Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    It seems like they will include the short passing game more often. Makes sense given his penchant for turnovers, and lower completion percentage. I like Luck, and hope he succeeds. They've certainly given him the tools on offense, that aerial game should be working this year. Addressed the O-Line as well.

It's a team game the Colts have a terrible offensive line no running back and also a terrible defense.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    If he gets exposed, ill gladly admit that i was too high on him. I just don't see it happening. You make some good points though. And i get the feeling that Luck is about to make me look foolish with my criticisms.

Good CN. Unlike others, you can back up your takes.
    He's not backing up anything. He's playing strawman and stating only half the facts. He can pull up all the analytics he wants, but stats have context. If stats meant everything, Russell Wilson, Alex Smith among others would be the greatest QB's in history. He actually sounds really foolish and naive... basically doing damage control for the ty threads that I (to stop him from killing himself) haven't bumped.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    If he gets exposed, ill gladly admit that i was too high on him. I just don't see it happening. You make some good points though. And i get the feeling that Luck is about to make me look foolish with my criticisms.

Good CN. Unlike others, you can back up your takes.

Post Count
    He's not backing up anything. He's playing strawman and stating only half the facts. He can pull up all the analytics he wants, but stats have context. If stats meant everything, Russell Wilson, Alex Smith among others would be the greatest QB's in history. He actually sounds really foolish and naive... basically doing damage control for the ty threads that I (to stop him from killing himself) haven't bumped.
    Stats do have context. The context that benefited from a stacked team and the league's easiest schedule applies to his stats last year.

I've consistently backed up my criticisms of him for years with facts and stats. Your responses have been either delusional (comparing him to Warren Moon and Joe Montana) or lame excuses (blaming injuries with one of the league's healthiest teams).

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    still having OL issues

Post Count
    That's the one thing I never understood about the Luck haters - they always acted like Luck had some stacked team and he failed. He has his short comings for sure, but his team and o-line has been really, really bad and still is.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    White media starting to turn on Andrew Tannyhill

While it's true that his offensive line, run game, defense and organization as a whole has been an embarrassment without Manning, Luck is certainly the most overrated QB in recent memory(along with Wilson)..

Post Count
    Meanwhile, when Struggle Wilson or Scam Newton lose a game, "white media" starts playing the race card and throwing coaches and teammates under the bus. If the media is so racist, why does Struggle keep getting a free pass? The Seahawks' offense just keeps getting worse the more they rely on him. It now looks like the '92 Seahawks with Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer and Stan Gelbaugh under center.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, when Struggle Wilson or Scam Newton lose a game, "white media" starts playing the race card and throwing coaches and teammates under the bus. If the media is so racist, why does Struggle keep getting a free pass? The Seahawks' offense just keeps getting worse the more they rely on him. It now looks like the '92 Seahawks with Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer and Stan Gelbaugh under center.
    ... when has the media played the race card to defend wilson after a loss. lets take today. the seahawks last to the rams (as usual). show me the media playing the race card to defend wilson today

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    WEEK TWO PEOPLE, WEEK TWO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But, here it is Andrew Lucks fifth season so he has had time, so why is he STILL losing games with INTs/fumbles? As of right now he wouldn't make a zit on the butt of Russell Wilson and all the numbers prove that. And, he is no Cam Newton either.

Wilson has a career 101.2 QB rating, Luck has a 85.7.

Wilson 107/35 td/int, Luck 105/55

Try and find any HOF/legendary QB with three times more TD;s that INT's, good luck~

Tom Brady's first 4 seasons of starting 92/52.

Wow~~~ Peyton Manning 111/...................................89~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Brett Favre 110/64

Dan Marino 142/67

Drew Brees 79/53

Big Ben 84/54

Russell Wilson is unique with three times as many TD's an INT's.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-19-2016 at 04:17 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Speaking of the white media.

Look at what is coming to the NFL out of the NCAA. There will come a time soon when half the NFL will have black QB's. The days of standing tall in the pocket are coming to an end, in todays game you better be able to evade tacklers, have some running ability.

Very few white QB;s can do this.

Guess where he is headed, how about Texas A&M? Yep, the next Johnny Football.(on the field) and he has more speed.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-19-2016 at 05:14 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ^ Martell is committed to Ohio State now.

Post Count
    ... when has the media played the race card to defend wilson after a loss.
    After the Seahawks lost to the Rams and fell to 3-3 two seasons ago, Media invented the fake controversy about Struggle not being "black enough" for his team's locker room. That gave them an excuse to spend the next week crying about the "racism" that black quarterbacks face in a league where 68% of the players are black. That way, they didn't have to spend any time discussing how the team was underachieving under Struggle's "leadership," including losses to ty Chargers and Rams teams that would go on to miss the playoffs.

They pull the same with Scam Newton, too. All last season, Media's top storyline was that any criticism of his behavior during games was racist. After the Super Bowl, they spent more time worrying about what idiots were saying about Scam on Twitter than about how their new golden boy choked, quit on his team and threw a childish temper tantrum after losing. This year, when Scam (to his credit) pointed out that it isn't actually racist to criticize him, Media had a coronary and started begging everyone not to listen to him.

