Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The myth that Luck had a better team around him than , fatass. The Colts went 2-14 the year before they drafted Luck. Only a handful of players were left from the Manning teams by the time Luck showed up, and even that's counting the kicker and punter. He was surrounded by rookies all over the field at the skill positions. In contrast, $cam walked into a team that already had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross, Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson, Chris Gamble, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Thomas Davis, and Jon Beason (though the last two ended up getting injured).

And despite all that talent around Newton, he only won four more games than Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike and Brian St. Pierre did the previous season. The Panthers didn't start turning it around for real until they drafted Luke Kuechly and Josh Norman the following year.

Meanwhile, Luck dragged his tier supporting cast to 11 wins and a playoff spot immediately. You can't even use the division excuse, because both Luck and had a double-digit-win divisional rival to contend with that year (the Texans and the Falcons respectively).

Post Count
    As for Reggie Wayne, his last All-Pro season was two years before Luck arrived. He was 34 years old in Luck's first season. The following year, he tore his ACL, and that was pretty much it for his career. He tried to come back, but he was never the same. He's retired now.

Dwight Freeney's last All-Pro season was 2009. By Luck's rookie year, he was so washed-up that he had to switch positions and then got cut after the season.

Mathis was the only skill player left over from the Peyton years that kept playing at an elite level during the Luck years. And even he's starting to fall off now.

Meanwhile, the Colts have completely failed to build a new supporting cast around Luck. His O-line has gone from bad to abysmal. They still don't have a running game. Their defense is as soft as it's ever been. T.Y. Hilton is a beast, and Vinatieri is aging like fine wine, but that's about it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The myth that Luck had a better team around him than , fatass. The Colts went 2-14 the year before they drafted Luck. Only a handful of players were left from the Manning teams by the time Luck showed up, and even that's counting the kicker and punter. He was surrounded by rookies all over the field at the skill positions. In contrast, $cam walked into a team that already had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross, Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson, Chris Gamble, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Thomas Davis, and Jon Beason (though the last two ended up getting injured).

Are you for real?

How many wins did the Panthers have the year before Newton was drafted, try....2-14.

And, ya might recheck the career of Reggie Wayne.

Sorry but all yoiur BS just won't work, Andrew Luck is a turnover machine....ok?

And despite all that talent around Newton, he only won four more games than Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike and Brian St. Pierre did the previous season. The Panthers didn't start turning it around for real until they drafted Luke Kuechly and Josh Norman the following year.

Meanwhile, Luck dragged his tier supporting cast to 11 wins and a playoff spot immediately. You can't even use the division excuse, because both Luck and had a double-digit-win divisional rival to contend with that year (the Texans and the Falcons respectively).
    Are you for real?

How many wins did the Panthers have the year before Newton was drafted, try....2-14.

And, ya might recheck the career of Reggie Wayne.

Sorry but all your BS just won't work, Andrew Luck is a turnover machine....ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As for Reggie Wayne, his last All-Pro season was two years before Luck arrived. He was 34 years old in Luck's first season. The following year, he tore his ACL, and that was pretty much it for his career. He tried to come back, but he was never the same. He's retired now.

Dwight Freeney's last All-Pro season was 2009. By Luck's rookie year, he was so washed-up that he had to switch positions and then got cut after the season.

Mathis was the only skill player left over from the Peyton years that kept playing at an elite level during the Luck years. And even he's starting to fall off now.

Meanwhile, the Colts have completely failed to build a new supporting cast around Luck. His O-line has gone from bad to abysmal. They still don't have a running game. Their defense is as soft as it's ever been. T.Y. Hilton is a beast, and Vinatieri is aging like fine wine, but that's about it.
    I'll be damn, I knew ya could do it, not one... got....anywhere there, WOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    Are you for real?

I already addressed that, wide-load. They both walked into 2-14 teams, but 's team had way more talent than Luck's. All he had to do was be better than Tony Pike or Jimmy Clausen and they'd win more games. Yet it was Luck who made the playoffs right off the bat, despite not having a long list of Pro Bowlers and superstars on both sides of the ball.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    So Luck's team is the reason he has thrown 12 interceptions in 6 career playoff games? lol

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    rich man's bortles tbh

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    rich man's bortles tbh
    yep

Post Count
    Luck throws the ball a lot more than Cam. More passes = more chances to throw picks. If you look at the stats, you'll often see franchise QBs like Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Fivehead and Eli high on the interception list. It doesn't mean they suck, it's a product of being asked to win games with their arm and testing defenses more.

The type of people who complain about Luck's picks must think Alex Smith is the ideal quarterback. A complete pussy who's conservative to a fault, is afraid of throwing even to open receivers, but at least he doesn't throw too many picks!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Luck throws the ball a lot more than Cam. More passes = more chances to throw picks. If you look at the stats, you'll often see franchise QBs like Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Fivehead and Eli high on the interception list. It doesn't mean they suck, it's a product of being asked to win games with their arm and testing defenses more.

