Post Count

Someone get the season going already

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

OU still sucks.

Dont attempt to make me like them.
    Its so much easier thinking way way back to Barry Switzer, Bosworth and their cheating.
    Ahh to be young and hate filled.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

he'd rather have the W no doubt

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    .."We got our asses kicked," he said.

Mayfield finished 13-of-32 passing for 226 yards and three touchdowns. He was picked off three times, as well, including a tipped ball that ended up being a pick-six.

"We didn't play very well. Personally, I haven't played well this season," Mayfield said. "That game just goes to show I haven't been the player I was. I've been trying to work on it - trying to get better and better......"
    http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...ked-ohio-state

Someone get the season going already
    Kid's got one of the livest arms i've seen. Hope he has it upstairs.....if he does he could make a of a pro....

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    http://1340thefan.com/patrick-mahome...serious-video/

Pat's daddeh saying the injury isn't too bad, no surgery needed.

My pet peeve is watching QBs run when they don't need to.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Mahomes backup:

Free-spirited, tattooed Texas Tech 'gunslinger' Nic Shimonek ready to play if needed

Texas Tech quarterback Nic Shimonek on the possibility of making his first start on Saturday at Kansas State: "Not being afraid of anything or anybody is kind of my deal."*

Oct 4, 2016

Mitch ShermanESPN Staff Writer

The moment happened so fast, so unexpectedly that*Nic Shimonek*didn’t get time to think.

He saw*Patrick Mahomes II*go down on the second play of Texas Tech’s second drive of the third quarter Thursday night. The Red Raiders, uncharacteristically sluggish on offense, lost their star quarterback in a flash, and Shimonek -- with one collegiate completion to his credit in three seasons before he threw for 150 yards in garbage time last month against Stephen F. Austin -- misfired on his first throw before............

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/p...play-if-needed

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ".......Mahomes set an NCAA record with 819 yards of total offense in a game.*He also tied the NCAA mark for passing yards with 734.

- Mahomes threw 88 passes. He just missed the NCAA record of 89 set by Washington State's Connor Halliday.

- Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield was 27-of-36 for 545 yards and seven touchdowns. The seven scoring passes set a school record.

- Mahomes and Mayfield set NCAA records with 1,279 combined passing yards and 1,383 yards of total offense by two players

http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/...urn-to-lubbock

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Published17h

Emotions boil over as Mayfield picks up a personal foul, students hurl explicit chant at former Tech QB..

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield escapes the pursuit of Texas Tech defensive lineman Talor Nunez during the first half of an NCAA college football game Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016, in Lubbock, Texas. (Mark Rogers/Lubbock Avalanche-Journal via AP)

By*Brady Vardeman, Special contributorContact Brady Vardemanon Twitter:@BradyVardeman

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield kept his cool most of Saturday night -- that is, until the Texas*Tech student section started chants of "F--- you, Baker" at the former Red Raider.

A few plays after the hints emerged, Mayfield taunted a Tech defender who was unable to bring him down out*of*bounds. He picked up a 15-yard personal foul penalty as a result of the only time Mayfield struggled to find level-headedness all evening.

Then, Texas Tech's explicit chant spread to the whole stadium.

Warning:*The video includes foul language:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...former-tech-qb
    What a pussy

Baker. He's a mediocre . I just feel bad for Mahomes, his talent is being wasted under this regime.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Baker. He's a mediocre . I just feel bad for Mahomes, his talent is being wasted under this regime.
    Yeah, this defense was supposed to be turned way around by now.

No way he comes back next year.

But people don't realize he really wasn't recruited all that hard because he was mostly an athletic baseball player playing QB.
    It took Kliff a lot of work to get him to this point.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    COLUMBUS, Ohio – Texas Tech junior quarterback Patrick Mahomes II has been named the winner of the prestigious 2016 Sammy Baugh Award, presented to college football's top passer by The Touchdown Club of Columbus.

The trophy was first presented in 1959 and has been held by legendary passers including Steve Young, John Elway and Bob Griese, among others. *Mahomes joins fellow Red Raiders Graham Harrell (2007), B.J. Symons (2003), and current Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury (2002) as the fourth Tech quarterback to win the award.

Mahomes has been the nation’s most prolific quarterback in 2016, concluding the regular season leading the FBS in total offense (5,312 yards), passing yards (5,052 yards), points responsible for (318) and total touchdowns (53).

The Whitehouse, Texas, native also leads the FBS in passing plays of 10+ yards, 20+ yards, 30+ yards and 50+ yards.
    http://m.kcbd.com/kcbd/db_379187/con...tguid=WnDZua8E

Shame it was all wasted because of the tiest defense in the country

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Wasted.

Post Count
    TT were 4th in the country in offensive efficiency, but 127 out of 128 in defensive efficiency. Sad! #MakeTTGreatAgain!

Thread Information