Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    If only he could play against Nigeria, Iran or Bosnia in a final...

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Messi is on a awhole different level, I didn't watch Zidane play but I know for sure he wasn't scoring at the rate Messi is or even Cristiano.. What seperates Messi from the rest is his insane vision and of course his classic dribbles imo.

messi isn't just one dimensional

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    son we might laught today but algeria produced quite a lot of (french) talent in the last years .. if they ever get to tap into that talent pool they might become a decent team.

Messi is on a awhole different level, I didn't watch Zidane play but I know for sure he wasn't scoring at the rate Messi is or even Cristiano.. What seperates Messi from the rest is his insane vision and of course his classic dribbles imo.
    messi isn't just one dimensional
    son I hope you are trolling.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    "Messi runs ..... shoots .... misses! Argentina loses another final !"
    tbh it's more like messi is nowhere to be found! Argentina loses another final ! but I get the point tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    you take one team that couldn't even qualify, you add ONE player to it and voila .. you got a juggernaut capable of going the distance with 4 consecutive STACKED contenders. that france team couldn't even function without zidane making it happen in midfield. but that run was overrated? misty's impressive run of beating venezuela, usa and the falklands only to lose to chile on penaldos ... that's a real goat run tbh. cmon son how can you say zidane's 06 run was overrated? zidane dominated the entire tournament on his absolute last legs, absolutely unheard of tbh.

liliam thuram, the real mvp tbh. the key cog. without thuram they couldn't even qualify tbh the suffering from that cucking honduras inflicted on you is taking its toll tbh
    'cause some people would say re ed like: "zidane dominated the entire tournament on his absolute last legs, absolutely unheard of tbh." When he actually played well just 2 games out of 7 , and got stupidly red carded in the final, which might have cost France the le.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    like Maradona run I guess

I'm curious to know what run do you consider not overrated tbh... except for Messi runs of course (we already know what you think about Messi tbh)
    Which one?

Maradona's '86 run is easily the GOAT performance ever by an individual in a WC. In '90 he didn't do beside that pass to Caniggia to beat Brazil.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    son we might laught today but algeria produced quite a lot of (french) talent in the last years .. if they ever get to tap into that talent pool they might become a decent team.

son I hope you are trolling.
    Cristiano shouldn't be in anyones top 10 son I agree, he doesn't have the talent like other greats do, I only brought him up because he scores a ton too.. Messi and him have set records scoring wise... I know you will downplay this era but no one is scoring as much as them each season.

zidane doesn't stand a chance against Messi.. I've seen plenty of Zidane videos and yeah he was fancy but so is Iniesta, is he even better than Iniesta tbh?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks Zidane is better than Messi as a football player should seriously consider offing himself, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    FWIW before the materazzi incident Zidane had a great game... he had a superb head defended by Buffon few minutes before that could have won the game... France 2006 without Zidane was first round exit, on a side note, coach was the worst of France history
    See, this is the kind of I talk about. This "France 2006 without Zidane was first round exit" claim. My Brazil makes this bull comment about Zidane to try and exagerate his importance on that team without even caring about checking the facts:

On that 2006 WC, in the group stage, France tied with Switzerland and South Korea with Zidane on the pitch. On the last game of the group, the super duper important Zidane (without which France would have been a first round exit, according to our friend here) didn't play because of having seen two yellows in the first two matches, and without him France was finally able to win a match and make it out of the group stage.

So you see, this is why I have to regulate so much here. Because you guys love making bull claims left and right without using facts or logic to try and support your erroneous opinions. I just have to come here and speak the truth in sake of the well being of childern everywhere.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Which one?

Maradona's '86 run is easily the GOAT performance ever by an individual in a WC. In '90 he didn't do beside that pass to Caniggia to beat Brazil.
    wut ? you were not the guy saying this 86 run was overrated and Maradona only beat ty teams in the endless arguments about Messi / Maradona ?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    See, this is the kind of I talk about. This "France 2006 without Zidane was first round exit" claim. My Brazil makes this bull comment about Zidane to try and exagerate his importance on that team without even caring about checking the facts:

On that 2006 WC, in the group stage, France tied with Switzerland and South Korea with Zidane on the pitch. On the last game of the group, the super duper important Zidane (without which France would have been a first round exit, according to our friend here) didn't play because of having seen two yellows in the first two matches, and without him France was finally able to win a match and make it out of the group stage.

