Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    As always, the USA is dominating the medal count at the Olympics, once again showing that they are athletically superior to any country when it comes to a ulative plethora of sporting events that measure both athleticism and skill. The majority of great athletes have been and always will be from the USA.

Cue the anti-American ST crew:
    but, but Soccer
    but, but USA is only good in beisbol and football

Final Medal Count:

Country G S B TOTAL
    USA 46 37 38 121
    CHN 26 18 26 70
    GBR 27 23 17 67
    RUS 19 18 19 56
    GER 17 10 15 42
    FRA 10 18 14 42
    JPN 12 8 21 41
    AUS 8 11 10 29
    ITA 8 12 8 28
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 08-22-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "But, but, Muricans are all fat! They aren't 'chiseled' like all those skinnyfat Eurotrash soccer players!"

Povertyball
    The poverty krew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Water is wet.

In addition:

All time leader in Tennis Grand Slam Majors.

All time leader in boxing world champions.

All time leader in golf major champions.

2nd all time on the Winter Olympic medal count.

Compe ive in ice hockey, volleyball, waterpolo, with multiple gold medals and world les won.

Soccer?

Women's sport here, and the USWNT are the GOATS.

We also flirted with rugby once upon-a-time, and won back-to-back Olympic golds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only pure sports is running and weightlifting. America isn't dominant in either.

Our advantage is organizing, training, population, and other factors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What also irritates the out of me is how these Caribbean sprinters and European swimmers who are beating us go to college here, take advantage of all the world class training facilities a D1 uni provides, and then win gold for their 3rd world country at our expense.

Girl who dove against Felix goes to Georgia.

110 men's hurdler gold medalist. Goes to Arkansas.

Katinka Hosszu, won 3 golds in swimming, went to USC.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What also irritates the out of me is how these Caribbean sprinters and European swimmers who are beating us go to college here, take advantage of all the world class training facilities a D1 uni provides, and then win gold for their 3rd world country at our expense.

Think of it this way: the rest of the world only ever gets medals because America puts in the money and hard work to win it for them. Even when the US loses, we win

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The only pure sports is running and weightlifting. America isn't dominant in either.

Our advantage is organizing, training, population, and other factors
    at two of the most steroid-fueled sports on the planet being the "only pure sports."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think of it this way: the rest of the world only ever gets medals because America puts in the money and hard work to win it for them. Even when the US loses, we win
    Like I always say. The most benevolent superpower to ever exist.

You think China would openly welcome the athletes of other countries into their ping-pong and weightlifting programs?

I don't mind sharing scientific, medical, technological discoveries with the rest of the world. Those things should be "humanity's," but sports isn't life and death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shouldnt you be irritated at the Murican schools who offer them scholarships? Can't fault a kid for accepting a full ride for college tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldnt you be irritated at the Murican schools who offer them scholarships? Can't fault a kid for accepting a full ride for college tbh.
    Of course you can't. But they aren't accepting it to "learn." D1 gives talented 3rd world athlete full ride. 3rd worlder can't pass it up, because D1 training facilities are among the world's best. Athlete wins an olympic medal, which enhances the reputation of the school. Rinse, repeat.

You know me. I'm all about appreciating the person, country, society that GAVE you the chance rather than play "my heritage" cards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you can't. But they aren't accepting it to "learn." D1 gives talented 3rd world athlete full ride. 3rd worlder can't pass it up, because D1 training facilities are among the world's best. Athlete wins an olympic medal, which enhances the reputation of the school. Rinse, repeat.

You know me. I'm all about appreciating the person, country, society that GAVE you the chance rather than play "my heritage" cards.
    Eh you make it seem like those colleges make these athletes. I disagree with that. Those athletes being offered scholarships are already elite. Jamaicans typically dominate short distances so it's definitely possible for Carribean athletes to win without D1 resources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    footsie is a sport for women and children in murica and why its ranked at the bottom tbh

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today's world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are telling me a country the size of a continent, which bombs other countries when needed of some financial boost, is leading the olympics? Shocking

This thread is like the 15 year old boy bragging about beating on his 6 year old brother.

Also:

Olympics
    All the sports jammed in one event, with a whole lot more countries being represented, and still can't beat the WC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are telling me a country the size of a continent, which bombs other countries when needed of some financial boost, is leading the olympics? Shocking

This thread is like the 15 year old boy bragging about beating on his 6 year old brother.
    Basically what the rest of the world is to us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great Britain has built nicely on their 2012 games..outstanding Olympics in variety of sports..neck and neck with China in the medal tables with just few days left

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Also:

Olympics
    All the sports jammed in one event, with a whole lot more countries being represented, and still can't beat the WC.
    Butthurt
    Argentina: 3 medals
    Less medals than Ethiopia, Iran, Cuba, and North Korea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A large part of this year's large number of medals is Russian athletes being barred from compe ion for alleged doping practice. This isnt exclusive to russia either as most of the US compe ion have been forced to excercise practices they have never practiced and in VERY SHORT notice.

