Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    EXPERTS vs fans.

What football fan hasn't heard of Jim Brown? What music lover hasn't heard of BB King?

The EXPERT can do this....

Jim Brown kicked extra points while at Syracuse, BB King's first hit record was a cover of Lowell Fulson's "3 0' Clock" blues, yep....depth.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's Eddie Mapp
    You had to Google that. Stop pretending you know anything about blues you ing hack.

Let the real expert talk.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The fun I have watching idiots acting stupid over anyone with some knowledge. They just can't deal with it, and its ing funny.

So who here can talk them Georgia blues? Who were the ladies that Blind Willie McTell recorded with? What Georgia player had only one leg? Who were the famous brothers? Who was the most famous blues artist from Georgia? What white cat performed in blackface?

There were about a dozen that ruled the Georgia blues scene way back when, who?

And, the very first country blues ever recorded by a lone male vocalist with guitar was from Georgia, who? He only recorded one record.

ONE MORE TIME

I own books BIG books on them blues and over 6000 blues CD's, ok?

A must have for anyone into them blues.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bill-Wymans-B.../dp/0789480468

https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Music-.../dp/0306807432

https://www.amazon.com/Country-Blues.../dp/0306800144

It's like everything else, ya need a text book.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-08-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Stop melting down, ruining this thread

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is a great place to learn things.

http://prewarblues.org/2007/10/im-still-sloppy-drunk/

It took me a long time to become the EXPERT ya see today. It will take time to read all those books, gather all that music. This is no quick fix. So ya must have a love for the music to put in that time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I'm learning things from the real expert here. Nobody needs any lame Google links from you.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The 10 blues cats that ya must listen to, yep...Essential.

Ma Rainey
    Bessie Smith
    Blind Lemon Jefferson
    Charley Patton....must be heard to be believed
    Memphis Minnie
    Robert Johnson
    Muddy Waters
    John Lee Hooker
    Howlin' Wolf
    Lightnin' Hopkins

Who is that....who ya gonna carry?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought about turning ya little s onto a Blues forum I post on where everybody there is an EXPERT like myself. Then I came to my senses, it would be....who let these idiots in?

A smart man learns what they can from us EXPERTS, idiots play the silly we see here.

SFS...Eddie Map played harmonica.
    Avante...ah....Eddie Mapp...ok?
    SFS...he and Curley Weaver were the Georgia Cotton Pickers.
    Avante....well actually there were more in that group than just those two.
    SFS
    Last edited by Avante; 03-08-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    we all agree that you're an expert in one area.

we do not want to hear the details.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gotta go, let me leave ya with one of most cheerful tunes in the blues, if this doesn't cheer ya up nothing will.

I'd like to thank the usual gang of little s for doing the usual...DUH.

See ya in a few days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    ^ cheated using Google

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Gotta go, let me leave ya with one of most cheerful tunes in the blues, if this doesn't cheer ya up nothing will.

I'd like to thank the usual gang of little s for doing the usual...DUH.

See ya in a few days.
    'sup Avante, you like Marcus King? Saw this, pretty good - you can really appreciate when artists sing outside studios

Got any good delta blues, btw?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great stuff Mitch. And a great example of how things are passed down, influenses. No doubts that kid knows them blues. And to take a piano classic and do what he did with guitar, excellent.

Rube Lacy only recorded one record in 1928, then he turned to the ministry. A few old blues cats did the same with Georgia Tom Dorsey the best example. Lacy would leave Mississippi for Bakersfield Cali, he died about 50 miles from where I;m sitting.

His "Mississippi Jailhouse Groan" is in my opinion the best example on record of Mississippi Delta blues. What a shame he recorded so little.

If ya wanna hear the origins of them Delta Blues here where ya start.

Tommy Johnson...Chris Thomas King*** played him in the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"
    Ishman Bracey
    Son House
    Willie Brown
    Bukka White
    Charley Patton....ya gotta hear this guy.

The great Robert Johnson didn't record until 1936. Muddy Waters in
    1941/42.

Lone male guitarist is them Delta blues. Yes there was Geechie Wiley, Mattie Delaney both guitar players, singers and even Lucille Johnson a piano player but when ya think...Delta blues.....it's that lone male guitarist.

*** in the movie we see Thomas singing..."Hard Time Killing Floor", that wasn't a Tommy Johnson song, it belongs to Skip James. While James always get stuck in the Delta he was actually from outside that region in Bentonia.

A true Mississippi classic.

Last edited by Avante; 03-09-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Chris Thomas Kings dad Tabby Thomas is a Louisiana blues cat and Chris knows them blues, I'm a bit surprised he was ok with trying to pass off Hard Time as a Tommy Johnson song, he knows it wasn't.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, SFS ya claimed to be a football EXPERT also.

Prove it, ok?

A true EXPERT would knock this out in seconds, so how come you will tap dance all around it and never answer anything?

WHO?

1. I never played college football, I went straight from HS to the pros...WHO?

2. I started my pro football career as a QB, would end up a 1000 yard receiver....WHO?

3. I was a college QB, my rookie pro football season I gained over a 1000 yards as a RB?

4. I once broke a USA president to be leg in a football game....WHO?

5. When Bullet Bob Hayes was in the NFL, there were two other players also there who had beat him at 200m....WHO?

Dude, show us something, anything...can you?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I;m gonna toss this out to everyone. (use a player who played most his career for a team, Moss a Vike)

The All Time best offense for the divisions?

