Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let this thread die.
    Why? I think Garino has a good chance of making the team. Not a fan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? I think Garino has a good chance of making the team. Not a fan?
    Not a fan of this thread, Garino is from Argentina not Mexico.
    Everytime i look at this thread it reminds me of how ignorant some people are in here for confusing argentineans with mexicans.
    I can understand some people confusing Italian and Argentinean lastnames as they are similar sometimes. But this.
    Plus, you have to understand that it is an honor for us that an Argentinean player is continuing Manu´s Legacy on the Spurs, it is, to me, an insult in that matter.
    I now here the moderation is almost none, and that racist and phobic comments are said without consequence, yet i prefer to let my opinion on this matter be known.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everytime i look at this thread it reminds me of how ignorant some people are in here for confusing argentineans with mexicans.
    I can understand some people confusing Italian and Argentinean lastnames as they are similar sometimes. But this.
    Plus, you have to understand that it is an honor for us that an Argentinean player is continuing Manu´s Legacy on the Spurs, it is, to me, an insult in that matter.
    I now here the moderation is almost none, and that racist and phobic comments are said without consequence, yet i prefer to let my opinion on this matter be known.
    Oh well, you have to have a sense of humor to visit this site. Now just bc it bothers you ppl will bump it all the time that's how it goes. Lots of ignorance, phobia, racism, sexism, etc. Just ignore the heading and enjoy Garino. My best counsel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally church threads were made to highlight marginal players who needed a prayer to make the team. Garino fits this. But anyway, these threads are meant to be ironic. This one is ironic in the way you mentioned.

The bigger issue is that we don't need two threads for each player: one for signing the other a church thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally church threads were made to highlight marginal players who needed a prayer to make the team. Garino fits this. But anyway, these threads are meant to be ironic. This one is ironic in the way you mentioned.

The bigger issue is that we don't need two threads for each player: one for signing the other a church thread.
    Well church threads tend to last longer (years, even). I think they just end up being for general talk and link dumps. They're the main board analog to the "Current Spur" treads in the TT, but people actually use these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you should come sometime. We don't bite (hard).
    My wife and I spent 3+ weeks in the southern cone in January and February, 2014. After a couple of days in Rio, we went to Iguazú Falls, then B.A., then Bariloche, then Montivideo, Colonia, Punta del Este. We probably met more Argentinos in Punta than the rest of the trip combined. For the most part, we were treated very well. Argentines are not the definition of simpatico, but we were treated cordially by the great majority. We spent one day at Iguazu with a much younger couple from B.A. who were, indeed, muy simpatico. After another day at the falls, another young lady invited us to share mate with her. That was an honor and very gratifying. I actually acquired a taste for mate. We would definitely go back.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My wife and I spent 3+ weeks in the southern cone in January and February, 2014. After a couple of days in Rio, we went to Iguazú Falls, then B.A., then Bariloche, then Montivideo, Colonia, Punta del Este. We probably met more Argentinos in Punta than the rest of the trip combined. For the most part, we were treated very well. Argentines are not the definition of simpatico, but we were treated cordially by the great majority. We spent one day at Iguazu with a much younger couple from B.A. who were, indeed, muy simpatico. After another day at the falls, another young lady invited us to share mate with her. That was an honor and very gratifying. I actually acquired a taste for mate. We would definitely go back.
    Glad you enjoyed it

Uruguay is like an Argie province urunobili

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He must've tasted good enough to make you switch your preference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well church threads tend to last longer (years, even). I think they just end up being for general talk and link dumps. They're the main board analog to the "Current Spur" treads in the TT, but people actually use these.
    I prefer to spam Kyle's thread with everything I find interesting about him than make 10 threads a day about him. At least I keep it organized and don't spam the board with multiple threads. I thought that is why guys have temples to their honour... Guys who hate slowmo should not feel bothered, but somehow they find their way in there to spew anyways. lol

compared to that. I'll have a taco please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you enjoyed it

Uruguay is like an Argie province urunobili
    Yep. We're like Canada while Argentina would be more an equal of the US on every single subject but soccer in which we still have rang more times than daddy argie

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Pelton chat today:

Andres (Madrid)
    Did any players that you were not too familiar with stand out to you in the Olympics?

Kevin Pelton (3:23 PM)
    I wasn't necessarily unfamiliar with Facundo Campazzo, but this is the most impressed I've ever been by him. And staying on Argentina, oddly enough, Patricio Garino showed me a little more than I expected based on his college translations

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Garino's agent believes Garino won't make the roster after training camp, most likely he will end up in d-league.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A choripan/torta filled with carne asada n grilled onions , melted mozzarella with a salsa marinera tomato sauce or a jalapeno toreado. La manu torta! Wheres a tacos y burritos laprovitolla mexican restaurant thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A choripan/torta filled with carne asada n grilled onions , melted mozzarella with a salsa marinera tomato sauce or a jalapeno toreado. La manu torta! Wheres a tacos y burritos laprovitolla mexican restaurant thread?
    ¡Para loco que todavía es temprano y no aguantamos hasta la cena!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several interviews in Spanish by Garino. He's a very likeable interesting dude.

