Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a legend. He can play as long as he wants. He made us ring multiple times. If the team starts to content again and his play is detrimental, bench but on the team!

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . This is Bonner all over again.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel the same. Parker's time as a starter is up already. If he is a starter for another 5 years it will be horribe. I also think LaMarcus and Kawhi might end up leaving if the Spurs are not in contention the next 4 years.
    In 4-5 years Aldridge will be present day Pau Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope his body holds up and his game and role continue to evolve. He's one of the all-time great Spurs, so it would be really great if he end's his career as a Spur. Tony has said all the right things publicly, so hope he does it. .

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a legend. He can play as long as he wants. He made us ring multiple times. If the team starts to content again and his play is detrimental, bench but on the team!
    We're a top 4 team. Top 3 next season. We are contending. Wtf lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp, we're ed. No more les for us. The spurs organization needs to start re-thinking this loyalty . We weren't loyal to Bowen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why he would think that. 5 years from now he won't even have the level to be a decent bench player

Of course he'll get way less money and he'll come off the bench whenever Pop decide it. But what's the point of playing this long if you don't have an impact at the end?

I'd rather have him having the Duncan's "until the wheels fall off". And for Parker I think It could already be this season
    that's the thing, POPOVICH WON'T BENCH THIS MF!!! No matter how bad he's playing and ing up a playoff series. He just lets him continue to it up season after season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He always depended on his speed and that has naturally subsided. I'm sure he does want to play as long as Tim and Manu. As long as he will play for less money I'm sure he could play with our second unit for awhile. I think he'll start this year, but I expect Patty to match him in minutes. He has acknowledged his role has changed. Nothing to see here...he wants the Tim and Manu treatment.
    If Parker is this bad now, can u seriously imagine him on an NBA floor, even if it's 5 minutes a game, at 39 years old? Can u seriously see this guy at 39 years old playing pg in the nba for any team?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not popular but I like Parker and hope he can play 5 more years. I would like to see him start two more years and then transition to a bench player. I see no downside to having a former MVP and you team's greatest PG ever stick around for 3 more years to help with the new crop of point guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i can't stand when people bring up how good he used to be to justify him continuing to start.

not only should he be coming off the bench but he needs to change his style of play as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could end up as the elder statesman back-up pg. At something around the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not popular but I like Parker and hope he can play 5 more years. I would like to see him start two more years and then transition to a bench player. I see no downside to having a former MVP and you team's greatest PG ever stick around for 3 more years to help with the new crop of point guards.
    the pg position is by far the DEEPEST in the league. When I say deep, I'm talking DEEP. It's a position in which every night you have to bring it. if parker's numbers are decreasing every season, and he's never been able to consistently guard anyone, what makes you think he's gonna continue to get better? I'm not trying to start an argument or on you, I just want to hear from people who think that a guy that has obviously gotten worse every year is gonna all of a sudden somehow become a better defender and regain his quickness well into his 30s.. I'm all ears..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to bang jessica alba. I don't think its going to ever happen just like parker playing five more years in the nba

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Hopefully PATFO give him the Wade treatment.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    I'm thinking 5 yrs, 90 million dollar extension for the head of the snake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker already said he'll do anything Pop wants, including coming off the bench.

Whatever happens from now on, it's all on Pop.

Don't try to reason with these idiots, man. Waste of your time and energy...

Enjoy, ST.

Good for Tony if his body can hold up 5 more seasons. He'd be 39 years old and coming into his 20th season, so I'm not sure he'll make it.

Pop and the front office need begin find his successor in the starting line-up in earnest soon. Having him start for this upcoming seasons is tolerable only because they have no other options. Hopefully they'll be able to sign or draft the next guy up after this season and Tony can slide right into Manu's role as 6th man.

Not going to get into all the bull from the usual "Kawhi Leonard Circle Jerk/Tony Parker Haters Clubs."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The truth. I am thinking maybe they are hoping to grow Dijon... goes right along with Spurs modus operandi. Now we just have to hope Dijon develops and takes that spot. It won't be handed to him.
    The only problem with your plan is that kid isn't a PG. He is a combo guard and probably better suited playing SG long-term.

