Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    I really don't see why it's such a hard ing concept to grasp. Yes Luck has been overhyped, yes he's overpaid. However he is asked to do far more with way less talent than either Newton or Struggle Wilson.

How can you suckers keep denying that the pussy hating got and have been on much better teams for their careers?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I really don't see why it's such a hard ing concept to grasp. Yes Luck has been overhyped, yes he's overpaid. However he is asked to do far more with way less talent than either Newton or Struggle Wilson.

How can you suckers keep denying that the pussy hating got and have been on much better teams for their careers?
    Because that's not true.

Newton has had the same deficencies at offensive line, had far less weapons on offense, yet still won MVP and took a team to 15-1 with Ted Ginn Jr as his #1.

Look, I'm not a Luck hater, but he's underperforming this year. It's not only his fault, but he hasn't done yet to be on the same breath as Newton.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Newton has had the same deficencies at offensive line
    Bull ! Carolina's O-line has been just fine for most of 's career. Even the best O-lines won't look as good when the quarterback keeps holding the ball for an eternity, though.

had far less weapons on offense
    $cam has had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Kelvin Benjamin, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Jerricho Cotchery, and Devin Funchess during his career.

Luck has had T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief, and... washed-up Reggie Wayne? The corpse of Andre Johnson? Coby Fleener? He hasn't had any running game either, unlike , who walked into a team with an elite running game.

took a team to 15-1 with Ted Ginn Jr as his #1.
    I guess the two-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro Greg Olsen doesn't count, even though he led the Panthers in receiving targets last season? And let's not forget Cotchery going the entire regular season without a drop or Funchess' energence in the second half of the season. This idea that Cam had no weapons around him last year is pure homer drivel.

You aren't a Panthers fan, you're a player fan. The proof is in how little you know about "your" own team. It also shows when you downplay every other player on the Panthers' roster to prop up the one player you actually like.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    I wouldn't even count Moncreif. His rookie season he was buried behind Hakeem Nick's, TY, and Reggie Wayne. Last year Luck was injured, and this year Donte is injured.

In reality Lucks weapons have included TY Hilton, maybe 1 good year of Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Darius Heyward Bey, Da'Rick Rodgers, Lavon Brazil, Andre Johnson, and Moncreif. Running backs is even worse. Vick Ballard, Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw and old man Gore.

I'd be surprised if you could name anyone aside for Robert Mathis on the Colts defense. Not to mention he's old and just came off a torn Achilles a year ago.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Bull ! Carolina's O-line has been just fine for most of 's career. Even the best O-lines won't look as good when the quarterback keeps holding the ball for an eternity, though.
    Throughout Newton's career, he has been hit 894 times. That is over 250 times more than the next leading player. In 2014, Cam Newton was sacked more than any player in the league. He missed two games to injury that year.

$cam has had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Kelvin Benjamin, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Jerricho Cotchery, and Devin Funchess during his career.

Luck has had T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief, and... washed-up Reggie Wayne? The corpse of Andre Johnson? Coby Fleener? He hasn't had any running game either, unlike , who walked into a team with an elite running game.
    No.

Cam Newton does have Greg Olsen, who is a great TE, but is a tight end. He had no outside threats. Let's be real here. Jerricho Cotchrey and Devin Funchess are mediocre, and not #2 receivers (at least Funchess isn't yet). Stewart and DeAngelo had to share the carries, and both were constantly injured during Newton's tenure. Newton is the sole reason their team had a record-setting 30 straight games with 100 yards. Don't believe me? Look at the stats for every.single.game.

Luck has been given many weapons in his career. Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Allen, Frank Gore

I guess the two-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro Greg Olsen doesn't count, even though he led the Panthers in receiving targets last season? And let's not forget Cotchery going the entire regular season without a drop or Funchess' energence in the second half of the season. This idea that Cam had no weapons around him last year is pure homer drivel.

You aren't a Panthers fan, you're a player fan. The proof is in how little you know about "your" own team. It also shows when you downplay every other player on the Panthers' roster to prop up the one player you actually like.
    it's hilarious when someone looks at stats and tries to tell someone who watches every single game every single year what they are watching.

You are right, Jerricho had very sure hands, and Funchess did have an impressive second half of the year. But they were mediocre. Cotchrey could not get open (as evidenced in the Super Bowl) and Funchess was third in the league in drops... oh, by the way, Ted Ginn was first and dropped five touchdown passes. But you don't throw those stats out when you talk about Newton's completion percentage.