In parts of the interview he mentions how he started to commit to the defensive end when he realized he needed to be more impactful defensively if he wanted to attend a good university in the U.S. and how defense has been emphasized to him since an early stage bc he wasn't a greatly impactful offensive player. It really took a mental commitment to defense to improve, which he has now.
    He talks about what it was like to play with the Golden Generation in Argentina among other local Argentinean topics.

In the only part of the interview when he mentions the Spurs he states that his confidence is really high after the Olympic games but at the same time he will not be disappointed if he doesn't make the San Antonio Spurs NBA team because he's realistic and he's aware that his game is not currently at the NBA level. He will still be satisfied being assigned to Austin because he looks forward to learning and benefitting from the quality of their trainers. He also said that the Spurs as an organization really follow up on the development of their players, so no matter which one of the two teams he ends up playing in he will still benefit and continue to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several interviews in Spanish by Garino. He's a very likeable interesting dude.

In parts of the interview he mentions how he started to commit to the defensive end when he realized he needed to be more impactful defensively if he wanted to attend a good university in the U.S. and how defense has been emphasized to him since an early stage bc he wasn't a greatly impactful offensive player. It really took a mental commitment to defense to improve, which he has now.
    He talks about what it was like to play with the Golden Generation in Argentina among other local Argentinean topics.

In the only part of the interview when he mentions the Spurs he states that his confidence is really high after the Olympic games but at the same time he will not be disappointed if he doesn't make the San Antonio Spurs NBA team because he's realistic and he's aware that his game is not currently at the NBA level. He will still be satisfied being assigned to Austin because he looks forward to learning and benefitting from the quality of their trainers. He also said that the Spurs as an organization really follow up on the development of their players, so no matter which one of the two teams he ends up playing in he will still benefit and continue to improve.
    Appreciate ya

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Garino's agent came out and said he'd play in the dleague. I doubt things are that settled up ahead of training camp, but maybe he has been advised that is a very high probability:

Interview again is in Spanish. This is what his agent said:
    La casa segura de Patricio Garino en la órbita del básquet estadounidense será Austin Spurs, el equipo filial de San Antonio en la D-League (o Liga de Desarrollo), que geográficamente se ubica en la pequeña ciudad de Cedar Park (condado de Williamson, Texas), a 160 kilómetros de distancia de donde juega Manu Ginóbili.
    Así lo confirmó el representante del alero marplatense, Carlos Prunes, quien despejó las dudas: “Pato empezará la pretemporada con San Antonio pero el acuerdo que firmó es para jugar en la D-League durante su primera temporada. En cuanto a la segunda, la opción es de los Spurs, que si deciden tomar el contrato es para que se quede con ellos”, dijo.
    He basically signed a dleague contract where he will play during preseason in San Antonio but will then be assigned to their dleague team. The Spurs have the option of picking him up to play in the NBA team his second season, but it is a team option... its a rough translation, but I imagine there is a chance he could still make the team. The Spurs obligation though is limited to the dleague team assignment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand some people confusing Italian and Argentinean lastnames as they are similar sometimes.
    You're from Argentina, and you don't know that those "Argentinean" names you're talking about ARE ing Italian names?

This place is the way it is. And it was that way long before you ever showed up. Nobody needs your ing condescending comments about it.

Oh, and BTW - the Spurs have the best winning percentage of any team in any major professional sport for the last 20 years or so. So maybe it's an honor for YOU that they have three players from Argentina on the roster right now? You aren't the center of the basketball universe.

Seriously i don´t like this thread i find it particulary offensive because i don´t like mexicans.
    They are like the oposite of Argentineans, polite and backstabbing.
    So you're superior because of where you were born, and all Mexicans are alike? you and the s you rode in on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ That was rude. I will pretend that didn't happen.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ that's why I detest those big nose argies. Cut this ing Garbino scrub

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ is getting deported.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ ^ you coming too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're from Argentina, and you don't know that those "Argentinean" names you're talking about ARE ing Italian names?

This place is the way it is. And it was that way long before you ever showed up. Nobody needs your ing condescending comments about it.

Oh, and BTW - the Spurs have the best winning percentage of any team in any major professional sport for the last 20 years or so. So maybe it's an honor for YOU that they have three players from Argentina on the roster right now? You aren't the center of the basketball universe.

So you're superior because of where you were born, and all Mexicans are alike? you and the s you rode in on.
    Nope, i just didn´t like them, not liking someone doesn´t make you superior, that´s what the nazis used to think.

Thread Information