Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Believe.
    Post Count
    Yeah well people duck each other in boxing all the time so maybe. Last thing the UFC wants is Conor losing to that guy. He is often injured and boring to watch.
    Injured, I'll give you that. Boring to watch? He ragdolls everyone as if they were 3 weight classes down, I call that entertainment

Post Count
    Injured, I'll give you that. Boring to watch? He ragdolls everyone as if they were 3 weight classes down, I call that entertainment
    Right? You know the filthy casuals just want to see haymakers and people bleed though.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Right? You know the filthy casuals just want to see haymakers and people bleed though.
    Maybe you're right, but it's not like he's John Fitch either.

We'll see what Dana does, but the point is, Khabib deserves it and we all know it.

Post Count

We'll see what Dana does, but the point is, Khabib deserves it and we all know it.
    Absolutely. Hes the best lightweight in the world.

I personally love watching Khabib. It would bring me great joy to watch him ragdoll conor all over the ring.

Post Count

How about Khabib and Tony? Conor takes another one at LW or FW?

Absolutely. Hes the best lightweight in the world.

I personally love watching Khabib. It would bring me great joy to watch him ragdoll conor all over the ring.
    I'm not an MMA fan, boxing fan for over 20 years.

However, I only started recently watching MMA main event whenever I can just for the entertainment, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

I know Conor because of media and he wants to fight Floyd.

I had no clue who this Khabib fella is until you mentioned him on the forum and I youtubed him. He seems like a beast, but from what I saw he is weak at boxing standing up and Conor seems to like boxing.

How about Khabib and Tony? Conor takes another one at LW or FW?
    Khabib/Ferguson is as good as done considering they were supposed to fight each other before Khabib pulled out w/ injury. Conor can just face Nate in a non- le fight at 155 while Nate is relevant.

UFC 209 at Barclays (February) seems like a good card for both fights. Conor isn't going to drop down to 145 & fight Aldo b/c he would have to drain himself at this point.

IMO, Ferguson is the biggest threat to Conor since he's basically a better version of Nate.

Ok I have just seen this Khabib fella grappling with a brown grizzly bear as a child. ROFL

I think I'm done, I have seen enough.

Believe.
    Post Count

However, I only started recently watching MMA main event whenever I can just for the entertainment, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

I had no clue who this Khabib fella is until you mentioned him on the forum and I youtubed him. He seems like a beast, but from what I saw he is weak at boxing standing up and Conor seems to like boxing.
    He is a beast, but he's been injury prone (due to overtraining) and also many fighters try to avoid him so he clearly haven't had the career his record warrants. He is undefeated (24-0 career / 8-0 UFC). That's the best record of anyone in the UFC bar none.

It's true that he isn't an elite boxer, but he's one of the most dominant grapplers in the game. Which is the opposite of Conor whose strength is boxing and weakness is on the ground. That's why it could make an interesting match up, even though since fights start standing up that might be an advantage for Conor (if he can finish Khabib before he takes him down).

Khabib/Ferguson is as good as done considering they were supposed to fight each other before Khabib pulled out w/ injury. Conor can just face Nate in a non- le fight at 155 while Nate is relevant.

UFC 209 at Barclays (February) seems like a good card for both fights. Conor isn't going to drop down to 145 & fight Aldo b/c he would have to drain himself at this point.

IMO, Ferguson is the biggest threat to Conor since he's basically a better version of Nate.
    Khabib would beat Ferguson, but he's been very specific about wanting the le shot next and I agree with him, and don't want him to leave the UFC. Maybe he'll change his mind with a good payday but who knows.

Anyway, Conor is the new lightweight champ and I don't see how a fight against Nate at that weight could be a non- le fight. And Nate certainly doesn't deserve the le shot at 155, especially over Ferguson/Khabib.

Khabib would beat Ferguson, but he's been very specific about wanting the le shot next and I agree with him, and don't want him to leave the UFC. Maybe he'll change his mind with a good payday but who knows.
    Khabib was SUPPOSED to fight Ferguson & whoever wins would be guaranteed a le shots so he can't turn it down. Ferguson has the most wins at 155 since 2013 while Khabib has been the most inactive so Khabib can't claim he deserves a le shot over Tony.

Anyway, Conor is the new lightweight champ and I don't see how a fight against Nate at that weight could be a non- le fight. And Nate certainly doesn't deserve the le shot at 155, especially over Ferguson/Khabib.
    Silva fought Cormier in a non- le bout at LHW so it's possible. Conor was untouched so he should be okay to fight in February.

Post Count

His standup isn't great, but he uses it really well to close the distance and setup his takedowns. When he gets in close enough to start grappeling their isn't anyone in the division who can stop his takedowns.

Lol at Tony Ferguson being Conors bigges threat btw. Your showing your ass.

Conor is never returning to 145. There is no reason for him to, if Jose wants another shot at conor it will have to be at 155.

Khabib will skull Ferguson just like he has everyone else. Realistically the only thing stopping Khabib from running a train on the LW division is staying healthy and the UFC giving him the shot he deserves.

Believe.
    Post Count
    OK, so I slept on it and I see a solution.

Since Conor said he wants to take some time off to have his baby (which apparently is due in May), I could see Ferguson vs Khabib for the lightweight Interim le. That would please everyone:
    - Khabib gets the le fight he's wanted for so long
    - Conor said at the presser that he needs to see Khabib fight more fights to be convinced he's not gonna cancel due to injury
    - The UFC gets another fight with two belts on the line when Conor comes back.

They could do the same at featherweight with Aldo and some other dude as Conor hasn't defended that one for too long as well.

Post Count
    OK, so I slept on it and I see a solution.

