Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never see him struggle.

Per 36 minutes. Bolded is Turnovers. RS
    4 Tony Parker 33 72 72 1980 6.4 12.9 .493 0.5 1.2 .415 5.9 11.7 .501 2.4 3.1 .760 0.3 2.9 3.2 6.9 1.0 0.2 2.4 2.1 15.6
    5 Patrick Mills 27 81 3 1662 5.6 13.3 .425 2.7 6.9 .384 3.0 6.3 .469 1.0 1.3 .810 0.6 2.8 3.4 4.9 1.3 0.1 1.6 2.2 14.9

Turnover % RS

4 Tony Parker 33 72 1980 16.2 .546 .092 .241 1.0 8.8 5.1 29.1 1.4 0.4 14.3 21.2 2.9 2.9 5.8 .142 0.4 -0.3 0.1 1.0
    5 Patrick Mills 27 81 1662 14.6 .541 .523 .095 1.9 8.7 5.4 20.1 1.8 0.3 10.7 19.7 2.2 2.6 4.8 .139 2.1 -0.4 1.7 1.6

Playoffs per 36
    4 Tony Parker 33 10 10 264 6.0 13.4 .449 0.5 2.2 .250 5.5 11.2 .488 1.6 1.9 .857 0.1 2.9 3.0 7.2 0.8 0.3 2.5 2.0 14.2
    8 Patrick Mills 27 10 0 167 5.0 11.4 .434 2.8 7.8 .361 2.2 3.7 .588 1.5 2.4 .636 0.0 3.0 3.0 4.3 1.5 0.0 1.7 0.6 14.2

Playoffs %

4 Tony Parker 33 10 264 14.3 .499 .163 .143 0.5 8.7 4.8 31.4 1.2 0.6 14.7 21.6 0.2 0.3 0.4 .079 0.7 -1.5 -0.9 0.1
    8 Patrick Mills 27 10 167 15.2 .571 .679 .208 0.0 9.1 4.8 17.9 2.2 0.0 12.2 18.4 0.2 0.2 0.4 .124 3.7 -1.1 2.6 0.2

Seems like he turns it over less than Tony. Guess there goes playmaking and securing the ball. But he shouldn't be in there instead of Tony because Tony keeps the ball safe right?
    When players have the ball less and have less play-making responsibilities, assists and turnovers will go down because of common sense. Do you have common sense? Not sure if you do.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When players have the ball less and have less play-making responsibilities, assists and turnovers will go down because of common sense. Do you have common sense? Not sure if you do.
    They had similar usage and play making responsibilities stupid. Where was Tony doing all this supposed "playmaking" I didn't see?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills probably isn't going anywhere. He's not only well liked and provides much need bench scoring/volume three-point shooting, but with various culture carriers either gone or about to be, they'll likely place a premium on that.

Murray is probably more than a year away from being in the rotation. Him and/or his agent will probably complain by midway through year 2, but the front office probably won't care.

Unless Simmons turns into a high percentage, volume three-point shooter, him and Murray would be a terrible fit offensively. If he gets a massive raise next summer, it probably won't be from the Spurs.

At this writing, I'd guess that 5 of the 6 back court spots in '17-'18 are as follows: Parker, Green, Mills, Teodosic, Murray.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep in mind, wherever Paddy ends up next year, Manu won't be around to make him look good.
    Patty is straight cash offense. In fact he should have taken more shots but he elected to pass to his bench teammates while also being labeled a chucker on here. Although you take 58TS% anytime of the day in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had similar usage and play making responsibilities stupid. Where was Tony doing all this supposed "playmaking" I didn't see?
    Parker had a higher usage rate than Mills. Always has. But even if Mills had a higher usage or the same, usage gives no indication on how a player was utilized to get off a shot. Field goals and field goal attempts are two of the three important variables when computing usage. Those variables don't tell the whole story. In this case, with Mills and Parker, Parker gets his shots more from his own play-making. Mills has and always will get off most his field goals off someone else's playmaking. Now go get your shinebox again and shine my shoes please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills probably isn't going anywhere. He's not only well liked and provides much need bench scoring/volume three-point shooting, but with various culture carriers either gone or about to be, they'll likely place a premium on that.

