Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might not have a Bolt, but they could put together the four best legs. Most pro DBs/WRs ran track from a young age in addition to playing football. They just chose the money. I don't think the transition would be that difficult. Give them two years working together and they win convincingly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might not have a Bolt, but they could put together the four best legs. Most pro DBs/WRs ran track from a young age in addition to playing football. They just chose the money. I don't think the transition would be that difficult. Give them two years working together and they win convincingly.
    I totally agree our fastest citizens wind up in football, but I think the transition would be tough after years of specifically training to be an NFL player. Not to mention the way football bangs you up. A 25 year old WR is probably less healthy than a 30 year old sprinter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. This is why I'm against a mono sporting cultural. And I fear this country's rabid obsession with football is going to eventually lead to too much poaching of potential talent that can excel in other sports. Because foooobaaawww is the only sport "we" care about now.

We used to dominate men's tennis. No more.

Our men's 100/200m sprinting program is complete by past standards.

We didn't medal in the 110m hurdles.

Zero relevant heavyweight boxers in the last 15 years,

And as far as our domestic sports. Ice Hockey ratings and general interest is tanking. Baseball is decently healthy, but the World Series struggles to beat regular season fooobaw. The NBA is more about Lebron, individual stars, and social media antics than the sport.

And fooobaw just keeps growing.
    I was born in South Texas, in the 70's, so I was indoctrinated into Dallas Cowboys Football before I could talk.
    Basketball and the Spurs became my second sport in 1988 from watching a random game on the TV. It even got me to join and play for my HS basketball team.

I tried to get into Soccer. My wife is Mexican and she has those basic Mexican loves: Baseball and Futbol. I tried. I liked baseball, that was no problem. There was so much strategy from moment to moment in baseball that I could instantly recognize.
    That was cool and we, here in El Paso, have a great little stadium to watch our AAA team.

But soccer's different. I got it, but I couldn't get into it. I liked the lack of commercials and when a team would get into a scoring position, but the rest of it was lost on me. Maybe my fault...

Then I watched Rugby Union. Holy . It was like soccer, but fun to watch. Those guys go til they are dying, by the end of the match. Warriors. So Rugby has become my 3rd sport, and is fast becoming my 2nd sport the more I watch it.

Really good .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not from my experience. I say the casual basketball fan know more than the patriotic handegg casual fan.
    If you've only encountered Spurs fans, yes. But generally, NBA "fans" are pretty ignorant.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally agree our fastest citizens wind up in football, but I think the transition would be tough after years of specifically training to be an NFL player. Not to mention the way football bangs you up. A 25 year old WR is probably less healthy than a 30 year old sprinter.
    I would counter that by saying they get even faster in the league with all the specialized speed training techniques they receive to increase explosiveness. I can see the injury angle though. I still say of healthy and with a couple years back on the track they could get it done. We might or might not have a guy that could take Bolt down in the 100/200, but they'd dominate the relay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is supposed to be "ideal" sprinter height until Bolt changed the game. Problem for us now is that any 6'4-6'5" speed freak will have NFL dreams rather than Olympic dreams.
    5'10" is also the ideal height of a fatbol player if he checks in around 250 lbs. Smaller strike zone, can still pound beers, fried chicken and chimney smoke during games without anyone being the wiser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5'10" is also the ideal height of a fatbol player if he checks in around 250 lbs. Smaller strike zone, can still pound beers, fried chicken and chimney smoke during games without anyone being the wiser.
    Too bad the fatbol meme isn't based in reality.

13.8% body fat league wide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a non rugby person but the Rugby 7s at the Olympics was brilliant. Anybody watch that stuff?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It'd be like a shooter from a rival team working with Chip all off-season and then drilling us in the playoffs.
    The US gymnastic coach is Romanian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US gymnastic coach is Romanian
    The Karoylis are American citizens though and have lived here for almost 40 years. And now a days, they're basically babysitters. The individual athletes are coached by their personal coaches and gyms.

ex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimee_Boorman

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not from my experience. I say the casual basketball fan know more than the patriotic handegg casual fan.
    Casual fans of anything are equally stupid, tbh. There's not much of a difference between Porker fluffers and people who think Newton and Struggle Wilson are good quarterbacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what white Americans think about not being able to represent their country animore due to their athletic limitation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Handegg

Egghands and Baseball were invented so the American "athlete" would only run 10-30 seconds every couple of minutes or not at all. And every time a team loses possession of the ball they take a short break and have a snack. ing Americans creating sports where they can still be fat and lazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what white Americans think about not being able to represent their country animore due to their athletic limitation?
    I would imagine they're okay with it.

How's Colombia doing?

Most notable athlete is a woman

No hate, though. I'm Southern Californian, so BMX is in my blood, and Pajon is a beast and quite the looker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    losing to Japan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LkrFan

Get in here and this

Better hurry up and win a gold medal
    Won't be able to mention Duncan not winning one ever again
    The Silver was in 20km women's walking ()

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Ledecky can't run a 9 minute mile or complete 5 unassisted pulls ups but she sure can dominate a segregated sport. #whiteprivilage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't follow Ball, is this US Womens Basketball team the best USA team ever?
    The best Ball team ever globally?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ledecky can't run a 9 minute mile or complete 5 unassisted pulls ups but she sure can dominate a segregated sport. #whiteprivilage
    And Usain Bolt has never ran a mile and would probably die before completing 1500m swimming.

Swimming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>p hysically taxing than running.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And Usain Bolt has never ran a mile and would probably die before completing 1500m swimming.

Swimming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>p hysically taxing than running.
    Pretty sure a Kenyan marathon runners could complete a 1500m better than your average "9 minute mile" couch potato & female sprinters can complete more than 3 unassisted pulls ups.

When he had Ledecky undergo a battery of physical-assessment tests at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, one of the first sentences of the opening summary, according to Gemmell, referred to her as “remarkably unremarkable.”

Kris "half-black" Humphries used to bust Phelps ass but swimming is more physically taxing than basketball.

"I was so good at a young age that I got a little burnt out," Humphries said. "I also grew up in the Michael Jordan era ... for me, I watched [basketball] and saw it as a challenge. It's hard to stay focused on something when you have a ton of success at a young age, so I picked up basketball a little later and rolled with that."
    You had one black swimmer on the US team & she won Gold that's 1-to-1 ratio of black swimmers to Gold medals.

........just wait till Kenyans have access to Olympic sized pools like Missy "no medals" Franklin.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 08-20-2016 at 03:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure a Kenyan marathon runner could complete a 1500m swim without dying if they lived in the pool & female sprinters can complete more than 3 unassisted pulls ups.

Why do you fetishize black athletes so much, bro? It's like you think that if they just had the "opportunity," they would dominate because they're good at basketball and running.

Blacks will never be on the level of white swimmers due to physiology as much as a white will be on the level of black sprinters and Kenyan distance runners. And Asians and Slavs are tailormade for weightlifting.

By contrast, whites tend to have the advantage in swimming, where a longer torso allows for faster speeds.

"Swimming actually generates a wave. The sport is the art of surfacing on that wave. When the wave is bigger – because the torso is longer – they go faster," Bejan said.

The study was published online this week in the International Journal of Design and Nature and Ecodynamics.
    And you conveniently left out this point about Ledecky:

When he began coaching Ledecky in 2012

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna laugh when Serbia hands these ass clowns the silver, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schtick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ample time to prepare
    murica

What an ignorant comment
    At this notion or the NFL having the best athletes. I don't care how popular it is in America, the vast majority aren't in the same league with NBA players.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    WTF, didn't you just see Simone Manuel win a bunch of gold medals in swimming?

Thread Information