Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if that "Mother's Day" story is true or if Garnett has since apologized? I just find it hard to believe that a seemingly "good natured" guy like Timmy could hate an opponent. As much as I love KG's game, I can unfortunately see him saying some s bag like that to throw off an opponent. He's said other allegedly questionable and disrespectful things in "the heat of the moment" to other oppoents as well. Although, since that supposed moment Garnett has done nothing but show admiration and love for Timmy as a rival/opponent.

We'll probably never find out the actual truth of the matter.
    Kevin Garnett is a classless piece of . It doesn't matter whether he apologized or not, because Timmy is NOT a classless piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if that "Mother's Day" story is true or if Garnett has since apologized? I just find it hard to believe that a seemingly "good natured" guy like Timmy could hate an opponent. As much as I love KG's game, I can unfortunately see him saying some s bag like that to throw off an opponent. He's said other allegedly questionable and disrespectful things in "the heat of the moment" to other oppoents as well. Although, since that supposed moment Garnett has done nothing but show admiration and love for Timmy as a rival/opponent.

We'll probably never find out the actual truth of the matter.
    Didn't he call Charlie V a cancer patient or something to that effect? That was cold man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he call Charlie V a cancer patient or something to that effect? That was cold man.
    Yes he did, back in 2010.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't a guarantee that Garnett will return for next season especially with how poor he looked/performed last season. He has even less left than Timmy and Kobe, yet those two (were smart enough to) already called it quits.
    I'd say Kobe was also not smart enough. I think he was good to get media attention and make a lot of money, but he was done years ago, if not for anything else but his injuries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this thread not closed and deleted? Nobody wants to see this anywhere near the first page, disrespectful as fuk

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That Tim would have rung last season.
    you could see he had little elevation even then but so clutch so effective.
    Everytime he had Blake on him it was like he could "see" right through him.
    What a mismatch Timmy with Blake defending in the post ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you could see he had little elevation even then but so clutch so effective.
    Everytime he had Blake on him it was like he could "see" right through him.
    What a mismatch Timmy with Blake defending in the post ...
    That series I could tell for sure how bad Tim wanted the repeat. It was his last great series and it was so shocking to see him so different against OKC bc he hardly had any other big help him against Blake and Deandre just a season b4. Tiago and Baynes were near unplayable and Diaw was just as undersized back then as he was against OKC in 2016. He was just more aggressive then, but Tim was the monster. That series was all Tim.

I can understand and accept his retirement. I even admire him bc he knew when it was time. In a way it's still bittersweet bc we now have some younger guys in the team that never played with him and he was a great teammate too. The leadership vacuum he left will be interesting to see how it gets filled. That's part of the themes for next season.

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even before the knee injury, he's basically been a good shot blocker and solid finisher at the rim, that's about it and it's been that way for quite a few seasons now.

His 4-down efficiency has been atrocious since about 2010. Last shining moments were game 6 against OKC in 2014 when he got lucky a couple times (first with a generous call, then with a lucky bounce) and game 5 at LAC in 2015 when he made some critical buckets. But in general, his points per possession/efficiency rating in isolation situations has not been good for a long time, and we all know how 4-down bogs down our offense and leads to droughts and shooters getting cold (it's been an eternity since he's commanded double teams).

He never had a consistent mid range jumper (besides that bank shot from the side that completely went down the toilet about 8 years ago) and nowadays can't hit anything from more than 10 feet out at the top of the circle. Thus, he's a liability in the pick and pop, though Aldridge was the savior there.

His defensive game is limited to post defense (less important against today's NBA offenses) and shot blocking right at the rim. He's horrible against the pick and roll and has been for at least 10 years, but he was a different level of atrocious in that aspect in the last 2-3 years. He's not like Kanter/Ibaka/Adams who can usually get back to his man in time or switch, so he's basically unplayable on defense against the Warriors.

And his free throws took a nosedive once again last year. Then again, that's rarely been one of his strong suits.

Basically, Pau is objectively an upgrade, if you can't see that I don't know what game you are watching. This 67-win team just doesn't need Duncan anymore on the court, would be nice if he went to the majority of the games and continued to support his team though because his leadership is his best asset.

If I were the Spurs I would consider paying him a few million per season (non player salary) just to go to 60 games per year plus all playoff games and sit by the Spurs bench -- seriously. The guys love him.
    you,

you taking got...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - current team is better than last season
    - no relation with of Duncan's retirement
    Agreed. And also this thread is disrespectful to Tim Duncan, his ability, and his accomplishments. I do think the team has been upgraded and Gasol at this point might have a little left in the tank than Timmy does, but let's not pretend for a second that Duncan retiring is addition by subtraction bc it's not.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ITT: short bus crew acting like imams on Muhammad/allah cartoon day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - current team is better than last season
    - no relation with of Duncan's retirement

-------------------------------------------------------------------

agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is an excellent mid range shooter, passer and defensive rebounder, who can still post up on occasion. If the Spurs plug him in place of Duncan in the starting lineup this could be the most talented Starting lineup for the spurs in a decade. He won't have as many shots but he could get high percentage looks simply by spacing the floor and having Aldridge and Leonard play along side him along with Parker who seems to play well with floor spacing bigs.

Defensively, Gasol isn't mobile but he isn't terrible at the rim and his length makes it difficult to shoot over him on post ups (not that many centers actually do that anymore) His biggest issue is going to be defending in space but I don't think that will make him a net negative at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Right there! Kudos and more power!

Nuttin' in these bitches philldafunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should try playing with him on 2K16, it's really sad.

Thread Information