Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If there's anyone in the world that thinks Tony Parker didn't more than live up to that contract in 2004, I'm sure they reside on Spurstalk.
    He's your whipping boy, your ready made excuse. He was roundly designated a few years ago. That way Duncan is safe and The Pile is safe, Pop too. It was an easy choice:::he's foreign, France being an added bonus, so at default it's like he doesn't even know "you're" talking about him. And he's short, and after a fashion diminutive, so that lends nicely to his damnation. "Oh, Duncan's wife s directly in our face in the middle of the '13 Finals? Blame it on that fat little French fellow." --- "Oh, Manu can't fool all of the referees all of the time anymore in the middle of the '16 Playoffs? Blame it on that fatter little French guy." --- "Oh, Diaw went back to Phoenix seed in the middle of the '15 Playoffs? Blame on it his tiny fatso French friend."

The Pile wouldn't take the abuse for a second. He's American, just borned in the wrong spot on earth. Diaw, no, they tried to railroad him here and he nearly torched the arena.

You nockers act like you're some holy than though fanbase. You're just as petty, and piss pot and stove up as the next asshole base in the line.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's your whipping boy, your ready made excuse. He was roundly designated a few years ago. That way Duncan is safe and The Pile is safe, Pop too. It was an easy choice:::he's foreign, France being an added bonus, so at default it's like he doesn't even know "you're" talking about him. And he's short, and after a fashion diminutive, so that lends nicely to his damnation. "Oh, Duncan's wife s directly in our face in the middle of the '13 Finals? Blame it on that fat little French fellow." --- "Oh, Manu can't fool all of the referees all of the time anymore in the middle of the '16 Playoffs? Blame it on that fatter little French guy." --- "Oh, Diaw went back to Phoenix seed in the middle of the '15 Playoffs? Blame on it his tiny fatso French friend."

The Pile wouldn't take the abuse for a second. He's American, just borned in the wrong spot on earth. Diaw, no, they tried to railroad him here and he nearly torched the arena.

You nockers act like you're some holy than though fanbase. You're just as petty, and piss pot and stove up as the next asshole base in the line.
    So...you agree with me then.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So...you agree with me then.
    No, I'm just calling ass. A spade a spade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Oh, Manu can't fool all of the referees all of the time anymore in the middle of the '16 Playoffs?
    Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, I apologized to Kevin Love a long time ago for that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's anyone in the world that thinks Tony Parker didn't more than live up to that contract in 2004, I'm sure they reside on Spurstalk. And considering what Mike Conley's making, I think I'd disagree with you on that last point.
    I'm not saying 04 Parker signing wasn't still a good value at that time. I'm saying that when the guy is signing for the same amount as guys like Nash and taking more than Manu, let's not say this guy is signing below market value. And I am saying that his recent contract was something of a legacy contract.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.
    Yea, you took a up the ass; and now you're not the only got here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm just calling ass. A spade a spade.
    Um ... Nope. No idea what the you mean. I'm going to start calling you Infinite Monkey, because the you type is random.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Um ... Nope. No idea what the you mean. I'm going to start calling you Infinite Monkey, because the you type is random.
    Then we'll dance, mother er.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yea, you took a up the ass; and now you're not the only got here.
    They were selling your .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your .
    Autism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying 04 Parker signing wasn't still a good value at that time. I'm saying that when the guy is signing for the same amount as guys like Nash and taking more than Manu, let's not say this guy is signing below market value. And I am saying that his recent contract was something of a legacy contract.
    I went back and found one article about it.

Deadline near, talks end

While Parker did indeed not sign quietly, he did end up taking less than he could have gotten. He took ten million less than Richard Jefferson, for God's sake. So you pretty much have to say that his contract was far below market value at the time. If he'd gone to be a RFA the next year, he could have gotten the max. While this current contract is kind of a thank you, he didn't have to put the team over a barrel like Manu did to get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure where that opinion comes from. I certainly don't remember money ever coming up as an issue with him. , I don't even remember Parker talking to other teams when he was a free agent, though I'm sure it had to happen at least once. From what I remember, he's always signed contracts that are market or below, and he does them quickly and quietly and has nothing but praise for the organization and the team. By any measure, he's nearly without question the most loyal player in the history of the franchise. He's sacrificed his numbers for the betterment of the team his entire career, and it will take a bit more than the Jack's ramblings on the radio to change my mind.
    Because he's never been a free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's never been a free agent.
    And since he didn't sign a 15 year contract, that means he always signs his contracts quickly.

Thread Information