Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Calling ticky tack touch fouls in the closing moments of the game

- Calling a clear no-call (Spanish driver on Patty, who had IN' POSITION) a foul in the last seconds.

Do Euros just love ending all their sports with minigames? Spain won it at FT line in the last moments, much a like floptrot team wins a game with a penalty kick or shootout (which happened again in the floptrot gold medal game).

Disgusting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the idea of changing refing based on the context, is something only americans do and any other country feels is both stupid and takes away from the legitimacy of the sport. Frankly, they are right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a disgusting call and the delay on the call made it even worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - claims FIBA ball is trash
    - is a fan of the San Antonio Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the idea of changing refing based on the context, is something only americans do and any other country feels is both stupid and takes away from the legitimacy of the sport. Frankly, they are right.
    I don't like context based calls either, but I didn't even see Baynes foul Gasol enough to warrant a call.

And the Patty foul was in' highway robbery. Patty had position, was outside the half circle, and the Spaniard was driving into him out of control and they call in' blocking. That's a no call, even in FIBA 99% of the time.

There's no spinning this. Aussies were shafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - claims FIBA ball is trash
    - is a fan of the San Antonio Spurs
    FIBA ball isn't a style of play, Cat er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like context based calls either, but I didn't even see Baynes foul Gasol enough to warrant a call.

And the Patty foul was in' highway robbery. Patty had position, was outside the half circle, and the Spaniard was driving into him out of control and they call in' blocking. That's a no call, even in FIBA 99% of the time.

There's no spinning this. Aussies were shafted.
    that's not really what I'm saying, it's just that if the ref thought it was a foul, then he should call it whether it's the first minute of the game, or the last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not really what I'm saying, it's just that if the ref thought it was a foul, then he should call it whether it's the first minute of the game, or the last.
    I agree, but FIBA refs call way too many touch fouls and are actually a lot more inconsistent with what they let go than NBA refs. Bogut literally couldn't play defense this game.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP with the subtle football attack. Then cries when other users criticize fatball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like an awfully officiated NBA game.

In fact, id love for the NBA to implement the 14 sec shot clock rule if the ball touches the rim and also get rid of interference.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    - Calling ticky tack touch fouls in the closing moments of the game

- Calling a clear no-call (Spanish driver on Patty, who had IN' POSITION) a foul in the last seconds.

Do Euros just love ending all their sports with minigames? Spain won it at FT line in the last moments, much a like floptrot team wins a game with a penalty kick or shootout (which happened again in the floptrot gold medal game).

Disgusting.
    Congrats to Pau for winning a Bronze Medal. He just became the 3rd HOF Spur big man to garner such an honor. Like the Admiral in '88 and Jim in 2004, Pau has provided us visual evidence that unless a Laker is leading the way, chances are not good for winning Gold.

Spurs are the only team in World History to have 3 bigs that cut down NBA championship nets, but also failed to win even a Silver Medal against mostly 3rd world countries.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Maaaaaaaaad!

Koolaid_Man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to Pau for winning a Bronze Medal. He just became the 3rd HOF Spur big man to garner such an honor. Like the Admiral in '88 and Jim in 2004, Pau has provided us visual evidence that unless a Laker is leading the way, chances are not good for winning Gold.

Spurs are the only team in World History to have 3 bigs that cut down NBA championship nets, but also failed to win even a Silver Medal against mostly 3rd world countries.

Which laker is leading the current team USA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP with the subtle football attack. Then cries when other users criticize fatball.
    Basically this. Still salty about Beisbol being garbaaaaahhge

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He retired. Which Spur is leading team USA? Ooohh, that's right...Coach K chose Dr. Dray and Melo over you know who.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He retired. Which Spur is leading team USA? Ooohh, that's right...Coach K chose Dr. Dray and Melo over you know who.
    We are embracing the resistance and had the best players from France, Australia, Spain.

Anyway Kawhi chose not to go bc of girl friend things (and a generally anti spot light at ude). He was picked to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Stars get special treatment, last play gets special treatment. Never got this, but kinda used to it, since Spurs were ed by this a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its "style of play" is set by foreigners. Foreigners that, coincidentally, have made up 70-80% of the Spurs roster in the past decade.

Go drink some bleach.
    Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 08-23-2016 at 02:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotheem!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Its "style of play" is set by foreigners. Foreigners that, coincidentally, have made up 70-80% of the Spurs roster in the past decade.

Go drink some bleach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we had to create a thread each time a NBA game is poorly officiated... we would have 10 threads per day during RS tbh

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if we had to create a thread each time a NBA game is poorly officiated... we would have 10 threads per day during RS tbh
    Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Thread Information