Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm loving Lee's competence at both ends, but most of all his edge - he always played hard, but he's definitely been instructed to be the hard-fouling at udinal mofo for this team and it fits him. Under-rated get for the front office of a guy who I thought might be on his way to China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVLee.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to have a rich man's version of a hustle big; Lee is more talented than most who play that role.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm loving Lee's competence at both ends, but most of all his edge - he always played hard, but he's definitely been instructed to be the hard-fouling at udinal mofo for this team and it fits him. Under-rated get for the front office of a guy who I thought might be on his way to China.
    His at ude reminds me somewhat of Laimbeer, just wanting to start .

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He's actually ready to play when called upon unlike Diaw 1.0:

Hopefully, Pop uses the big man rotation just like when Tiago/Tim were starting together & Diaw/Baynes were coming off the bench where he would have Tiago sub out early so he could anchor the second unit.

-Lee: Diaw
    -Dedmon: Baynes

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People expecting Lee to be good on defense or even better than West was last year in the regular season will be disappointed.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it the same posters in the wrong side of everything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Lee may not be a great defender but the dude is compe ive, plays with passion and hustles. I don't mind seeing him on the court at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Lee may not be a great defender but the dude is compe ive, plays with passion and hustles. I don't mind seeing him on the court at all.
    Also, his passing is very underrated.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, his passing is very underrated.
    Lee was awesome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the bump here? Lee has been great but not on defense. Certainly not better on defense than West in the regular season last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love watching him play; rolls hard, runs the floor with purpose, can finish with either hand and is an excellent passer and solid on the glass. his chemistry with Aldridge seems to be better than Pau and LMA's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to have a rich man's version of a hustle big; Lee is more talented than most who play that role.
    I've said this before but for the way he hustles, he is more skilled than most other big's play that role

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said "good on defense" or "better than west defense" well he surely has been good on defense so far.

Please go move the goalpost got.

How many times do i got to prove you wrong before I get MOD privileges. ?
    Last edited by dabom; 01-22-2017 at 01:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has not been good on defense though. It's not like he's been a net negative or anything but he has not been good on defense.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has not been good on defense though. It's not like he's been a net negative or anything but he has not been good on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep. Last night, with 13.4 seconds left in regulation, and the game tied, Pop subs uted Simmons and Kyle for Lee and Mills - for defense.

I know there are a half dozen or so people here who know everything better than everybody. But when Pop needed a stop, he replaced Lee with Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Last night, with 13.4 seconds left in regulation, and the game tied, Pop subs uted Simmons and Kyle for Lee and Mills - for defense.

I know there are a half dozen or so people here who know everything better than everybody. But when Pop needed a stop, he replaced Lee with Simmons.

There, I did it for you. Not that you're predictable or anything.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Being good on defense doesn't mean they are better than their other teammates, got. Theory debunked.

Lee is a tremendous rebounder. Already making him a good defender. I can keep going, but I don't debate with gots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've gone full dummy. It's reached pity levels now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee is a tremendous rebounder. Already making him a good defender.

Even for you, that's dumb. You little over-achiever you.

If you can't defend... if you can't force missed shots... there aren't any rebounds to pull down. So, no, Shortbus - being a good rebounder is not the same thing as being a good defender.

You've gone full dummy. It's reached pity levels now
    What he said.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even for you, that's dumb. You little over-achiever you.

If you can't defend... if you can't force missed shots... there aren't any rebounds to pull down. So, no, Shortbus - being a good rebounder is not the same thing as being a good defender.

What he said.
    Getting rebounds is part of defense you stupid s.

I'm done.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    My point was that he isn't as terrible a defender as folks make it seem, he is basically what Diaw 1.0 was last season on defense aside from rebounding.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That was a special situation, obv; Lee and Simmons don't play the same position. But Pop did the same with Duncan at the end of game 6 in 2013. It's more about being able to switch everything on the perimeter so lateral mobility is king.

Thread Information