Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could the Spurs get for Mills if he's tradable under his current contract? What would it cost if the Spurs just released him? I only ask since TP's days may be numbered?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure he's tradeable. He's a productive player in a cheap contract, but the Spurs won't be able to take that much back in salary. I doubt Mills (or anybody else in the team) is up for trade.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure he's tradeable. He's a productive player in a cheap contract, but the Spurs won't be able to take that much back in salary. I doubt Mills (or anybody else in the team) is up for trade.
    I'm not sure how trades work, but I'm surprised that Mills wouldn't want to get with a team for more $ like his Aussie teammate Delly on sub par team. After all, both have rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality thread. Will recommend to family and friends. Also bookmarking so I can use it as a muse down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to go with Murray as only PG? smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how trades work, but I'm surprised that Mills wouldn't want to get with a team for more $ like his Aussie teammate Delly on sub par team. After all, both have rings.
    He loves the team and they love him. He will want to get paid and he will get paid this summer, by the Spurs. With Manu likely retiring, the Spurs can afford to pay him, his role will increase, both in scoring and relevance, considering the rest of the bench is really young. He's not incompatible with Murray, who like Ginobili is a tall guard who likes to slash anyways. I don't think he's incompatible with the future Spurs. And the question of Murray won't be answered yet. I tend to think he will remain a Spur.

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    Side note: will this be the first time in recent memory that the Spurs go into the season without a true third PG? I realize it is Murray's role by default right now, but usually our third PG (McCallum, Joseph, Quinn) has been someone that Pop relied on to start or play big minutes on Tony's nights off. I think Pop might actually have a stroke if Murray checked into an NBA game for important minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Side note: will this be the first time in recent memory that the Spurs go into the season without a true third PG? I realize it is Murray's role by default right now, but usually our third PG (McCallum, Joseph, Quinn) has been someone that Pop relied on to start or play big minutes on Tony's nights off. I think Pop might actually have a stroke if Murray checked into an NBA game for important minutes.
    I haven't been a Spur fan for that long a time, I started following the Spurs when the trusty CoJo was in the team. You are right, in fact when Ray showed that he needed more time to understand the offense, he was sent to the dleague. You know who was playing PG in garbage time? Kyle Anderson. I'll let everyone make piecemeal of that one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could the Spurs get for Mills if he's tradable under his current contract? What would it cost if the Spurs just released him? I only ask since TP's days may be numbered?
    I am sure he is very tradeable, just not for what the Spurs would need right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he doesn't have a "no trade" clause in his contract, so yes he is trade able under his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Pop is going to throw Murray into the fire more than once this season. It depends on how he responds to coaching during TC and preseason, imo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality thread. Will recommend to family and friends. Also bookmarking so I can use it as a muse down the road.
    This thread changed my life.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure he is very tradeable, just not for what the Spurs would need right now.
    Pretty much this. If the Spurs were to trade Mills, it would have to involve bringing back a PG. In that case, why would the other team want Mills?

The only scenario I can see is if RC and Pop decide that Parker can't start anymore, and they package Mills with someone else (Duncan's contract perhaps) and a sweetener for an upgrade at PG. That would then take the Spurs out of the conversation for Chris Paul or Kyle Lowry next summer or Westbrook in 2018, assuming the player they get back isn't just a one-season rental.

I know this has been hashed over here before, but I'm having trouble coming up with PGs in the right salary range that the Spurs could actually get. Bledsoe and Knight in Phoenix are likely available, but their contracts severely limit the Spurs' upcoming flexibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus why the would you want to trade Patty when he is that cheap for what he brings?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus why the would you want to trade Patty when he is that cheap for what he brings?
    You would trade him because you have 2 backup PG right now, and none of them can start.
    But as said before, right now the marker doesn´t have the players we need for the right price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this. If the Spurs were to trade Mills, it would have to involve bringing back a PG. In that case, why would the other team want Mills?

The only scenario I can see is if RC and Pop decide that Parker can't start anymore, and they package Mills with someone else (Duncan's contract perhaps) and a sweetener for an upgrade at PG. That would then take the Spurs out of the conversation for Chris Paul or Kyle Lowry next summer or Westbrook in 2018, assuming the player they get back isn't just a one-season rental.

I know this has been hashed over here before, but I'm having trouble coming up with PGs in the right salary range that the Spurs could actually get. Bledsoe and Knight in Phoenix are likely available, but their contracts severely limit the Spurs' upcoming flexibililty.
    Not really.

The only way Spurs trade Mills is if Murray proves to be a solid player that's ready for 15-20 minutes this year. If Murray proves this by the trade deadline, I can see Spurs trading Mills to a playoff team out East like the Hawks for a 1st round pick.

Considering what Dellavedova got paid this past summer, Mills' market value next year should be around 9 million per after this season. Spurs wouldn't be wise allocating that much money to a back up PG since they'll have Murray playing for pennies for the next 4 years. If Murray is the real deal and deserves playing time, its better to get something in return for Mills, before letting him walk for nothing in the off-season.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure McCallum and Quinn rarely if ever played an important minute as a Spur, and Joseph probably didn't until 2014 when the third unit was so good.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why would you want to trade your best PG?

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y, y, and y u wan 2 trade him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade your best PG? Very clever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep Mills. He is a solid backup SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you want to trade your best PG?
    Are you saying our best PG averages less than 2 APG for his career? Wow.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are you saying our best PG averages less than 2 APG for his career? Wow.
    That doesn't really mean much when he's never been given full reign of the offense tbh (I'm sure a certain selfish teammate of his has nothing to do with that )

Thread Information