Since Conor said he wants to take some time off to have his baby (which apparently is due in May), I could see Ferguson vs Khabib for the lightweight Interim le. That would please everyone:
    - Khabib gets the le fight he's wanted for so long
    - Conor said at the presser that he needs to see Khabib fight more fights to be convinced he's not gonna cancel due to injury
    - The UFC gets another fight with two belts on the line when Conor comes back.

They could do the same at featherweight with Aldo and some other dude as Conor hasn't defended that one for too long as well.
    Khabib isn't interest in a fake belt. Which lets be honest, thats what the interim is. With that said, if the UFC has him fight Ferguson thats what he will do. Hes a professional.

Assuming that Conor vacates the le at 145, I would be shocked if we ever see him at 145 again. Doesn't Aldo already hold the interim? Or was the fight between him and Frankie just for #1 contender. Either way they should have Aldo fight someone for the Featherweight le.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Khabib isn't interest in a fake belt. Which lets be honest, that's what the interim is. With that said, if the UFC has him fight Ferguson thats what he will do. Hes a professional.
    Agreed, I didn't say it was the perfect solution, but if Conor takes time off it's the only solution I can see. That's still a belt around Khabib's waist if he wins, so he might go for it.

Assuming that Conor vacates the le at 145, I would be shocked if we ever see him at 145 again. Doesn't Aldo already hold the interim? Or was the fight between him and Frankie just for #1 contender. Either way they should have Aldo fight someone for the Featherweight le.
    You're right, didn't even remember they already had an interim belt on the line at that UFC 200 fight. Again, an interim belt isn't a great solution but it allows divisions to go on while McGregor does his antics. I agree he doesn't seem interested in 145 at all anymore.

Post Count
    "Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz: Smart businesspeople strike while the iron is hot, and the thought of a McGregor-Diaz trilogy bout with the lightweight championship on the line undoubtedly gets the blood pumping at WME-IMG headquarters. Their current head-to-head series stands at 1-1, as Diaz submitted the Irishman with a rear-naked choke at UFC 196 on March 5 before McGregor rebounded for a majority decision in their rematch at UFC 202 on Aug. 20. Both fights were contested at 170 pounds and left the MMA world wanting more"

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...U7zIqdo03Uw.99

I really expect this fight to be made. And you all want to see it again. You know it.

Post Count
    "Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz: Smart businesspeople strike while the iron is hot, and the thought of a McGregor-Diaz trilogy bout with the lightweight championship on the line undoubtedly gets the blood pumping at WME-IMG headquarters. Their current head-to-head series stands at 1-1, as Diaz submitted the Irishman with a rear-naked choke at UFC 196 on March 5 before McGregor rebounded for a majority decision in their rematch at UFC 202 on Aug. 20. Both fights were contested at 170 pounds and left the MMA world wanting more"

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...U7zIqdo03Uw.99

I really expect this fight to be made. And you all want to see it again. You know it.
    This is probably the fight that will happen as it brings the UFC the most money. I would much rather see Khabib vs McGregor though. I would still obviously watch this fight though as it would be entertaining.

WTF is this! Doesn't let people breath.

Boxing equivalent to Triple G, just relentlessly on you. The other guy wanted out after round 1.

I was wondering if they gave Connor, Woodley's belt so that he would stop complaining. Add that to the tension between Connor and Woodley in those BTS embedded vids:

Post Count
    Would much rather see McGregor/Khabib. Woodleys standup is just so basic, I mean he has fantastic wrestling and awesome power. Very basic standup though. Woodley would be better served using his wrestling more, he is falling a bit to much in love with his standup.

Post Count
    Would much rather see McGregor/Khabib. Woodleys standup is just so basic, I mean he has fantastic wrestling and awesome power. Very basic standup though. Woodley would be better served using his wrestling more, he is falling a bit to much in love with his standup.
    Really I don't see either matchup being that different for Conor. Woodley's standup is better but I think Conor would destroy either of them on their feet, as Woodley is undersized/reach for his division and Conor is massive even at 155, looking at measurements they're both 70" reach so I still see that swaying heavily to Conor as he engages from distance flawlessly and also is a far superior judge of spacing. If Conor keeps either man standing they're going out, and if it gets to the mat, Conor is in trouble and will probably need the bell to save him.

That said, it probably doesn't matter because Wonderboy is getting a rematch for sure. What a striking fight Wonderboy vs. Conor would be -- that would be someone who could give CM problems on his feet.

Btw, a clarification, I don't meant to say Conor is #1 P4P all-time, just #1 at the moment. If Jones was still fighting I would probably say him, but he didn't look great in his single fight back.

Post Count
    Really I don't see either matchup being that different for Conor. Woodley's standup is better but I think Conor would destroy either of them on their feet, as Woodley is undersized/reach for his division and Conor is massive even at 155, looking at measurements they're both 70" reach so I still see that swaying heavily to Conor as he engages from distance flawlessly and also is a far superior judge of spacing. If Conor keeps either man standing they're going out, and if it gets to the mat, Conor is in trouble and will probably need the bell to save him.

That said, it probably doesn't matter because Wonderboy is getting a rematch for sure. What a striking fight Wonderboy vs. Conor would be -- that would be someone who could give CM problems on his feet.

Btw, a clarification, I don't meant to say Conor is #1 P4P all-time, just #1 at the moment. If Jones was still fighting I would probably say him, but he didn't look great in his single fight back.
    Woodley isn't as good at using his stand up to set up takedowns like khabib. Not to mention his top game isn't as good either.

p4p best at the moment is still Mighty Mouse at the moment imo. Or maybe Dom if he can stay active, would love to see a super fight between them

Thread Information