Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm encouraged by the Gasol sighting.

I'm discouraged by how bad Garino was.

But then again, it's the Olympics so random good guys and a bunch of dudes who play in China and Euroleagues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff Dex - cheers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, some want Tony off the team and don't care if he starts. That would be a real disaster with him at PG, I agree.
    Bingo bango.

I appreciate Tony for all that he has done, but we can all agree that he is not the player he used to be. There are certainly better point guard options out there...but none of them are available at this point in time, and they are certainly not already on the Spurs roster.

Mills is great, but like Manu...his play doesn't fit with the starting unit. Coming off the bench gives him freedom to play to his strength, which is a green light to shoot.

For all his faults, Parker knows the system, can run the offense, and at least acts like a threat as a scorer. He could afford to take his aggressiveness back a bit, but hey...nobody is perfect. Unless Murray can breakout in a similar fashion to the way Tony did, Parker is the best knife to bring to a gun fight that we have.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo bango.

I appreciate Tony for all that he has done, but we can all agree that he is not the player he used to be. There are certainly better point guard options out there...but none of them are available at this point in time, and they are certainly not already on the Spurs roster.

Mills is great, but like Manu...his play doesn't fit with the starting unit. Coming off the bench gives him freedom to play to his strength, which is a green light to shoot.

For all his faults, Parker knows the system, can run the offense, and at least acts like a threat as a scorer. He could afford to take his aggressiveness back a bit, but hey...nobody is perfect. Unless Murray can breakout in a similar fashion to the way Tony did, Parker is the best knife to bring to a gun fight that we have.
    More like a reverse shotgun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he was too scared to go up against the Americans, so he "rested."
    yeah that was scared. He knew they were gonna go at him as they have all season so he "rested". I'm not shocked one bit.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that was scared. He knew they were gonna go at him as they have all season so he "rested". I'm not shocked one bit.
    Didn't have Kawhi to save his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony with a higher BPM than Ginobili or Mills. Why leave Tony being a better net positive than the others out of the analysis, especially for you "advanced" stats guys or the fact that he hit the game winner against the silver medal team? Oh right, it doesn't fit the agenda.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for argument's sake. You believe in advance stats now? If not, why bring it up. You just defeated everything you defended about Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching garino's olympic performances i would prefer that he gets cut in training camp and allocated to the toros. I wouldnt tie up the 15th spot for him at this point. A really good training camp is needed for me to change my opinion.

He can become a rotational player with some more development. Just think he has a year or more work to put in to stick in the league.

In his defense though, they just parked him in the corner for the most part and wasnt really included or involved in the offense by design it seemed, so maybe he can show more of his skills in the training camp environment. That was a fairwell tour for delfino, nocioni, scola and manu and it showed. Delfino was garbage for the most part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for argument's sake. You believe in advance stats now? If not, why bring it up. You just defeated everything you defended about Tony.
    No, I think +/- is misleading, especially when comparing starters and bench players. The reason I bring it up is to show that because there are so many advanced stats, you can pretty much argue any combination of them to support whatever narrative you want to assert. In this case, BPM was left off because it didn't fit the agenda and so raw stats were used. In other cases (when Ginobili & Mills have bad raw stats), certain advanced stats are used.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I think +/- is misleading, especially when comparing starters and bench players. The reason I bring it up is to show that because there are so many advanced stats, you can pretty much argue any combination of them to support whatever narrative you want to assert. In this case, BPM was left off because it didn't fit the agenda and so raw stats were used. In other cases (when Ginobili & Mills have bad raw stats), certain advanced stats are used.
    I take that back. Average plus minus is not an advance stats. It doesn't take into account anything really.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Dex is trying to mislead anyone. You are welcome to interpret what you see.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using raw totals porker was terrible compared to Patty Thrills .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Dex is trying to mislead anyone. You are welcome to interpret what you see.
    I agree it is a pretty fair analysis outside of not mentioning Parker's game winner against the silver medal team in his analysis or being the best player for France while DeColo chucked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using raw totals porker was terrible compared to Patty Thrills .
    Not really when you consider Patty didn't have any assists and shot worse than Parker from the field. He did have more PPG though.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really when you consider Patty didn't have any assists and shot worse than Parker from the field. He did have more PPG though.
    If you use ts% patty probably shot better.

And Patty wrecked France while Parker was trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand the TP haters. Guy had good stats and played very solid, good even, for his minutes and in light of his age and expectations. He played within himself, which is exactly what the Spurs need.

But I have since figured out the crew is comprised of ignorant and autistic millennial posters who haven't read a book in their lives, so it makes sense.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if you're gonna compare mills and parker... keep in mind:

-patty dropped 30 on 50% shooting against the best compe ion (the us)
    -tony sat out the game against the us

-one of tony's better games was against some of the worst compe ion (venezuela)
    -patty sat out the game against venezuela

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand the TP haters. Guy had good stats and played very solid, good even, for his minutes and in light of his age and expectations. He played within himself, which is exactly what the Spurs need.

But I have since figured out the crew is comprised of ignorant and autistic millennial posters who haven't read a book in their lives, so it makes sense.
    Top 5 poster tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it is a pretty fair analysis outside of not mentioning Parker's game winner against the silver medal team in his analysis or being the best player for France while DeColo chucked.
    I'm one of the few Parker defenders still around here, and I also felt my analysis was pretty fair. I mentioned that he was pretty good in the time he spent on the floor, but his role is definitely diminishing for France and there is a reason for that. If Parker were still the player he used to be, he would've played more than 22 minutes per game.

However, he did play within himself and was a net positive for his team, and that's all that any reasonable Spurs fan would ask for from Tony this season.

I did neglect to mention the game-winner against Serbia, which was super clutch and bailed out France after a poor and broken possession. Parker does have the ability to hit clutch shots as we've seen in the past, and that is to his credit. However, that game was far from perfect...if Parker HADN'T hit that shot, he would've finished the game with 4 points, 2 assists, and 3 turnovers. He also threw an ill-advised and poor lob pass to Batum in the waning seconds that gave Serbia one last gasp when he should've just ran out the clock.

All told, I'm not trying to tout any agenda....just making the observations that came to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty shooting 3's under 35% and Manu even worse is not a good sign.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty shooting 3's under 35% and Manu even worse is not a good sign.
    Porker shooting in the playoffs is trash compared to Patty. Hit me up with the ts% average the last 3 years. K thanks.

You Enrique fans.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for hitting us up with some knowledge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zero shot at anything

Thread Information