He isn't the solution and if he was we'd be talking at least two more seasons of Tony starting. That is not acceptable at his age and this point in his career. They need to find immediate help as soon as next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only problem with your plan is that kid isn't a PG. He is a combo guard and probably better suited playing SG long-term.

He isn't the solution and if he was we'd be talking at least two more seasons of Tony starting. That is not acceptable at his age and this point in his career. They need to find immediate help as soon as next season.
    It's not my plan personally. Its more a general wondering about him and Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not my plan personally. Its more a general wondering about him and Spurs.
    Okay let me rephrase that then. The only problem I see with that plan is that he's a combo guard in the vein of Jamal Crawford.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking 5 yrs, 90 million dollar extension for the head of the snake
    Completely agree. One of the most objective posters on here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully PATFO give him the Wade treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's bluffing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker has had a blessed career, a good career and I'm thankful for what he's done on the court for the Spurs.

However, he's overrated.

In the years Spurs realistically contended for a le, Parker has came up short again and again.

03' he won a ring but couldn't handle competing vs. Kidd and Speedy saved his ass.

04' vs. LA, Tony the bed after game 2 for 4 straight games vs. Payton.

05' He won a ring, but he rode Manu on steroids and TD. Parker was average at best that playoff run, nothing special.

06' Devin Harris. Need I say more?

07' Cherry picked the MVP from Duncan -- who was the MVP for the Suns series and the whole playoff run. Parker benefited and stat padded vs. the matchup he had against Boobie Gibson for 4 games. His Finals MVP doesn't mean much.

08- 10' Spurs were transitioning and didn't have a shot at a le.

11' Mike Conley ate him alive in the 1st round.

12' TP disappeared after game 2 vs. OKC much like the Lakers series in 04'.

13' Went 6 for 23 in game 6 of the Finals and went 3 for 12 in game 7.

14' Greatest Spurs team ever, yes Parker won a ring, but he wasn't a big reason why they won it. He ranked in the bottom half of the team in just about every advanced metric that year.

15' He had a 14' hangover and came into the year 10 pounds over weight. Never improved physically and he the bed the entire 2nd half of the season.

Parker will go down as the best PG in team history but that's not saying much at all. In all honesty, his career would have been like Deron Williams career if it wasn't for TD and Manu.

Any Parker fan boy can point to his PPG all they want, but he doesn't hold Manu or TDs jock in my eyes. Manu and TD are, and forever will be, legends of not just the Spurs but the game of basketball. Parker is, and forever will be, below that.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 08-19-2016 at 04:29 PM.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker has had a blessed career, a good career and I'm thankful for what he's done on the court for the Spurs.

However, he's overrated.

In the years Spurs realistically contended for a le, Parker has came up short again and again.

03' he won a ring but couldn't handle competing vs. Kidd and Speedy saved his ass.

04' vs. LA, Tony the bed after game 2 for 4 straight games vs. Payton.

05' He won a ring, but he rode Manu on steroids and TD. Parker was average at best that playoff run, nothing special.

06' Devin Harris. Need I say more?

07' Cherry picked the MVP from Duncan -- who was the MVP for the Suns series and the whole playoff run. Parker benefited and stat padded vs. the matchup he had against Boobie Gibson for 4 games. His Finals MVP doesn't mean much.

08- 10' Spurs were transitioning and didn't have a shot at a le.

11' Mike Conley ate him alive in the 1st round.

12' TP disappeared after game 2 vs. OKC much like the Lakers series in 04'.

13' Went 6 for 23 in game 6 of the Finals and went 3 for 12 in game 7.

14' Greatest Spurs team ever, yes Parker won a ring, but he wasn't a big reason why they won it. He ranked in the bottom half of the team in just about every advanced metric that year.

15' He had a 14' hangover and came into the year 10 pounds over weight. Never improved physically and he the bed the entire 2nd half of the season.

Parker will go down as the best PG in team history but that's not saying much at all. In all honesty, his career would have been like Deron Williams career if it wasn't for TD and Manu.
    ing truth NUKES. OMG.

Thread Information