You don't know anything about Carolina, elite QB's, game managers, or even how to read statistics/put them into context.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    My God, all anyone really has to do is watch Luck play. His decision making sucks. He throws into tight coverage, he makes dumb throws.

I've seen RW, Newton, Luck play, it's real obvious Luck is the inferior QB. Guess which one of the three has the inferior QB rating? Guess which one has never played in a SB?

I wll confess maybe if Luck didn't look so damn goofy it would help.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-04-2016 at 02:42 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Colts need to fix the defense and draft a workhorse back to keep luck from throwing so much.

Post Count
    Throughout Newton's career, he has been hit 894 times. That is over 250 times more than the next leading player. In 2014, Cam Newton was sacked more than any player in the league. He missed two games to injury that year.
    As people have explained to you a million times already, Cam holds onto the ball way too long. When you do that, you tend to get sacked more. During his career, Cam has had Pro Bowlers at center (Kalil), tackle (Gross), and guard (Trai Turner), as well as veterans like Hangartner, Garry Williams, Travelle Wharton, and Michael Oher (who finally produced last season). You can't tell me he's had nobody protecting him. He takes hits because of the re ed way he plays.

In the two games that Cam missed in 2014, Anderson only got sacked a combined 4 times - behind the same O-line that you're throwing under the bus to prop up Cam. It's almost as if playing from the pocket and getting the ball out quickly means you take less contact than holding the ball forever and running around aimlessly.

No.

Cam Newton does have Greg Olsen, who is a great TE, but is a tight end. He had no outside threats. Let's be real here. Jerricho Cotchrey and Devin Funchess are mediocre, and not #2 receivers (at least Funchess isn't yet). Stewart and DeAngelo had to share the carries, and both were constantly injured during Newton's tenure. Newton is the sole reason their team had a record-setting 30 straight games with 100 yards. Don't believe me? Look at the stats for every.single.game.

Luck has been given many weapons in his career. Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Allen, Frank Gore
    I'll give you Hilton and maybe Moncrief. Dorsett has been a non-factor for most of his young career so far due to injuries and inconsistency. Andre Johnson was old and washed-up, so is Frank Gore. Dwayne Allen gets some targets, but he's really more of a blocker. Luck seems to prefer throwing to Jack Doyle instead.

Luck would kill to have weapons like Olsen, Benjamin and Funchess. And while you keep trying to downplay Stewart and DeAngelo, the Colts haven't had an 100-yard rusher in a game in four years, and they haven't had an 1000-yard rusher since 2007.

Face it, Cat got - Cam's team has always been way more stacked than Luck's. He just does less with more while Luck does more with less.

And by the way, I watch plenty of Panthers games. That's how I know Cam sucks.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 10-04-2016 at 06:24 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah, its pretty clear that cam has had more help over the course of his career. panthers oline isn't what it once was, but the colts oline never was to begin with. panthers have had better running backs and weapons. and we saw how cam wasted a few years of steve smith's career...

i think in the aggregate luck has done more with less, but you can't really diminish newton's mvp season. luck had 1 great regular season too, a few years ago. they've both been mediocre in the playoffs.

i had luck head and shoulders above cam before last year, but luck regressed and got hurt while cam had a career year. luck has been up and down this season, but most of his ups have come when the colts were behind because he had slow starts. newton has been mediocre despite having benjamin back.

both players hold the ball too long... luck always tries to make the big play, which is why he also takes a lot of hits and throws a lot of INT's. he's trying to be big ben but hasn't been able to pull it off, and instead has become rich man's bortles

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    yeah, its pretty clear that cam has had more help over the course of his career. panthers oline isn't what it once was, but the colts oline never was to begin with. panthers have had better running backs and weapons. and we saw how cam wasted a few years of steve smith's career...

i think in the aggregate luck has done more with less, but you can't really diminish newton's mvp season. luck had 1 great regular season too, a few years ago. they've both been mediocre in the playoffs.

i had luck head and shoulders above cam before last year, but luck regressed and got hurt while cam had a career year. luck has been up and down this season, but most of his ups have come when the colts were behind because he had slow starts. newton has been mediocre despite having benjamin back.

both players hold the ball too long... luck always tries to make the big play, which is why he also takes a lot of hits and throws a lot of INT's. he's trying to be big ben but hasn't been able to pull it off, and instead has become rich man's bortles
    This.

I'm not taking anything away for s MVP season, however it was still inferior to Lucks 2014 campaign. So I think using the " has a MVP" argument is irrelevant.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    As people have explained to you a million times already, Cam holds onto the ball way too long. When you do that, you tend to get sacked more. During his career, Cam has had Pro Bowlers at center (Kalil), tackle (Gross), and guard (Trai Turner), as well as veterans like Hangartner, Garry Williams, Travelle Wharton, and Michael Oher (who finally produced last season). You can't tell me he's had nobody protecting him. He takes hits because of the re ed way he plays.

