Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    cmon son that is uncalled for, lefty isn't koolaids or trill.

the part where france wouldn't have qualified without him and he came out of retirement for his country to beat a future EC-WC-EC spain team, a stacked brazil, the GOAT portugal side and barely lost to one of the GOAT italy teams. But if this is overrated for you please post other runs from GOAT players, like missy, to illuminate me what you consider to be a goat run I'm really curious what missi run you'll post tbh, as he has so many GOAT runs
    Qualified to where? Is this like that Brazil post that said that France was a "first round exit without Zidane"?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Also lol at the "Portugal GOAT team", but scoffing at "Chile's GOAT team".

But...but... Portugal is from my continent, so they are better

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Qualified to where? Is this like that Brazil post that said that France was a "first round exit without Zidane"?

Zidane's run in '06 is so overrated.

He literally had just 2 good games (Spain and Brazil). After the group stage of that tournament I remember folks talking about how he shouldn't even wait for the tournament to be over for him to retire.

And no, no trully knowladgeable fan can ever think Zidane is even close to be the GOAT. He isn't even the best player of his generation.
    Ronaldo=Zidane

Op just likes to prop zidane so black players get less credit tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    to the world cup, lol first round exit is optimistic.
    you still haven't posted that missi run, to show my how a real GOAT does it.

Also lol at the "Portugal GOAT team", but scoffing at "Chile's GOAT team".
    But...but... Portugal is from my continent, so they are better
    a portugal team that went through great english and dutch sides (when did chile ever do something similar?) and which finished 4th at that world cup (when is the last time chile ever went to a SF?) containing the likes of figo/peak deco/penaldo compared to the likes of vidal on chile ... even an enraged troll should see the difference.

Ronaldo=Zidane
    Op just likes to prop zidane so black players get less credit tbh
    blacks never have credit son, quit dreaming.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    to the world cup, lol first round exit is optimistic.
    you still haven't posted that missi run, to show my how a real GOAT does it.

a portugal team that went through great english and dutch sides (when did chile ever do something similar?) and which finished 4th at that world cup (when is the last time chile ever went to a SF?) containing the likes of figo/peak deco/penaldo compared to the likes of vidal on chile ... even an enraged troll should see the difference.

blacks never have credit son, quit dreaming.
    2014 Messi run was easily >> Zidane's. At least Messi played well in more than 2 games, tbh.

Chile won silverware in b2b championships against Argentina. When has that Portugal team ever done that?

Bravo, Medel, Vidal, Sanchez is pretty even (arguably better) than past prime Figo, Deco, and Ronaldo (instead of Sidenaldo ).

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    2014 Messi run was easily >> Zidane's. At least Messi played well in more than 2 games, tbh.
    what ?

Messi played well against Nigeria Bosnia and Iran and against Belgium... His game against netherlands was totally forgettable IIRC and let's not talk about Germany... that's a pretty bold statement you make

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Chile won silverware in b2b championships against Argentina. When has that Portugal team ever done that?
    Bravo, Medel, Vidal, Sanchez is pretty even (arguably better) than past prime Figo, Deco, and Ronaldo (instead of Sidenaldo ).
    bro this is pathetic, just accept you got bent over and take it like a man tbh.
    god bless you son but you ain't worth my trolling time with such takes tbh, at least el nono got some funny game.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    2014 Messi run was easily >> Zidane's.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    what ?

Messi played well against Nigeria Bosnia and Iran and against Belgium... His game against netherlands was totally forgettable IIRC and let's not talk about Germany... that's a pretty bold statement you make
    You are forgetting Switzerland, tbh. And yeah, 5 >>> 2, tbh. That's my point. Thanks for reinforcing it, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    bro this is pathetic, just accept you got bent over and take it like a man tbh.
    god bless you son but you ain't worth my trolling time with such takes tbh, at least el nono got some funny game.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    That team in bold hasn't existed since 1966... I mean, Beckham and Owen? come on, son...

