Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I finished Downton Abbey and was looking for another British show. I watched a couple episodes of Foyle's War which has great reviews. But I really didn't care for it much.

So I started the series, Bleak House, based on a ens book. Just watched the first episode last night and it was very good. Lots of intrigue already. Pretty dark as well. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I finished Downton Abbey and was looking for another British show. I watched a couple episodes of Foyle's War which has great reviews. But I really didn't care for it much.

So I started the series, Bleak House, based on a ens book. Just watched the first episode last night and it was very good. Lots of intrigue already. Pretty dark as well. Looking forward to watching the rest.
    What you need is this book....Rivals of H.G.Wells. A book full of sci fi stories by all those other British sci fi authors not so famous.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What you need is this book....Rivals of H.G.Wells. A book full of sci fi stories by all those other British sci fi authors not so famous.
    It sounds like something I'd like. But I've got like 20 things I'm wanting to read already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I read the le wrong. I thought you were at Blake's house watching a British show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I read the le wrong. I thought you were at Blake's house watching a British show
    Bend over, I'll ing give you a British Show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bend over, I'll ing give you a British Show.
    What do you mean? You'll apologize repeatedly whilst doing so?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What do you mean? You'll apologize repeatedly whilst doing so?
    I mean I'll serve you some figgy pudding proper.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I mean I'll serve you some figgy pudding proper.
    Bend over, I'll show you cheeky

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bleak House the novel is awesome, I'll check it. One of my favorites of his, I think I only liked Old Curiousity Shop better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I finished this over the weekend. Eight episodes. I have to say it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Got fairly slow at times. I'm also probably subliminally comparing it to Downton Abbey.
    But it's still worth watching. Picked up in the end. Seemed like they could have done it all in a few episodes less.

One other gripe is that they used this weird zoom technique in between scenes or sets. And it seemed arbitrary as to when they used it. Didn't really fit with the style of the show. Odd choice.

Maybe 6.5/10

Thread Information