The type of people who complain about Luck's picks must think Alex Smith is the ideal quarterback. A complete pussy who's conservative to a fault, is afraid of throwing even to open receivers, but at least he doesn't throw too many picks!
    its not just about the number of picks, its the INT%... luck is pretty high iirc. rodgers, brady, wilson have low int% numbers, especially compared to luck

and for somebody who es over flacco because of det postseason run, i dont see you criticizing luck for his abysmal postseason INT numbers

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    its not just about the number of picks, its the INT%... luck is pretty high iirc. rodgers, brady, wilson have low int% numbers, especially compared to luck

and for somebody who es over flacco because of det postseason run, i dont see you criticizing luck for his abysmal postseason INT numbers
    Luck also has 58 interceptions in 59 career games, that's WITH playing in the ty AFC south.

Post Count
    rodgers doesn't throw a lot of picks
    Rodgers is also a freak of nature.

and its not just about the number of picks, its the INT%... luck is pretty high iirc
    And you'll typically see the quarterbacks I mentioned high up on that list too.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Have you actually took the time and did any homework on that? You are saying Luck is no different tha those you mentioned when it comes to INTs.....right?

Post Count
    It's also pretty ironic that people are using the interception card against Luck now, when Cam has thrown more picks with a higher INT% than Luck so far this year. And that's despite him throwing less times than Luck.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Luck is 17-3 against the AFC south and has 36 Touchdowns against everyone in the division. Outside the AFC south, he is 19-20 against everyone outside the division. Really an average QB at best.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    STOP IT~~~~~~~~~~~~

CN, ya have to stop doing this man, ok? Dude.....4 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ya do it all the time, little man don't you get this at all? GIVE THINGS SOME TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My God ya little , talk about being a rookie, that's it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Luck is 17-3 against the AFC south and has 36 Touchdowns against everyone in the division. Outside the AFC south, he is 19-20 against everyone outside the division. Really an average QB at best.
    BINGO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It's also pretty ironic that people are using the interception card against Luck now, when Cam has thrown more picks with a higher INT% than Luck so far this year. And that's despite him throwing less times than Luck.
    what if i'm criticizing both?

insert morpheus meme

Post Count
    Cam had a losing record outside of the NFC South before last year. Now that Team Leader Norman is gone, Cam is already 1-2 outside his division, with the one win coming against a tanking Niners team. Guess he's an average QB too.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Cam had a losing record outside of the NFC South before last year. Now that Team Leader Norman is gone, Cam is already 1-2 outside his division, with the one win coming against a tanking Niners team. Guess he's an average QB too.
    Except Cam is not overrated to the point where Luck was called the next Joe Montana coming out of college. I don't give a damn what stats you pull...Luck was called a future hall of famer before he even played a snap.

Post Count
    Except Cam is not overrated to the point where Luck was called the next Joe Montana coming out of college.
    He was just gifted an MVP because of his defense and weak schedule.

I don't give a damn what stats you pull...Luck was called a future hall of famer before he even played a snap.
    $cam was being compared to Big Ben and Flacco before ever seeing the field. He started being compared to Peyton Manning during his rookie season. He has absolutely been overhyped from Day 1.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    If his schedule was so weak, then why has there only been seven teams that went 15-1 all time? Such a joke.

Curb-stomped the Seahawks twice, Green Bay, absolutely destroyed Cardinals, beat the second ranked defense in the Texans, fourth ranked defense in Seattle, and the fifth ranked defense in Arizona.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He was just gifted an MVP because of his defense and weak schedule.

$cam was being compared to Big Ben and Flacco before ever seeing the field. He started being compared to Peyton Manning during his rookie season. He has absolutely been overhyped from Day 1.
    He was...just gifted...???

See how tiny that is amigo?

His running/passing combo was outstanding, that was why he won the MVP, ok?

Post Count
    The Seahawks and Packers both fell off from the last few years and didn't even win their divisions. The Texans were rolling out Hoyer and Mallett at QB. When those are your marquee wins, that says it all.

According to FootballOutsiders' stats, the Panthers played the easiest schedule in the league last season:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff2015

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If his schedule was so weak, then why has there only been seven teams that went 15-1 all time? Such a joke.

Curb-stomped the Seahawks twice, Green Bay, absolutely destroyed Cardinals, beat the second ranked defense in the Texans, fourth ranked defense in Seattle, and the fifth ranked defense in Arizona.
    Curb stomped the Seahawks at...27-23 scoring how late in the game? Curb stomp at 31-24?

Thread Information