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    That team in bold hasn't existed since 1966... I mean, Beckham and Owen? come on, son...
    so maradona's run was godlike and included a tough win over an england squad in 1986 but england hasn't had a great team since 1966 ... come on, son tbh.
    fyi england in 2006: ashley cole, gerrard, ferdinand, lampard, rooney (capable), beckhamn, owen plus role players ... that's a very good team tbh, they also had the very best defense of the entire tournament.

son there is no shame on this board tbh, just approaching lakersnation-kobe objectivity level tbh. take it from a LA fan.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    You are forgetting Switzerland, tbh. And yeah, 5 >>> 2, tbh. That's my point. Thanks for reinforcing it, tbh.
    you are comparing Spain, Brazil, Portugal and Italy (he had a great despite his up and the loss) to Nigeria, Bosnia, Iran and Belgium ?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    so maradona's run was godlike and included a tough win over an england squad in 1986 but england hasn't had a great team since 1966 ... come on, son tbh.
    fyi england in 2006: ashley cole, gerrard, ferdinand, lampard, rooney (capable), beckhamn, owen plus role players ... that's a very good team tbh, they also had the very best defense of the entire tournament.
    Sorry brah, that's a collection of chokers. And I liked Owen's game, but realistically they were never great at anything or even "contenders"... it's basically what Spain always was before 2010...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Sorry brah, that's a collection of chokers. And I liked Owen's game, but realistically they were never great at anything or even "contenders"... it's basically what Spain always was before 2010...
    brah by this logic argentina is a collection of chokers. And I like Messi's game, but realistically they are never great at anything. It's basically Spain before 2010 but without the EC.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    If we are going to downplay a player just because he didn't achieve anything with their national team, then go right ahead tbh.

But when the national games occur, players usually play out of synch, they are unfamiliar with each other lets just put it that way..

So a player has to basically single handedly win you the game, or the defense has to be ing up, Messis lack of trophies with Argentina can't be put all on him. He's the best player in the world so I guess all the pressure is put on him, it comes with the territory I guess, but Argentinas losses have been by small marginal errors.. A lot of Argentinians seem to be giving Higuain a pass but not Messi, Higuain to an extent has to be receving more criticism, he just has to.. This dude missed like 3 or 4 sitters that could have turned the game around in Argentinas favor and would have opened up the game for Messi to do his thing.

Lets not even mention the lack of help Messi has upfront lol, Aguero, Di Maria are selfish as , specially Di Maria.. All this dude knows how to do is dribble like a headless chicken.

Na sons Messi can't be measured as a player because of his national team failures, he's too good for people to make up opinions on him based on that.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    brah by this logic argentina is a collection of chokers. And I like Messi's game, but realistically they are never great at anything. It's basically Spain before 2010 but without the EC.
    This group of Argies can at least make it past the quarters of big tournaments, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    If we are going to downplay a player just because he didn't achieve anything with their national team, then go right ahead tbh.

But when the national games occur, players usually play out of synch, they are unfamiliar with each other lets just put it that way..

So a player has to basically single handedly win you the game, or the defense has to be ing up, Messis lack of trophies with Argentina can't be put all on him. He's the best player in the world so I guess all the pressure is put on him, it comes with the territory I guess, but Argentinas losses have been by small marginal errors.. A lot of Argentinians seem to be giving Higuain a pass but not Messi, Higuain to an extent has to be receving more criticism, he just has to.. This dude missed like 3 or 4 sitters that could have turned the game around in Argentinas favor and would have opened up the game for Messi to do his thing.

Lets not even mention the lack of help Messi has upfront lol, Aguero, Di Maria are selfish as , specially Di Maria.. All this dude knows how to do is dribble like a headless chicken.

Na sons Messi can't be measured as a player because of his national team failures, he's too good for people to make up opinions on him based on that.
    Nah, son. After the last final, where it was basically Messi against everybody, nobody is ting on Messi and all the ing has landed on Higuian. To the point that he hasn't been called to the next qualifier games (huge mistake, imho. Big final misses and all, he's still, by far, the best Argie striker).

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Nah, son. After the last final, where it was basically Messi against everybody, nobody is ting on Messi and all the ing has landed on Higuian. To the point that he hasn't been called to the next qualifier games (huge mistake, imho. Big final misses and all, he's still, by far, the best Argie striker).
    He might be a great striker in his club teams, but this dude never really shines with your national team dude.. It's time to give someone else a chance.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He might be a great striker in his club teams, but this dude never really shines with your national team dude.. It's time to give someone else a chance.
    He plays great with the National Team son, his stats and winning % are off the charts. His problem is that he has choked in 3 consecutive finals now.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    He plays great with the National Team son, his stats and winning % are off the charts. His problem is that he has choked in 3 consecutive finals now.
    His choking might have made me forgot how well he plays for your national team then

I hope Messi is healthy when the 2018 WC rolls around, that might be the last WC we see him playing at a great form, I'm gonna shed a tear not gonna lie can't think about Football without Messi

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    s there is more sidestepping in this thread than in this monkey video tbh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    that makes no sense. Argentina won 2 world cups, and won a ton of Copa America tournaments... England hasn't been relevant in 50 years, tbh...

I mean, unless you want to bring up Man Utd and club records, but I think you don't really want to get in that convo...

Thread Information