So you see, this is why I have to regulate so much here. Because you guys love making bull claims left and right without using facts or logic to try and support your erroneous opinions. I just have to come here and speak the truth in sake of the well being of childern everywhere.
    So you see this is why you are regulating ... you go pass classification phase but yeah without Zidane we beat Spain in first elimination game ?

but but you say first round like it is changing anything to this conversation. In 2006 untill his up against Materrazi, Zidane had an amazing run that's the point of OP... but go ahead with your so overrated

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    wut ? you were not the guy saying this 86 run was overrated and Maradona only beat ty teams in the endless arguments about Messi / Maradona ?
    not even close son. I have always said that Maradona's '86 WC performance is the GOAT individual performance in a WC, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    So you see this is why you are regulating ... you go pass classification phase but yeah without Zidane we beat Spain in first elimination game ?

but but you say first round like it is changing anything to this conversation. In 2006 untill his up against Materrazi, Zidane had an amazing run that's the point of OP... but go ahead with your so overrated
    You made a bull claim that I easily disproved, son. Deal with it.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    son I know they are trash, but losing to honduras is just
    That team was so bad they would've finished 3rd in the EPL, tbh... just a disgraceful team, but, to be fair, lots of teams didn't want to give up their players...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

don't do Zizou dirty like that, brah... now let's hear from dfens how that Switzerland was their best side ever and South Korea was highly underrated/better than Chile...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    i see s here are getting pretty tight, resorting to goal scoring arguments, bringing the maradona '86 talk and all of that. that's good sons tbh.

first of all maradona '86 is definately a crazy run, much respect for diego, a real tbh.

now the very purpose of playing football is winning and winning at the highest level. That means world cups not some UCLs where there are 3 contenders each year. The WC winners aren't the ones putting 7 past their opponents (well, sometimes ) but the ones able to get that 1-0 win against tough matchups. And WCs are rare, a player gets to play in 2-3 world cups, very rarely more, so there is no place for pussyfooting or dyeing ones hair. Real GOATs (zidane, maradona) done their job at world cups while misty lucked one finals where he didn't do . Real GOATs do 4 contender runs like in '06, they don't choke b2b finals minor league finals to chile

That's why I value zidane and maradona over missy, because at the highest level they will outplay/organize/lead/score for their team, control the midfield and playmake from deep, be a goal threat, do everything necessary to win. Missi is frozen out of huge games, that's reality. The time fur pussying around the bush is over s, missy needs to make his mark, winning UCLs in a 3-league compe ions isn't enough. Scoring 60 goals against lower tier opponents is a beauty, zidane wouldn't be able to do that, but he didn't have to. The GOATs aren't the statpadders but the ones that produce at the highest level. How did missy's 60 goals a season translate into world cup finals goals? you talk about missy goalscoring prowess, where was it? explain me this s. Meanwhile the goalscoring inept zidane scored 3 goals in world cup finals and they hold more legacy than ALL of missy's goals put together. Who gives a about 60 goals per season when you can't do it against real opposition?
    I won't even talk about WC/EC goals scored/created vs contenders because it's even more in favor of zidane.

Compare zidane's impact in final tournaments vs maradona's impact and you'll see zidane does better (maradona is still a monster!)
    Compare zidane's impact in final tournaments to misty's impact and tell me with a straight face who is the goat. Who faced the tougher teams? Who won? Who scored the critical goals? Who created the critical occasions? Who dragged their team in tough matches? Who rose up for the challenge? Who got the ovations? Who provided leadership?
    For extra compare zidane and missi in finals output.

TLDR:
    messi -> statpads against trash teams and has only one knockout win vs a 1st tier ('14 netherlands). he hasn't scored nor created a goal in any final. he QUITPERIOD after chile beat him b2b. Outside of the pitch he enjoys looking like bieber and cheating on his taxes. known as missi/misty, because in huge games he misses and cries a lot
    zidane -> winner of WC, EC, 3 decisive goals in finals, has COUNTLESS wins over 1st tiers. Even came out of retirement to lead an otherwise unqualifying france to world cup glory going through a legendary bracket. Outside of the pitch he is a highly respected human being and already a led coach. known as GOAT.

