Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    throwing draft picks away>? Have you actaully watched an nba draft the past 10 years? it's not like the NFL in which you can get a great pick in the 4th or 5th round. past the 10th pick in the past few drafts, there hasn't been much to get.
    Not really. Teams have found gems outside of the top 10 picks in the draft.

Kawhi-15th
    Gobert 28th
    Butler-30th
    Ibaka-24th
    Batum-25th
    George Hill-26th
    Dragic-42nd Pick
    Teague-19th

Second Rounders
    Korver
    Parsons
    Milsap
    Thomas
    Middleton
    Dray.Green
    D. Jordan
    M. Gasol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit i have buyers remorse on Pau, but this a move for the future. And DAMN Andersons offense. Realistically, We wont be winning a chip this year anyway. Gotta surround Kawhi and Murray with as much young, high potential talent as possible for the future dynasty.

And i LIKE anderson almost as much as SAGirl. Im sure she'd agree that Parker and Anderson +1 for Okafor is a GREAT trade for kawhi.

Then we just Sign Ty Lawson for the min, play this year out, develop Murray and Bertans and the other young guys and shoot for the chip next year after Durant opts out and Lebron is a year weaker. Maybe with Green/Kawhi/LMA/OK4 Westbrook takes a long hard look at getting revenge with us next season.
    I've stayed out of this one so as to not appear blind, but the truth is that I don't know Okafor enough to yap about him. I do know he's difficult to build around bc offensive centers who don't protect the rim are a bad idea. Perhaps bc of that, I am not eager to trade anyone that we have for him. I know he's young and bound to get better, but we might as well have kept Boban who schooled him pretty much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs ty offers of Anderson, mills, or both aren't close to enough. Especially with someone like Boston who can offer real value for him. I wish philly was that stupid though, but this isn't 2k unfortunately.
    Boston is trying to fleece 76ers on account of Okafors violent incidents in Boston. They also are probably making offers on Westbrook. Until that chip falls they won't be serious about Okafor IMO. Them picking up Al Horford also lessens their desperation for a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've stayed out of this one so as to not appear blind, but the truth is that I don't know Okafor enough to yap about him. I do know he's difficult to build around bc offensive centers who don't protect the rim are a bad idea. Perhaps bc of that, I am not eager to trade anyone that we have for him. I know he's young and bound to get better, but we might as well have kept Boban who schooled him pretty much.
    He and Boban are very different. Even in terms of just like mobility. Okafor has much more upside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll tell you this, though. I'd do something around Simmons for Jeremi Grant easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you believe this, you may as well pack up for and go on vacation for a few years.

Kawhi and Murray don't belong in the same sentence. Anyway, no, when you have two 30-plus-year-old bigs, you aren't trying to build for the future.

Wait, PARKER and Anderson plus the first? That's even worse. No. no. And I don't even like Parker.

I'm not throwing away a chance this year for a chance next year. This is the year to get past GS. If they win, they gel, and Durant calms down to play to his potential. And there's a reason why Okafor would be available for a "you gotta take it" deal. He's not on a star track. I doubt he'd start over Pau, and if he did, I'd be more than concerned about the defense.
    Good post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Sixers are shopping Noel more than they are Okafor. His upside offensively is miles apart from Okafor or Embiid, though he has some use as an interior defender.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's his meniscus doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noel might not be a star but defensive big men, specially as roleplayers always have a place in the league and with LMA already in the team, I think he could be fit in better than Okafor. Okafor is a tough cookie. In a few years someone might bump this thread to laugh in my face but I stated ahead of time I am not pretending to know much about him. The 76ers were so bad that it's hard to blame one guy but Noel was their best defensive player and the only guy on there without a net negative. One certainly can't build a team around a blue collar guy like Noel, but he can be an important roleplayer in a championship team, rather than the offensive center who is going to demand touches in the paint, then not be impactful at the other end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading page 3 of this thread has absolutely blown my mind. Wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who told you he doesn't protect the rim?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who told you he doesn't protect the rim?
    The stats. I don't watch him as I have said, but he's been a net negative on defense. Noel is a +3.4 defensively, Okafor a -1.5. Ironically, Okafor is a net negative offensively too and in BPM much worse than Noel. Whatever he was doing there wasn't good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stats. I don't watch him as I have said, but he's been a net negative on defense. Noel is a +3.4 defensively, Okafor a -1.5. Ironically, Okafor is a net negative offensively too and in BPM much worse than Noel. Whatever he was doing there wasn't good.
    so, nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't tell from your comments. Are you just being a devil's advocate? Or have you seen Okafor play some and come to a different conclusion about his defensive skill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't tell from your comments. Are you just being a devil's advocate? Or have you seen Okafor play some and come to a different conclusion about his defensive skill?
    the latter. He's terrible defending the pick and roll, but that shouldn't be what is asked of him in any case. Also, they keep on trying to play high pace bball with him which is re ed. If challenged straight up, he has good mechanics and the shot blocking numbers reflect that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the latter. He's terrible defending the pick and roll, but that shouldn't be what is asked of him in any case. Also, they keep on trying to play high pace bball with him which is re ed. If challenged straight up, he has good mechanics and the shot blocking numbers reflect that.
    As a 5, Okafor will have to defend the PnR at times. Teams that employ the PnR as a staple of their offense will run a heavy dose of it against a team that isn't capable of defending it. But it does seem like Okafor (with 2 good legs) would be no worse than Tim was last year. The Spurs seemed to do all right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi-15th
    Gobert 28th
    Butler-30th
    Ibaka-24th
    Batum-25th
    George Hill-26th
    Dragic-42nd Pick
    Teague-19th

Second Rounders
    Korver
    Parsons
    Milsap
    Thomas
    Middleton
    Dray.Green
    D. Jordan
    M. Gasol
    you got a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi-15th
    Gobert 28th
    Butler-30th
    Ibaka-24th
    Batum-25th
    George Hill-26th
    Dragic-42nd Pick
    Teague-19th

Second Rounders
    Korver
    Parsons
    Milsap
    Thomas
    Middleton
    Dray.Green
    D. Jordan
    M. Gasol
    meh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really see it as a huge opportunity, throw ljc, bertans and three first rounders to get him
    So, you'd give all that up for the next Carlos Boozer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you'd give all that up for the next Carlos Boozer?
    yep.. then we'd be set for years

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep.. then we'd be set for years
    A primary big with no post moves and sub par defensive skills and rebounding is a recipe for perpetual first and second round exits. Basically, you want to give up the farm for a slightly better David West (And I'm not talking prime West, I'm talking about 2016 West)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A primary big with no post moves and sub par defensive skills and rebounding is a recipe for perpetual first and second round exits. Basically, you want to give up the farm for a slightly better David West (And I'm not talking prime West, I'm talking about 2016 West)
    15-16 West was excellent during the regular season and average during the PS, not the greatest comp. especially when West is an excellent mid range shooter and Jah can't shoot outside of the paint.
    Keeping hearing Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson as player comps that sounds closer to his ceiling. and Raven isn't being serious, I don't think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no post moves? really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15-16 West was excellent during the regular season and average during the PS, not the greatest comp. especially when West is an excellent mid range shooter and Jah can't shoot outside of the paint.
    Keeping hearing Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson as player comps that sounds closer to his ceiling. and Raven isn't being serious, I don't think.
    He was a rookie last year, he'll become much better with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no post moves? really?
    Yeah Jah's post game is really the only thing scouts rave about dude is apparently gifted in the post.

Thread Information