The USA is just way more advanced in terms pf hiding their own rampant but way more advanced doping practice. Take Armstrong for instance, he was caught only because of a blower while his Euro conpe io were caught abd most of then during the conpe ion due to a difference in technique in hiding doping.

Also, the US is the richest country in the world..war is very profitable business and middle eastern blood is cheap..with close to 400k people. Only China and India have bigger populations if i an not mistaken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It goes both ways... american take advantage to train with the best of the best... the benefit is clearly shared between guest and host in that case...

and again at third world wordbish

Also in proportion (medals per habitant) Great Britain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Hungaria > USA in the olympics... now to be fair if you take in proportion of healthy citizen (meaning not overweighted whales), yeah USA is clearly number 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A large part of this year's large number of medals is Russian athletes being barred from compe ion for alleged doping practice. This isnt exclusive to russia either as most of the US compe ion have been forced to excercise practices they have never practiced and in VERY SHORT notice.

The USA is just way more advanced in terms pf hiding their own rampant but way more advanced doping practice. Take Armstrong for instance, he was caught only because of a blower while his Euro conpe io were caught abd most of then during the conpe ion due to a difference in technique in hiding doping.

Also, the US is the richest country in the world..war is very profitable business and middle eastern blood is cheap..with close to 400k people. Only China and India have bigger populations if i an not mistaken.
    We're on pace to win less golds this year than in 2012, which featured a full Russian field.

We were also dominating the Olympics way before modern doping practices, so the excuse we're only better because we dope better doesn't hold.

I'm not claiming genetic superiority or anything silly like that, but the reason the US are good at a wide range of sports is because of our geographical size (in most cities, even small and remote ones, there be will a field or court within walking distance and most US residences also have enough space in their yards to play sports), variety of climates, and importance of high school sports (I don't think the rest of the world takes high school sports as seriously as we do. Their junior sports are typically focused on training soccer players it seems).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes both ways... american take advantage to train with the best of the best... the benefit is clearly shared between guest and host in that case...

and again at third world wordbish

Also in proportion (medals per habitant) Great Britain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Hungaria > USA in the olympics... now to be fair if you take in proportion of healthy citizen (meaning not overweighted whales), yeah USA is clearly number 1
    Medals per capita is a silly argument.

There's only a finite number of medals to win and you also can't assume linear growth, that if the Netherlands had 30 times more people they would win 30 times more medals. Returns always diminish. Always.

Per capita also places impossible expectations on larger countries. To match a 10 million populated country that won 5 golds, we'd have to win 160 golds. That ain't happening.

I'd argue they became the "best" after they were trained in the D1 university system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're on pace to win less golds this year than in 2012, which featured a full Russian field.

We were also dominating the Olympics way before modern doping practices, so the excuse we're only better because we dope better doesn't hold.

I'm not claiming genetic superiority or anything silly like that, but the reason the US are good at a wide range of sports is because of our geographical size (in most cities, even small and remote ones, there be will a field or court within walking distance and most US residences also have enough space in their yards to play sports), variety of climates, and importance of high school sports (I don't think the rest of the world takes high school sports as seriously as we do. Their junior sports are typically focused on training soccer players it seems).

The reason why the US is so dominant is because they are rich and have the needed population to utilize the blood resources available. It's simple as that.

It's the same reason why foreign athletes go to the US...not only do they have the money to provide the best training and best facilities in the world, they also have a large population to offer diverse and challenging compe ion.

China is rich but in microscale, their muncipalitoes are really poor. Russia is corrupt and India is obviously super poor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don't buy the per capita bs..

I think population is part of a nations strength. Not the US fault they have more people...not to mention there's still a good percentage of white people in the US that produce a healthy amount of kids, blacks have sex like rabits and dont get me started with mexicans.

In comparison, Their european counterparts..even the poor ones have declining population..no wonder all their women get ed around by middle easter men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason why the US is so dominant is because they are rich and have the needed population to utilize the blood resources available. It's simple as that.

It's the same reason why foreign athletes go to the US...not only do they have the money to provide the best training and best facilities in the world, they also have a large population to offer diverse and challenging compe ion.

China is rich but in microscale, their muncipalitoes are really poor. Russia is corrupt and India is obviously super poor.
    Yes. I agree. And that's what I was implying. Our wealth leads to having houses with big yards, gyms in every city, high schools that have state of the art training facilities, etc, etc. I just hate the "doping" excuse. As if we'd be ineffectual without doping or are dirtier than any other country.

I also think the doping problem is overblown now, for every country. Not a lot of world records are being challenged. Many records from the Cold War Era still stand today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don't buy the per capita bs..

I think population is part of a nations strength. Not the US fault they have more people...not to mention there's still a good percentage of white people in the US that produce a healthy amount of kids, blacks have sex like rabits and dont get me started with mexicans.

In comparison, Their european counterparts..even the poor ones have declining population..no wonder all their women get ed around by middle easter men.
    Do you know what birth control is?

Thread Information