Meanwhile, when Luck has one game where he can't carry his atrocious coaching staff and deadweight supporting cast on his back all by himself, Media starts parsing every word from his postgame press conference and bashing him for... complimenting the other team on the plays they made? Pointing out that his receivers didn't win their matchups? I'm not really sure what Doyel's problem is, tbh. But when Scam Newton costs his team the Super Bowl by refusing to dive on a fumble, then makes a big show of flopping to the ground and writhing in agony on the sidelines, it's somehow "racist" to call him a quitter and a sore loser.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    After the Seahawks lost to the Rams and fell to 3-3 two seasons ago, Media invented the fake controversy about Struggle not being "black enough" for his team's locker room. That gave them an excuse to spend the next week crying about the "racism" that black quarterbacks face in a league where 68% of the players are black. That way, they didn't have to spend any time discussing how the team was underachieving under Struggle's "leadership," including losses to ty Chargers and Rams teams that would go on to miss the playoffs.

They pull the same with Scam Newton, too. All last season, Media's top storyline was that any criticism of his behavior during games was racist. After the Super Bowl, they spent more time worrying about what idiots were saying about Scam on Twitter than about how their new golden boy choked, quit on his team and threw a childish temper tantrum after losing. This year, when Scam (to his credit) pointed out that it isn't actually racist to criticize him, Media had a coronary and started begging everyone not to listen to him.

Meanwhile, when Luck has one game where he can't carry his atrocious coaching staff and deadweight supporting cast on his back all by himself, Media starts parsing every word from his postgame press conference and bashing him for... complimenting the other team on the plays they made? Pointing out that his receivers didn't win their matchups? I'm not really sure what Doyel's problem is, tbh. But when Scam Newton costs his team the Super Bowl by refusing to dive on a fumble, then makes a big show of flopping to the ground and writhing in agony on the sidelines, it's somehow "racist" to call him a quitter and a sore loser.
    translation

RW and Cam Newton play in SB's, Andrew Lock throws INT's.

Post Count
    translation

RW and Cam Newton play in SB's, Andrew Lock throws INT's.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Do you have any idea how many INT's Luck has thrown?

Post Count
    Sure looks like just benefitted from a cupcake schedule last season. He's still the same old Newton, overrated and overpaid.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    still can't believe they didn't run the ball

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sure looks like just benefitted from a cupcake schedule last season. He's still the same old Newton, overrated and overpaid.
    Is this little guy for real?

THREE WEEKS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a rookie, wow~~~~

2013, the Panthers start off 1-3, end up 12-4.

2008, the Bills are red hot at 4-0, they end up......7-9.

2009 the Broncos are cooking at 6-0, they ended up 8-8.

2013 the Texans are 2-1, they end up 2-14.

Come on guy bone up on this stuff, ok rookie?

2011, the Buc's are smokin' at 3-1, end up....4-12.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-26-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Post Count
    The Falcons rushed 5 all game and exposed 's utter inability to play under pressure. 's passer rating dropped more than 40 points on average under pressure. If he didn't get the luxury of frolicking through a cupcake schedule last year, he'd have been exposed bigtime.
    The reality is, Newton padded his stats against nobodies last year on a stacked team, and he still got exposed under pressure against Atlanta and Denver.
    As I've mentioned throughout this thread, $cam can't handle pressure. And the experts agree with me:

The reigning MVP ranks just 25th in opponent-adjusted QBR this season at 51.3; last year, he was 12th in the same category. Some of that owes to the fact that he has been pressured more frequently, which is obvious in watching Cam play. In 2015, Newton was sacked on 5.9 percent of his dropbacks and pressured 27.0 percent of the time, which ranked 19th and 16th in the league, respectively.

Through the first four games this year, Newton has been sacked on 7.6 percent of his dropbacks and hit 28.7 percent of the time, which has him 30th and 27th in those same categories.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/barnwellx161003/the-denver-broncos-cruising-carolina-panthers-struggling-long-super-bowl-50-nfl

Cam Newton is now 0-2 over his last two visits to the Georgia Dome, with an inaccurate display that suggested all was not right with the Panthers' quarterback. Outside of one laser to beat CB Desmond Trufant's tight coverage for a touchdown, Newton failed to challenge the Falcons' coverage units, looking particularly rattled when pressured. Under pressure, he completed just two passes on seven attempts with one sack.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-car-atl-grade/

Six seasons into his career, I think it's safe to say $cam is what he is: an athleticism-only player, a game manager at best, who wilts under pressure and can't beat teams with his brain and his arm. If Luck was on the Panthers instead of $cam, they'd be going for the repeat right now.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Luck was on a far better team his rookie season than what Newton was on in his. Luck had a 54 1 comp %, Newton at 60.0. Luck had a passer rating at 76.5, Newton at 84.5.

Want more?

Post Count
    Luck was on a far better team his rookie season than what Newton was on in his.
    This myth was already addressed earlier in the thread, fatty:

"Playoff powerhouse" . You literally have no idea what you are talking about. Luck took over a 2-14 team as well. The "playoff powerhouse" you refer to was completely gutted before Luck got there. The only remaining Colts from Mannings 2010 team that were around in 2012 were Mathis, Freeney, Punter Pat Mcafee, Adam Vinateri and Reggie Wayne. Even the GM and coaching staff was replaced. When Andrew took over he had a rookie at every skill position on offense except for WR1.
    Reggie Wayne was on the decline when Luck got there. By late 2013 he was pretty much done.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This myth was already addressed earlier in the thread, fatty:
    What myth? What had the Panthers done in 2009/2010/2011, try 16 wins. Wanna compare that to the Colts?

Might wanna check out the career of Reggie Wayne, what decline?

Thread Information