In the two games that Cam missed in 2014, Anderson only got sacked a combined 4 times - behind the same O-line that you're throwing under the bus to prop up Cam. It's almost as if playing from the pocket and getting the ball out quickly means you take less contact than holding the ball forever and running around aimlessly.

I'll give you Hilton and maybe Moncrief. Dorsett has been a non-factor for most of his young career so far due to injuries and inconsistency. Andre Johnson was old and washed-up, so is Frank Gore. Dwayne Allen gets some targets, but he's really more of a blocker. Luck seems to prefer throwing to Jack Doyle instead.

Luck would kill to have weapons like Olsen, Benjamin and Funchess. And while you keep trying to downplay Stewart and DeAngelo, the Colts haven't had an 100-yard rusher in a game in four years, and they haven't had an 1000-yard rusher since 2007.

Face it, Cat got - Cam's team has always been way more stacked than Luck's. He just does less with more while Luck does more with less.

And by the way, I watch plenty of Panthers games. That's how I know Cam sucks.
    I really wouldn't even count Donte Moncreif yet. His rookie year he was buried on the depth chart behind Hakeem Nick's and Reggie Wayne until very late in the season where ano realized Nicks sucks. Last year Luck was hurt, and this year Moncreif is out.

So in reality Luck has worked with TY, 1 good year of Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Hakeem Nicks, Da'Rick Rogers, Darius Heyward Bay, Lavon Brazil, and the corpse of Andre Johnson.

RB is just as bad. Lucks rookie year he had (rookie) Vick Ballard who was decent until he got hurt and never was the same. Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw who could give you 4 games max, and now old man Gore.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    not worth nitpicking cam's 2015 with luck's 2014. when you factor in cam's rushing, their numbers were pretty close all around. my point is they've both had 1 great season, lets not make it seem like luck had several years at that level

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson had a better NCAA senior season than Luck had, his 191.7 passer rating an NCAA record. Luck at 169.7.

As a pro RW numbers far better than Lucks.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ncaa

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll slow her down for ya slick.

Russell Wilson wasn't putting up better numbers than Luck in just the NFL, he was also doing in at the NCAA level.

See how that works shorty? And if he'd been 6-3 he probably would have been drafted ahead of Luck.

NEWSFLASH

The NFL drafts these guys based on those NCAA exploits, just so ya know, ok?

Post Count
    I'll slow her down for ya, Nostrafatass.

Nobody cares about college stats when these guys have been pros for years.

See how that works, fatty?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll slow her down for ya, Nostrafatass.

Nobody cares about college stats when these guys have been pros for years.

See how that works, fatty?
    Obviously ya don't watch much NFL football, if ya did you'd know about...."while he was at Stanford/LSU/Alabama/USC"...etc. How many times have we heard......"he won a JC Championship while at Blinn"....for Newton? How many times did we hear..."he was a world class hurdler while at Baylor"...for RGIII, forget that he wasn't world class.

My God you're dumb.

So you've never heard....."he won a Heisman".....well?

Post Count
    Broadcasters just use that to fill time during the games, fatty. Stick to your almanacs, Wide Load, because you suck at this.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Broadcasters just use that to fill time during the games, fatty. Stick to your almanacs, Wide Load, because you suck at this.
    So somebody does care about those NCAA exploits, so you were WRONG yet again. Dude, do you ever get anything right?

Speaking of sucking at this tell us all again about how without BEAST MODE the Seahawks can't win, and tell us all again about "Struggle" Wilson histories winningest first 4 seasons and 4 weeks QB.

Dude, you are the one who sucks at this and everything else. When you aren't being negative you're being WRONG.

Post Count
    Stop replying to me, hamplanet. I have a weight limit on who can reply to me, and you are waaaaaayyyy over it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stop replying to me, hamplanet. I have a weight limit on who can reply to me, and you are waaaaaayyyy over it.
    I don't blame ya for heading away from you're stupdity. Dude, does it hurt being that damn dumb?

Post Count
    you're stupdity
    LOL. Try harder next time, fatty.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    monster game yesterday, looked like 2014 luck

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Luck is playing very well so far this season. 10 TDs and only 3 Int for the "turnover machine". All of that despite being sacked 11 times in the past 2 games.

If it wasn't for his atrocious defense Luck would probably be in the conversation for MVP.

Thread Information