Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm so an American gets bronze in men's driving behind the Chinese. It wasn't close of course but that's still pretty good.

An American is also there in the marathon with Kenya and Ethiopia. Those are pretty impressive.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    WTF, didn't you just see Simone Manuel win a bunch of gold medals in swimming?
    Simone was the ONLY black swimmer on the squad & won an INDIVIDUAL Gold Medal unlike privileged ass Lochte/Missy Franklin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the same people that dominated the whole of Asia, Middle East and Eastern Europe? Talk about the might fallen. These could be the americans 200 years from now

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Simone was the ONLY black swimmer on the squad & won an INDIVIDUAL Gold Medal unlike privileged ass Lochte/Missy Franklin.
    Damn Missy Franklin had a horrible Olympics. I couldn't believe how much she's declined at such a young age. Lochte is just old and washed up, and a dumbass.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Damn Missy Franklin had a horrible Olympics. I couldn't believe how much she's declined at such a young age. Lochte is just old and washed up, and a dumbass.
    Missy got dethroned by a BLACK swimmer, that's what happened. Diversity won:

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Missy got dethroned by a BLACK swimmer, that's what happened. Diversity won:
    She got dethroned by everyone. She couldn't even make it to the finals in her events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the same people that dominated the whole of Asia, Middle East and Eastern Europe? Talk about the might fallen. These could be the americans 200 years from now
    They had horses. Now everyone else has horse and cars. Guns, bombs, etc. But horses were big then.

America is more like China, big area, natural resources. It's more likely we'll be up then down, but we can go down with self inflicted wounds.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    She must have been on something last Olympics. Cheating at such a young age.

I mean, I'm not saying she did but she was pretty invisble these Olympics.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    She must have been on something last Olympics. Cheating at such a young age.

I mean, I'm not saying she did but she was pretty invisble these Olympics.
    Her confidence got shot when Simone stole her thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her confidence got shot when Simone stole her thunder.
    How do you suppose that when Franklin swims the backstroke, while Simone is a sprint-freestyle swimmer?

DiRado is the one who stole Frankin's thunder. You get to still celebrate diversity in this case, since DiRado is a Latina.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Another gold medal for the only relevant country on Earth.

Europoors

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    How do you suppose that when Franklin swims the backstroke, while Simone is a sprint-freestyle swimmer?
    Simone replaced her in the 4x100m freestyle relay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get back to real basketball now please. Can't wait to watch the NBA again.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Maybe one day we'll actually get a challenge from another country. I mean, the middle of the last decade sucked but we were still considered far and away the best b-ball country.

If anyone can shift the balance of power, it's places like Brazil, Canada, Australia, Nigeria, India, China, France and England/Britain, where there's enough racial and athletic diversity to field a great team or just a whole bunch of raw numbers. (Un)fortunately, most of those places care more about some other sport and not much about basketball at all.

So we'll be the standard for the forseeable future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still want to see the U.S. Get two teams, east west or NBA, college. It's the best way to weaken the us while strengthening talent. They do this in sports like beach volleyball and most individual sports. Let us field as many teams as we can

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I'd say the NFL has the best athletes in pro sports..

Realistically, outside of QBs and kickers, it's a very low-skill sport that requires minimal intelligence..it's purely physical, which is why their their careers are so short(along with injuries, of course)..
    It might be purely physical, but that's mostly in terms of strength.

