San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jesus some of you are re ed
    And what uganda do about it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt this. Teams like the Nets and Bulls would definitely go for a player like him. Pipe dream.

Nets cant outbid anyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Okafor do something? I just skimmed the article, but I don't think the price has dropped. And Green for Okafor is ridiculous from both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okafor on the Spurs would mean rings. His style of play is the closest to Tim Duncan's in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Okafor do something? I just skimmed the article, but I don't think the price has dropped. And Green for Okafor is ridiculous from both sides.
    Seems like speculation from the writer. Nothing from a source, he's quoting Sports Illustrated where a guy is just throwing to the wall of places Okafor could land and where he would like to see him end up. http://www.si.com/nba/video/2016/07/...rade-scenarios

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a logjam at the position. Both him and Noel competing. One of them won't develop with the other taking minutes. They'd be smart to trade one away for something they need. But they're asking price last time was a little steep. Looks like they want to move one so why not ask? Can't be told no unless you ask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intelligent take lol
    better than “hurr durr let's trade manu and mills and picks for a player on a rookie contract hurr durr!”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://en.yibada.com/articles/144019...old-school.htm

I think it'd be a great pick up. Went too high in the draft and now could be on the block for cheap. Potential high ceiling value if he's in the right system with the right coaches.
    That´s one of the thins that you always say: "Woild be great to see if he can develop with us", but we never get the chance to see it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green could go for Okafor. 76ers have cap room to absorb contract difference, and need a SG ergo the reason going after Manu. any cash left over by moving Green's contract would then be used to find another SG. Could make sense both ways.
    The most sense for us would be Mills+Simmons+2017 first rounder. That is the best and the most realistic offer that we can make.
    Not great, just real.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any trades at this point will drastically deplete our bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I think right now it's best to say we like all of them, we want to see if we can make the most out of each of them in terms to their contributions to this team," Colangelo told SiriusXM NBA Radio. "But at the end of the day, the reality says one has to go at some point, but only when the deal is right."
    Last season, it became clear that Okafor and Noel couldn't play together because neither can move down to power forward. Both struggle defending smaller players and neither can score outside the paint with any regularity.
    Even if one of them were able to slide down, it wouldn't matter. Next season, that position is going to be filled by Simmons and the 12th pick of the 2014 draft, Dario Saric. Meanwhile, Embiid will take as many minutes as he can handle at center. There's just not enough playing time for everyone, and benching lottery picks is not a good way to maximize assets.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2016/7/21/12...ryan-colangelo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bull article. Many teams could use him and would be able to bid much more than Patty Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Duncan 2.0 hype to getting shopped hard in space of 12 months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better than “hurr durr let's trade manu and mills and picks for a player on a rookie contract hurr durr!”
    Cause that's what i said. Lol.
    Last edited by Trueblood; 07-23-2016 at 01:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with kawhi, green and aldridge, we aren't sniffing the lottery anytime soon. plus they would have to be non consecutive
    I thought you were joking, three 1sts for a guy who's ceiling is Brooke Lopez? Mills and a 1st would be about fair price

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you were joking, three 1sts for a guy who's ceiling is Brooke Lopez? Mills and a 1st would be about fair price
    sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause that's what i said. Lol.
    I didnt say you did. you Christians and your perceived slights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats why we have to throw in Ginobili (who we KNOW they want or offer Parker/Anderson too.)
    Whoa! Spurs aren't known for sticking a knife in the back of a loyal player who took less money to stay with the Spurs. While Philly would get a much better deal than the offer they made to Manu, it would really be a chicken way for the Spurs to act.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Mills for Okafor straight up works under ESPN Trade Machine...but why would the Sixers do that?
    They need good point guards BADLY. They need scoring from the guard position, BADLy. They offered a 38 year old Manu 18 million for 2 years fully guaranteed theyre so desperate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the noise around Patty going to Philly is Brett Brown is a big Patty Mills fan from this days coaching the Aussies. I don't know if it would have part in us getting Okafor as I would imagine they could get better value but Patty going to Philly in some deal would not be suprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was suggesting Mills to Philly because they don't have shooting or a good PG during the lead up to the draft. I liked Luwawu but a Luwawu for Mills doesn't make sense sense the Spurs need a good backup and Murray isn't ready.

Mills and a 1st or Mills and Simmons + 1st for Okafor would be a deal worth considering. He can't defend or shoot outside of the paint and is a bad rebounder, and a 68% FT shooter but has potential to be a stellar low post player and is only 20. Heard comparisons to Al Jefferson and Brook Lopez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt say you did. you Christians and your perceived slights
    You used my post to describe people talking about trading Manu. Don't know how that could be miss perceived. But hey, no hard feelings man. I'll pray for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a big fan of Okafor, but I'm going to need the # of your dealer if you think the 76ers are trading Okafor for Mills + Simmons + 1st rounder

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Okafor's issues are more about at ude and mentality than they are anything else... but he did put up 17 & 7 in an NBA season he started at age 19. That's pretty impressive. If the Spurs vetted him and thought he was capable of maturing (unlike, say, DeMarcus Cousins), I'd absolutely be in favor of trying to grab him... He won't be as good as Karl-Anthony Towns, but at worst he could be a better version of Kanter or B. Lopez on a very inexpensive rookie scale contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First proposed trade. Kyle and Patty for Okafur. http://www.si.com/nba/video/2016/07/...rade-scenarios

Thread Information