Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh since I beat blood and wine idk what to do now I don't start my new job til the 22nd and since the wife is going to visit family for a couple weeks I need something to keep me occupied when there's nothing else to do. problem is, wtf do i play? I red box'd Far Cry Primal but I got bored pretty fast, it's just FC4 but with spears imo.

Any suggestions? doesnt necessarily have to be new either. and keep in mind i only have an xpoor one and poorstation 4

Already beat stuff like Fallout 4, GTAV, bloodborne, doom, uncharted 4, dying light, and the tomb raiders. probably some other stuff im forgetting. but yeah any recommendations are appreciated*

*unless its some gay like ratchet and clank or pokemon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    skip Mortal Kombat X, fancy graphics and nothing else, tbh...

One game that got mixed reviews was Just Cause 3, but I haven't played it (although I'm a big fan of Just Cause 2). Might be worth redboxing and checking it out.

A not AAA game that got pretty good reviews is Furi (furigame.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had rented just cause 3 awhile back and while it had some cool features it didn't really draw me in. seemed like ot was more geared towards the action imo. I enjoy story driven games a lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pokemon go. I'm being serious. Stop acting manly and start playing a phenom you will never ever see once it starts declining.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you haven't played Dragon Age Inquisition, it's pretty awesome. It's no Witcher 3, but it was easily my favorite game of 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have Dragon age. I played it for like 20 hours and lost interest. I felt it moved really slowly but maybe ill try again.

I decided to try out dishonored. hope it doesn't suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you haven't played Dragon Age Inquisition, it's pretty awesome. It's no Witcher 3, but it was easily my favorite game of 2014.
    Invested 72 hours on DAI..wanted to play more but was pissed at losing cassandra a nd the elf guy. Had no idea tyou cant use them after the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have Dragon age. I played it for like 20 hours and lost interest. I felt it moved really slowly but maybe ill try again.

If you wasted time ing around in the hinterlands instead of getting on with the game I can see that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure I got past that but maybe ill give it another shot since most of the tech posters have solid taste in games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a tough one.. but after much thought I'm going Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando in a landslide victory over Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal..

Honorable Mention: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    skip Mortal Kombat X, fancy graphics and nothing else, tbh...
    You're crazy.. The gameplay is deep as , a ton of these "pro" players are choosing it over SF V compe ively

OP, if you haven't tried Splinter Cell: Blacklist, that would be one to try if you like stealth and spy with gadgets, etc.. Story line is actually not bad for a game either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're crazy.. The gameplay is deep as , a ton of these "pro" players are choosing it over SF V compe ively

OP, if you haven't tried Splinter Cell: Blacklist, that would be one to try if you like stealth and spy with gadgets, etc.. Story line is actually not bad for a game either.
    You're talking hardcore guys, tbh, I suspect if Lee was a hardcore too, he would have it already. I always loved MK, tbh, and I didn't dislike this one, but there's a lot more comboing, counters and , which I think takes away from the game for casual gamers.

IOW, I can see hardcore fighting guys loving that , but for your day to day player, I don't think it's necessarily a plus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you played any of the Telltales games?

If storytelling is your thing and you could care less about graphics, then try their Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Bordelands games.

They're also working on a Batman game. First episode drops in a few days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Amazing game.

It depends on how you play it. Game is supposed to be played stealthily. It's more rewarding killing or taking them out via non lethal means when they dont see it coming.

First time I played it I killed everything in sight alerting everyone and had a ty time enjoying it because the enemies were unrelenting. Played it a second time being more careful and I breezed through the game. I felt good as beating it like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing game.

It depends on how you play it. Game is supposed to be played stealthily. It's more rewarding killing or taking them out via non lethal means when they dont see it coming.

First time I played it I killed everything in sight alerting everyone and had a ty time enjoying it because the enemies were unrelenting. Played it a second time being more careful and I breezed through the game. I felt good as beating it like that.
    Wow I never heard of that game, but it looks pretty ing sweet on the ign review. I'll definitely check that , the art style looks really cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you played any of the Telltales games?

If storytelling is your thing and you could care less about graphics, then try their Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Bordelands games.

They're also working on a Batman game. First episode drops in a few days.

I've heard good things about walking dead I may have to check that out

Dishonored is pretty fun so far. steathily ing people u is always fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a tough one.. but after much thought I'm going Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando in a landslide victory over Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal..

Honorable Mention: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

that splinter cell game looks pretty cool. may look at that one next also.

I have MK X but tbh unless I have friends over theres no real point in playing it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard good things about walking dead I may have to check that out

Dishonored is pretty fun so far. steathily ing people u is always fun
    Wow you can do stealth rape? I'm definitely getting this game then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recommend both Splinter Cell and Dishonored if you haven't played them. They're a bit oldish, but they're good fun

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that splinter cell game looks pretty cool. may look at that one next also.

I have MK X but tbh unless I have friends over theres no real point in playing it
    if you like rpgs where you can do what you want then you'll not be a fan of telltale games. They're basically moving picture books, walk.....point.....cutscene.....repeat. After playing the walking dead i couldn't figure out what the fuss was it was boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you like rpgs where you can do what you want then you'll not be a fan of telltale games. They're basically moving picture books, walk.....point.....cutscene.....repeat. After playing the walking dead i couldn't figure out what the fuss was it was boring.
    Eh... I like RPGs first and foremost, but I also enjoy Telltale games (and stuff like Until Dawn). It's just a different experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're talking hardcore guys, tbh, I suspect if Lee was a hardcore too, he would have it already. I always loved MK, tbh, and I didn't dislike this one, but there's a lot more comboing, counters and , which I think takes away from the game for casual gamers.

IOW, I can see hardcore fighting guys loving that , but for your day to day player, I don't think it's necessarily a plus.
    well Mortal Kombat has like 8 moves total, stick to that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you comparing RPG full fleshed games to story driven episodic games?

Makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well Mortal Kombat has like 8 moves total, stick to that
    That " " made more money MKX will ever make, tbh... Today's videogames

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Playing Dishonored now based on this thread...pretty good game. Also installed and played a bit of Watchdogs.

Thread Information