Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Okafor's issues are more about at ude and mentality than they are anything else... but he did put up 17 & 7 in an NBA season he started at age 19. That's pretty impressive. If the Spurs vetted him and thought he was capable of maturing (unlike, say, DeMarcus Cousins), I'd absolutely be in favor of trying to grab him... He won't be as good as Karl-Anthony Towns, but at worst he could be a better version of Kanter or B. Lopez on a very inexpensive rookie scale contract.
    He put up 17 and 7 at 19 on the worst team in the league hes gotta project to be a better player than brook in lopez

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what I've seen from the Spurs in the last 15 years I don't believe Manu or Parker would ever be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll trade Kyle to the 6ers for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You used my post to describe people talking about trading Manu. Don't know how that could be miss perceived. But hey, no hard feelings man. I'll pray for you.
    I was replying to you about the general topic were posting in? you said “intelligent take” to which i was pointing out that it wasn't much worse than the others in thread, not surprised that went over a xtians head lol. have fun talking to your imaginary sky daddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True to what I've said, I wouldn't do this deal. Would've done it during the draft, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should go for it all in!!!!!!!

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okafurs contract is so small that many teams will throw out offers better than Mills and picks once the asking price drops enough.

No way the spurs land him for that and no way SAS offers Danny for him after the sweetheart deal he gave us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gotta make his acquisition a priority. Getting a talented young big man for Kawhi and Murray to team up with? Leverage the present season or two if we must. Trade parker, Anderson, and a couple firsts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True to what I've said, I wouldn't do this deal. Would've done it during the draft, though.
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't under estimate MVPatty's value. In 2 weeks at the Olympics he'll average 30, lead KD and Melo in scoring again and he's back under the nose of GMs and RC's phone starts ringing again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't under estimate MVPatty's value. In 2 weeks at the Olympics he'll average 30, lead KD and Melo in scoring again and he's back under the nose of GMs and RC's phone starts ringing again.
    He'd have to turn into Iverson-lite to get 1 for 1 consideration for Okafor.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only Okafor that the Spurs have a chance to get is Emeka.
    Another #2 pick and bust.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd have to turn into Iverson-lite to get 1 for 1 consideration for Okafor.
    Yer for sure. I agree, but it will help perceived value in package trade scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yer for sure. I agree, but it will help perceived value in package trade scenario.
    If he turned into iverson-lite, he'd have more value for us, than them.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is a better option than Monroe, Spurs need to make this happen! 76ers keep losing and just want to fill seats at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is worth it because he has the highest ceiling than all our young players (Anderson/Bertans/Murray) and most likely higher ceiling than anyone we draft in the 20's of the next few years, and is on a cheap contract for 3 more years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't need a glass-cannon center. They will need Anderson's offense. Had the Spurs done this instead of Pau then used the cap space on a guard, that would be one thing. But the team really can't afford it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is worth it because he has the highest ceiling than all our young players (Anderson/Bertans/Murray) and most likely higher ceiling than anyone we draft in the 20's of the next few years, and is on a cheap contract for 3 more years.
    Too many reasons to make this work. I hope PATFO isnt foolishly holding on to Parker or Green or Anderson, or any other wing we can replace with Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't need a glass-cannon center. They will need Anderson's offense. Had the Spurs done this instead of Pau then used the cap space on a guard, that would be one thing. But the team really can't afford it now.
    I admit i have buyers remorse on Pau, but this a move for the future. And DAMN Andersons offense. Realistically, We wont be winning a chip this year anyway. Gotta surround Kawhi and Murray with as much young, high potential talent as possible for the future dynasty.

And i LIKE anderson almost as much as SAGirl. Im sure she'd agree that Parker and Anderson +1 for Okafor is a GREAT trade for kawhi.

Then we just Sign Ty Lawson for the min, play this year out, develop Murray and Bertans and the other young guys and shoot for the chip next year after Durant opts out and Lebron is a year weaker. Maybe with Green/Kawhi/LMA/OK4 Westbrook takes a long hard look at getting revenge with us next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs ty offers of Anderson, mills, or both aren't close to enough. Especially with someone like Boston who can offer real value for him. I wish philly was that stupid though, but this isn't 2k unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're great at drafting and we not favorites to ring anymore. Cant keep throwing draft picks away.

Ginobili, Mills, and 1st.
    throwing draft picks away>? Have you actaully watched an nba draft the past 10 years? it's not like the NFL in which you can get a great pick in the 4th or 5th round. past the 10th pick in the past few drafts, there hasn't been much to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically, We wont be winning a chip this year anyway.
    If you believe this, you may as well pack up for and go on vacation for a few years. GS will only get stronger with time.

Gotta surround Kawhi and Murray with as much young, high potential talent as possible for the future dynasty.
    Kawhi and Murray don't belong in the same sentence. Anyway, no, when you have two 30-plus-year-old bigs, you aren't trying to build for the future.

Im sure she'd agree that Parker and Anderson +1 for Okafor is a GREAT trade for kawhi.
    Wait, PARKER and Anderson plus the first? That's even worse. No. no. And I don't even like Parker.

Then we just Sign Ty Lawson for the min
    Ew. Why not just start Murray if you're throwing the season away?

shoot for the chip next year after Durant opts out and Lebron is a year weaker.
    Durant is opting out and going right back to Golden State. And shame on you for thinking Lebron is an issue with Kawhi on the team. Obviously, it's he's an awesome player, but the Spurs as currently constructed are more than capable of beating the Cavs. I don't see why they wouldn't be favorites over Cleveland.

Maybe with Green/Kawhi/LMA/OK4 Westbrook takes a long hard look at getting revenge with us next season.
    I'm not throwing away a chance this year for a chance next year. This is the year to get past GS. If they win, they gel, and Durant calms down to play to his potential. And there's a reason why Okafor would be available for a "you gotta take it" deal. He's not on a star track. I doubt he'd start over Pau, and if he did, I'd be more than concerned about the defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs ty offers of Anderson, mills, or both aren't close to enough. Especially with someone like Boston who can offer real value for him. I wish philly was that stupid though, but this isn't 2k unfortunately.
    I agree. People can keep acting like Okafor's value is dropping all they want, but it's not. He's their best center prospect, so it's the value of the guys below him that is the issue. Like what are people offering for Noel? And will someone like Richaun Holmes be cut/traded so the team can put off dealing with their top guys for another year? I don't think Boston is ready to offer real value yet, but they will be if the Sixers get close to dealing for the packages described here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. People can keep acting like Okafor's value is dropping all they want, but it's not. He's their best center prospect, so it's the value of the guys below him that is the issue. Like what are people offering for Noel? And will someone like Richaun Holmes be cut/traded so the team can put off dealing with their top guys for another year? I don't think Boston is ready to offer real value yet, but they will be if the Sixers get close to dealing for the packages described here.
    people also act like Noel has a high ceiling, he would have had it if there was ever a chance of him being able to play pf which there isn't. As a center, he's pretty much byombo 2.0

Thread Information