NFL players at the skill positions are much more athletic than NBA players at any position. NBA players aren't particular fast (as shown by the average 3/4 court combine sprint times), NFL players are much stronger on average, vertical leaps are even, and first step explosiveness and lateral quickness goes to NFL players. As much as we marvel at Westbrook in those areas, an NFL running back would make him look average.
    The so called "skill" positions comprise a small portion of the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simone replaced her in the 4x100m freestyle relay.
    So? Missy isn't a freestyler. Her personal best is .66 seconds in the 100m behind Manuel. She was going to get replaced regardless. All the girls swam faster legs in the 4x100 than Frankin's PB. It's not her stroke. Meanwhile, she still holds the 100 and 200m backstroke world records. Quit trying to force your, "scrappy black girl overcomes white girl privilege" narrative." It's not like Manuel was born in Compton to crack addicts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So? Missy isn't a freestyler. Her personal best is .66 seconds in the 100m behind Manuel. She was going to get replaced regardless. All the girls swam faster legs in the 4x100 than Frankin's PB. It's not her stroke. Meanwhile, she still holds the 100 and 200m backstroke world records. Quit trying to force your, "scrappy black girl overcomes white girl privilege" narrative." It's not like Manuel was born in Compton to crack addicts.
    Dummy, it's generational. Black folks were allowed in public pools during segregation thus they didn't take their kids to the pool even post-segregation & it has trickled down along w/ the lack of public pools (let along Olympic sized pools:) in black communities.

Meanwhile, Phelps didn't come from a rich family but he grew up in a family of swimmers which led him to take up the sport. If Phelps was a black kid in Baltimore he might not even have learned how to swim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Caitlyn Jenner runner get a medal?
    That's f'd up sHe is allowed to compete in the womens division.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dummy, it's generational. Black folks were allowed in public pools during segregation thus they didn't take their kids to the pool even post-segregation & it has trickled down along w/ the lack of public pools (let along Olympic sized pools:) in black communities.

Meanwhile, Phelps didn't come from a rich family but he grew up in a family of swimmers which led him to take up the sport. If Phelps was a black kid in Baltimore he might not even have learned how to swim.
    You could grow black folks in a pool from birth. The odds will still be against them becoming elite swimmers as much as growing a white person on a track won't make them an elite sprinter.

I don't like biological determinism as much the next guy, but blacks are at physiological disadvantage. I'm just challenging your fetish here, thinking that black athletes would rule anything and everything because they're good at sprinting and jumping.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I still want to see the U.S. Get two teams, east west or NBA, college. It's the best way to weaken the us while strengthening talent. They do this in sports like beach volleyball and most individual sports. Let us field as many teams as we can
    Or they can split us up and make us qualify by state. Texas and California would be the main players while Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Illinois would also clean up well. It'd also be interesting for Georgia to compete with Georgia in something.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Maybe one day we'll actually get a challenge from another country. I mean, the middle of the last decade sucked but we were still considered far and away the best b-ball country.

If anyone can shift the balance of power, it's places like Brazil, Canada, Australia, Nigeria, India, China, France and England/Britain, where there's enough racial and athletic diversity to field a great team or just a whole bunch of raw numbers. (Un)fortunately, most of those places care more about some other sport and not much about basketball at all.

So we'll be the standard for the forseeable future.
    I forgot South Africa as well. If only they didn't care about the various codes of football/rugby so much.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You could grow black folks in a pool from birth. The odds will still be against them becoming elite swimmers as much as growing a white person on a track won't make them an elite sprinter.

I don't like biological determinism as much the next guy, but blacks are at physiological disadvantage. I'm just challenging your fetish here, thinking that black athletes would rule anything and everything because they're good at sprinting and jumping.
    Yeah, 6'3" Masai warriors are at a physiological disadvantage b/c they don't have the anaerobic capacity.

David Rudisha has the perfect swimmers body & the anaerobic capacity of a whale:

Anthony Ervin is also half-black & so is Kris Humphries.

The best dutch female swimmer is of Afro-Surinamese descent:

Meanwhile, Whitey has left no stone unturned trying to find a world-class sprinter & can't even beat the Japanese/Chinese.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 08-22-2016 at 12:01 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Final Count

Country G S B TOTAL
    USA 46 37 38 121
    CHN 26 18 26 70
    GBR 27 23 17 67
    RUS 19 18 19 56
    GER 17 10 15 42
    FRA 10 18 14 42