Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even before the knee injury, he's basically been a good shot blocker and solid finisher at the rim, that's about it and it's been that way for quite a few seasons now.

His 4-down efficiency has been atrocious since about 2010. Last shining moments were game 6 against OKC in 2014 when he got lucky a couple times (first with a generous call, then with a lucky bounce) and game 5 at LAC in 2015 when he made some critical buckets. But in general, his points per possession/efficiency rating in isolation situations has not been good for a long time, and we all know how 4-down bogs down our offense and leads to droughts and shooters getting cold (it's been an eternity since he's commanded double teams).

He never had a consistent mid range jumper (besides that bank shot from the side that completely went down the toilet about 8 years ago) and nowadays can't hit anything from more than 10 feet out at the top of the circle. Thus, he's a liability in the pick and pop, though Aldridge was the savior there.

His defensive game is limited to post defense (less important against today's NBA offenses) and shot blocking right at the rim. He's horrible against the pick and roll and has been for at least 10 years, but he was a different level of atrocious in that aspect in the last 2-3 years. He's not like Kanter/Ibaka/Adams who can usually get back to his man in time or switch, so he's basically unplayable on defense against the Warriors.

And his free throws took a nosedive once again last year. Then again, that's rarely been one of his strong suits.

Basically, Pau is objectively an upgrade, if you can't see that I don't know what game you are watching. This 67-win team just doesn't need Duncan anymore on the court, would be nice if he went to the majority of the games and continued to support his team though because his leadership is his best asset.

If I were the Spurs I would consider paying him a few million per season (non player salary) just to go to 60 games per year plus all playoff games and sit by the Spurs bench -- seriously. The guys love him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the leadership dummy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the leadership dummy.
    What is leadership, when Pop takes you out and sits you at the end of key games? Especially when the player who is subbing for you is D. West. Fans hate to admit it but Timmy was getting to the point where he was hurting us in a lot of areas. But it's OK! You can still be truthful about Tim and still love him for the player he was. He'll still be the GOAT you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even before the knee injury, he's basically been a good shot blocker and solid finisher at the rim, that's about it and it's been that way for quite a few seasons now.

His 4-down efficiency has been atrocious since about 2010. Last shining moments were game 6 against OKC in 2014 when he got lucky a couple times (first with a generous call, then with a lucky bounce) and game 5 at LAC in 2015 when he made some critical buckets. But in general, his points per possession/efficiency rating in isolation situations has not been good for a long time, and we all know how 4-down bogs down our offense and leads to droughts and shooters getting cold (it's been an eternity since he's commanded double teams).

He never had a consistent mid range jumper (besides that bank shot from the side that completely went down the toilet about 8 years ago) and nowadays can't hit anything from more than 10 feet out at the top of the circle. Thus, he's a liability in the pick and pop, though Aldridge was the savior there.

His defensive game is limited to post defense (less important against today's NBA offenses) and shot blocking right at the rim. He's horrible against the pick and roll and has been for at least 10 years, but he was a different level of atrocious in that aspect in the last 2-3 years. He's not like Kanter/Ibaka/Adams who can usually get back to his man in time or switch, so he's basically unplayable on defense against the Warriors.

And his free throws took a nosedive once again last year. Then again, that's rarely been one of his strong suits.

Basically, Pau is objectively an upgrade, if you can't see that I don't know what game you are watching. This 67-win team just doesn't need Duncan anymore on the court, would be nice if he went to the majority of the games and continued to support his team though because his leadership is his best asset.

If I were the Spurs I would consider paying him a few million per season (non player salary) just to go to 60 games per year plus all playoff games and sit by the Spurs bench -- seriously. The guys love him.
    Hey guy you!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The leadership"....lol, unreal

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what kind of reaction OP was expecting, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu should've retired as well.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    His 4-down efficiency has been atrocious since about 2010. Last shining moments were game 6 against OKC in 2014 when he got lucky a couple times (first with a generous call, then with a lucky bounce) and game 5 at LAC in 2015 when he made some critical buckets.
    He scored on Blake at will in Gm 7:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you even watch the games son?

Timmy's presence alone causes major disruption on either the offence and defense end of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I love Timmy, he just wasn't the same after that knee injury in January. It'd take Pau suffering a pretty severe decline for him not to be an upgrade over post-knee injury Duncan.

That being said, Duncan is still clearly a net positive player and I would've loved to have him come back in a smaller role where we don't depend on him as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate that KG is still going to play another year but not Timmy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are talking about last seasons Timmy then yes.

This was the first time I wasn't keen on him coming back.

He was done.

Which takes nothing away from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He scored on Blake at will in Gm 7:

That Tim would have rung last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what kind of reaction OP was expecting, tbh
    Or the reason he wrote it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must be hard to retire when theres a hint of a chance you could do some good, really hard. Its the reason so many greats stay on too long. TD took the bull by the horns and said "I ing retire es!!"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was a shorter season, he would probably still be playin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah no..

Spurs will win 55 or so games this year. 1st or 2nd round exit. Likely no more les for many years to come. If ever again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG should have quit 4 years ago. He is horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah no..

Spurs will win 55 or so games this year. 1st or 2nd round exit. Likely no more les for many years to come. If ever again.
    Lol Timmy fans like you are just the worst.

Acting like 40 year old Duncan is the difference between a ring or not is sheer stupidity.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Op needs his attention fix

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That time you put that gun in your mouth and thought "I don't matter" then suddenly an epiphany.. "maybe I will to someone one day"...

Never think like that again. Quitter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blasphemy

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim was obviously hurt the second half of the season. Other than that, OP's take is trash, as usual.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim was fine at the beginning of the season. The other knee ended his career. Why must we have to go over this eleventy billion times....

No. Just No. We are not better off without healthy old Tim.

Thread Information