Four weeks from tomorrow.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    30 days and counting

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    The 2016 college football season officially kicks off on Friday, Aug. 26 when Hawaii and Cal meet in Sydney, Australia. But the first full week of college football begins Thursday, Sept. 1, which is now just 30 days away.

The number 30 is significant to Miami Hurricanes fans this season. It's the 30th anniversary of Miami quarterback Vinny Testaverde winning the Heisman Trophy in 1986. Testaverde was the first Hurricanes player to win the Heisman and just the second player from a Florida school to win the award. Florida's Steve Spurrier was the first in 1966. In 1992, QB Gino Torretta became the second Miami player to win college football's top individual award.

In addition to winning the Heisman, Testaverde took home the Davey O'Brien Award, the Maxwell Award, the Sammy Baugh Trophy and the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award in 1986. Testaverde completed 63.4 percent of his passes in the regular season. He threw 26 touchdown passes and just nine interceptions as Miami cruised to a perfect 11-0 regular season. Ultimately, the year ended in disappointment with the 14-10 loss to No. 2 Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl.

ESPN Stats & InfoMiami's 2016 season begins on Saturday, Sept. 3 at 6 p.m. ET against Florida A&M.

Follow along on ESPN.com clubhouse pages as we continue to count down to the first full week of college football.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I roll into Austin, TX in 31 days.

Thread Information