Example

AFC East

QB...Tom Brady Pats
    RB...O.J.Simpson Bills
    RB...Curtis Martin Jets
    WR...Don Maynard Jets
    WR...Andre Reed Bills
    TE...GRONK...Pats

So how about the other seven divisions?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Great stuff Mitch. And a great example of how things are passed down, influenses. No doubts that kid knows them blues. And to take a piano classic and do what he did with guitar, excellent.

Rube Lacy only recorded one record in 1928, then he turned to the ministry. A few old blues cats did the same with Georgia Tom Dorsey the best example. Lacy would leave Mississippi for Bakersfield Cali, he died about 50 miles from where I;m sitting.

His "Mississippi Jailhouse Groan" is in my opinion the best example on record of Mississippi Delta blues. What a shame he recorded so little.

If ya wanna hear the origins of them Delta Blues here where ya start.

Tommy Johnson...Chris Thomas King*** played him in the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"
    Ishman Bracey
    Son House
    Willie Brown
    Bukka White
    Charley Patton....ya gotta hear this guy.

The great Robert Johnson didn't record until 1936. Muddy Waters in
    1941/42.

Lone male guitarist is them Delta blues. Yes there was Geechie Wiley, Mattie Delaney both guitar players, singers and even Lucille Johnson a piano player but when ya think...Delta blues.....it's that lone male guitarist.

*** in the movie we see Thomas singing..."Hard Time Killing Floor", that wasn't a Tommy Johnson song, it belongs to Skip James. While James always get stuck in the Delta he was actually from outside that region in Bentonia.

A true Mississippi classic.

Thanks, Avante

I'll get some listening in, I've been looking for blues lately - my taste of the music at the moment is leaning on blues, jazz, folk. Was just settling down with my classic rock cravings

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks, Avante

I'll get some listening in, I've been looking for blues lately - my taste of the music at the moment is leaning on blues, jazz, folk. Was just settling down with my classic rock cravings
    Cool~~~

You talking the old stuff? If ya are....

Jazz

Louis Armstrong
    Jellyroll Morton
    Billie Holliday

Folk

Woody Guthrie
    Pete Seegar

Any of those blues cats mentioned above.

What's your take on those black vocal groups from the 50's early 60's? Ya know...Drifters, Platters, Coasters, Flamingos etc?

How about this? The Paul Butterfield Blues Band does a great cover.

Mood

Last edited by Avante; 03-09-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cool~~~

You talking the old stuff? If ya are....

Jazz

Louis Armstrong
    Jellyroll Morton
    Billie Holliday

Folk

Woody Guthrie
    Pete Seegar

Any of those blues cats mentioned above.

What's your take on those black vocal groups from the 50's early 60's? Ya know...Drifters, Platters, Coasters, Flamingos etc?

How about this? The Paul Butterfield Blues Band does a great cover.

Mood

Always a fan of Jazz, haven't listened to too much Morton but I know Holliday and Armstrong pretty well

I'm a fan of the black vocal groups of the time, The Ink Spots were great and the Drifters had some amazing music - I loved their Stand by Me version. Of course you gotta appreciate the female counterpart, they had that soul and at ude.

Digging around some more, starting to really like Robert Johnson

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mitch

For years and years blues scholars couldn't figure out how Johnson making the cords he was. Then that picture we see in video answered the question. Lok at his hands and those fingers. yep, abnormal.

In my opinion Robert Johnson is "DA MAN" when it comes to the blues,not just prewar. His combination of guitar, vocals and lyrics as good as it gets. Funny thing is, during his life he was just another wandering blues singer. nothing special.

My fav Robert Johnson.

Jellyroll Morton my fav jazz cat.

You ever heard Billie Hollidays "Strange Friut"?

Mi favorite black vocal groups song.

Last edited by Avante; 03-09-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oh yeah, Strange Fruit is an iconic song. It painted a very bleak picture of the time, back when the klansmen were stringing up blacks and bystandars thought it was just another day. Photographs go far to capture those years of hopelessness, but Holliday went beyond with that.

Johnson sure was a prodigy, you can tell he lived his music instead of many artists today simply singing it. Those fingers were something else as well, people still try to mimic him.

I'm liking what I hear of Morton so far, Flamingos are great

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    love is in the air

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh yeah, Strange Fruit is an iconic song. It painted a very bleak picture of the time, back when the klansmen were stringing up blacks and bystandars thought it was just another day. Photographs go far to capture those years of hopelessness, but Holliday went beyond with that.

Johnson sure was a prodigy, you can tell he lived his music instead of many artists today simply singing it. Those fingers were something else as well, people still try to mimic him.

I'm liking what I hear of Morton so far, Flamingos are great
    Terraplane Blues is Johnson most important song, his signature tune.

Yep, his fingers could reach places on a guitar neck the average guitar player couldn't.

"Strange Fruit" one of the true classics in American music. Holliday totally nails it.

What's your take on this Barbara Lewis masterpiece (telling you what I think about it)

Last edited by Avante; 03-10-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    love is in the air
    Let's let it blossom. If it keeps Avante in here and not ing up everything else, then I'll consider this thread a success.

I will say that for anyone quoting Avante, please fact check first. He's made several mistakes in the past.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let's let it blossom. If it keeps Avante in here and not ing up everything else, then I'll consider this thread a success.

I will say that for anyone quoting Avante, please fact check first. He's made several mistakes in the past.
    So ya saw that your I'm an EXPERT went to , right? You see how a real EXPERT acts and the knowledge and now feel stupid. And, I never ever make mistakes, so show me one, would love to see it. Why lie?

Stupid, I own a massive amount of music and books, ok? So why ya act re ed over this...?

Dude, how come ya never answer anything asked of you, oh yeah.....ya can't.

You don't know guy and we all see it. Eddie Map?????

Thread Information