in 2005 was a beast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the debate, but the two aren't really comparable as they played different positions and roles such that their comparisons are apples to oranges. Plus both had peak years at different times and the Spurs system changed to meet their peaks and lows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop on Manu:

Pop on Parker:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All-Star:

All-NBA:

How many players in the NBA history made the all star 2 times while averaging only 26 minutes in his entire career? Also those players had to came off the bench in more than half of their careers..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop on Manu:

Pop on Parker:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coaches vote on the second team all-stars man...do you guys seriously not know this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili was better in terms of peak value, but Parker has been more durable and consistent. Ginobili in 2005 was a beast.
    Lol, so now a 22/6 playoff series is a better peak than 30/7? Hahaha...Parker routinely put up Manu's peak numbers throughout his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were both elite drivers, but manu's size and ability to draw fouls made him better- there's a reason so many teams were able to shut Tony down by packing the paint / using a longer defender on him. Still have to admire Tony's exceptional speed and skill finishing in the paint despite his size disadvantage. Manu was elite at drawing fouls, something the team is sorely lacking now.
    Manu obviously has better range, and Tony eventually became a very good passer too.
    Re: playing with/against 2nd units, it has pros and cons but manu used to close against starters regularly and he was pretty damn good at it. When manu started his stats went up and I'm pretty sure when Tony came off the bench his stats went down, can't be bothered to look up the numbers now.

For me, offensively the difference is that Tony was more dependent on matchups, while manu was more dependent on health due to his reckless style. assuming both are healthy playing vs a strong playoff team, I'll take manu.
    Hahaha Manu got shut down WAY more than Parker. See stats in post above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one more season as a Spur Parker has over 34,000 total minutes versus about 24,000 for Ginobili. So Parker has to get some credit for just being on the court more. Or maybe you could say Ginoboli gets credit for putting up the numbers he has in relatively few minutes.

After watching countless Spurs games I can say the I saw Ginobili take over a game with a series if inspired plays more often than Parker. On the other hand Manu made a lot of terrible plays at crucial moments, including the 2006 loss to Dallas that was mainly on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, so now a 22/6 playoff series is a better peak than 30/7? Hahaha...Parker routinely put up Manu's peak numbers throughout his career.
    Manu's peak in 2005 was a against a Detroit team that was one of the best defensive teams ever. Parker's Final MVP in 2007 was against a backup PG on a mediocre team.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand Parker fanboys hate for Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again OP with his less-than-subtle attempt at flaming divisiveness among Spurs fans. Nearly every thread he makes is meant to pit one faction against another.

Boring. A complete troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all i know is if i need one guy to score a bunch in garbage time, i'm giving the ball to Parker and not looking back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand Parker fanboys hate for Manu.
    Most are just doing their never-ever-ending trolling but if you want to give back you can delve into them exemplifying the petty selfish mindset of Tony Parker vs the exemplary self-sacrificing wonderful human being and teammate Manu Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's peak in 2005 was a against a Detroit team that was one of the best defensive teams ever. Parker's Final MVP in 2007 was against a backup PG on a mediocre team.
    Who happened to beat the team you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most are just doing their never-ever-ending trolling but if you want to give back you can delve into them exemplifying the petty selfish mindset of Tony Parker vs the exemplary self-sacrificing wonderful human being and teammate Manu Ginobili.
    That seems fair and unbiased.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't speak too much about Prime Manu, but Prime Parker may be the only PG around which a team could build a post-centric offense. The stuff he used to be able to do with the ball would push the hopes people are having for Leonard and LMA on that end to shame. Manu would easily be the best two-guard in the game right now, while I'm not sure that Prime Tony would be ahead of Curry or even CP3. So that's something else to consider.
    eh, prime TP circa 2012 would routinely outdo cp3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the metric is dribbles per possession, no contest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the metric is dribbles per possession, no contest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count