lmao y'all s gonna come up with some new angle about missi goals vs honduras or how he dominated nigeria or some like that tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    don't do Zizou dirty like that, brah... now let's hear from dfens how that Switzerland was their best side ever and South Korea was highly underrated/better than Chile...
    son I don't care about switzerland, south korea, honduras or nigeria.
    What I care about are 1st tier stacked teams and spain, brazil, portugal and italy are MILES ahead of anything missi faced (let alone beat) in his career.
    Diego is a boss tho, so if you have him as the GOAT is see nothing wrong with that.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    i see s here are getting pretty tight, resorting to goal scoring arguments, bringing the maradona '86 talk and all of that. that's good sons tbh.

first of all maradona '86 is definately a crazy run, much respect for diego, a real tbh.

now the very purpose of playing football is winning and winning at the highest level. That means world cups not some UCLs where there are 3 contenders each year. The WC winners aren't the ones putting 7 past their opponents (well, sometimes ) but the ones able to get that 1-0 win against tough matchups. And WCs are rare, a player gets to play in 2-3 world cups, very rarely more, so there is no place for pussyfooting or dyeing ones hair. Real GOATs (zidane, maradona) done their job at world cups while misty lucked one finals where he didn't do . Real GOATs do 4 contender runs like in '06, they don't choke b2b finals minor league finals to chile

That's why I value zidane and maradona over missy, because at the highest level they will outplay/organize/lead/score for their team, control the midfield and playmake from deep, be a goal threat, do everything necessary to win. Missi is frozen out of huge games, that's reality. The time fur pussying around the bush is over s, missy needs to make his mark, winning UCLs in a 3-league compe ions isn't enough. Scoring 60 goals against lower tier opponents is a beauty, zidane wouldn't be able to do that, but he didn't have to. The GOATs aren't the statpadders but the ones that produce at the highest level. How did missy's 60 goals a season translate into world cup finals goals? you talk about missy goalscoring prowess, where was it? explain me this s. Meanwhile the goalscoring inept zidane scored 3 goals in world cup finals and they hold more legacy than ALL of missy's goals put together. Who gives a about 60 goals per season when you can't do it against real opposition?
    I won't even talk about WC/EC goals scored/created vs contenders because it's even more in favor of zidane.

Compare zidane's impact in final tournaments vs maradona's impact and you'll see zidane does better (maradona is still a monster!)
    Compare zidane's impact in final tournaments to misty's impact and tell me with a straight face who is the goat. Who faced the tougher teams? Who won? Who scored the critical goals? Who created the critical occasions? Who dragged their team in tough matches? Who rose up for the challenge? Who got the ovations? Who provided leadership?

TLDR:
    messi -> statpads against trash teams and has only one knockout win vs a 1st tier ('14 netherlands). he hasn't scored nor created a goal in any final. he QUITPERIOD after chile beat him b2b. Outside of the pitch he enjoys looking like bieber and cheating on his taxes. known as missi/misty, because in huge games he misses and cries a lot
    zidane -> winner of WC, EC, 3 decisive goals in finals, has COUNTLESS wins over 1st tiers. Even came out of retirement to lead an otherwise unqualifying france to world cup glory going through a legendary bracket. Outside of the pitch he is a highly respected human being and already a led coach. known as GOAT.

lmao y'all s gonna come up with some new angle about missi goals vs honduras or how he dominated nigeria or some like that tbh
    Son while I don't agree with some of the eurocentric you post I gotta say this was savage tbh... dem truth nukes

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    You made a bull claim that I easily disproved, son. Deal with it.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I never made excuses for Missi, tbh... and I've always ranked Zizou in the top 20 all time, with other greats like sidenaldo... only in here being in the top 20 all time is a slight, for some reason...

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

TLDR:

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

TLDR:

dfens going in without lube

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    riding dfens but then crying when he calls you

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

TLDR:

In which part of this delusional post do you adress the "Zidane's 06 run isn't overrated" thingy we were talking about?

Much less the re ed argument that Zidane could ever be consider the GOAT by anyone?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    riding dfens but then crying when he calls you
    cmon son that is uncalled for, lefty isn't koolaids or trill.

In which part of this delusional post do you adress the "Zidane's 06 run isn't overrated" thingy we were talking about?
    Much less the re ed argument that Zidane could ever be consider the GOAT by anyone?
    the part where france wouldn't have qualified without him and he came out of retirement for his country to beat a future EC-WC-EC spain team, a stacked brazil, the GOAT portugal side and barely lost to one of the GOAT italy teams. But if this is overrated for you please post other runs from GOAT players, like missy, to illuminate me what you consider to be a goat run I'm really curious what missi run you'll post tbh, as he has so many GOAT runs

Thread Information