Murray is probably more than a year away from being in the rotation. Him and/or his agent will probably complain by midway through year 2, but the front office probably won't care.

Unless Simmons turns into a high percentage, volume three-point shooter, him and Murray would be a terrible fit offensively. If he gets a massive raise next summer, it probably won't be from the Spurs.

At this writing, I'd guess that 5 of the 6 back court spots in '17-'18 are as follows: Parker, Green, Mills, Teodosic, Murray.
    I'm allowed to disagree. So I'll disagree.

At this writing, I'm guessing the 5 of 6 back court spots will be: Parker, Green, Murray, Hanga, A Free agent or a Rookie.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker had a higher usage rate than Mills. Always has. But even if Mills had a higher usage or the same, usage gives no indication on how a player was utilized to get off a shot. Field goals and field goal attempts are two of the three important variables when computing usage. Those variables don't tell the whole story. In this case, with Mills and Parker, Parker gets his shots more from his own play-making. Mills has and always will get off most his field goals off someone else's playmaking. Now go get your shinebox again and shine my shoes please.
    Yeah Patty actually is the one that can get his shot off more effortless without a teammate. Do you watch the Spurs at all?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Patty is straight cash offense. In fact he should have taken more shots but he elected to pass to his bench teammates while also being labeled a chucker on here. Although you take 58TS% anytime of the day in the playoffs.
    Except, posters are arguing that he's not a playmaker in the sense that he doesn't make the players around him better and your only counterpoint is to bring up his shooting ability which nobody here is questioning. And while Paddy is straight up cash on offense, he's straight up spin cycle on defense. He's not worth the 8-10 million investment it will probably take to keep him in a Spurs uniform. Shooters are a dime a dozen and if you're going to pay that kind of price tag, you might as well find somebody a little more well-rounded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm allowed to disagree. So I'll disagree.

At this writing, I'm guessing the 5 of 6 back court spots will be: Parker, Green, Murray, Hanga, A Free agent or a Rookie.
    Is that what you think will happen, want to happen or both? The biggest mistake people make with predictions, is conflating one with the other.

The cap goes up again one final time next year, but using Augustin (4/$29M) and Moore (4/$34.6M) as a baseline, I'll say Mills gets something in that neighborhood. I wouldn't even be surprised if he takes a slight discount to stay.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except, posters are arguing that he's not a playmaker in the sense that he doesn't make the players around him better and your only counterpoint is to bring up his shooting ability which nobody here is questioning. And while Paddy is straight up cash on offense, he's straight up spin cycle on defense. He's not worth the 8-10 million investment it will probably take to keep him in a Spurs uniform. Shooters are a dime a dozen and if you're going to pay that kind of price tag, you might as well find somebody a little more well-rounded.
    I still laugh every time you reply to me. Do you still remember the you used to post?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I still laugh every time you reply to me. Do you still remember the you used to post?
    The feeling is mutual. It's so impressive watching a poster come up with answers to questions nobody asked. Also, I don't think I've ever witnessed another user come into a thread and misuse stats as spectacularly as you have on a regular basis. It's quite uncanny.

Have you ever been so bored with yourself that you end up watching a show on television that is so unfunny and laughably bad that you can't take your eyes off it? That's kind of how I feel about a dabom post. I know it's going to be unfunny, unoriginal, mostly stereotypical and regurgitated with grammatical and syntax errors as far as the eye can see. However, I can't help but take my eyes off of them because they're so bad, they're good. And sometimes it's funny watching someone talk about something of which he knows very little about, argue with forumers for hours about it and then claims victory after everybody gives up trying to knock some sense into him.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 08-25-2016 at 06:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should trade oxygen for carbon monoxide.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.

The only way Spurs trade Mills is if Murray proves to be a solid player that's ready for 15-20 minutes this year. If Murray proves this by the trade deadline, I can see Spurs trading Mills to a playoff team out East like the Hawks for a 1st round pick.

Considering what Dellavedova got paid this past summer, Mills' market value next year should be around 9 million per after this season. Spurs wouldn't be wise allocating that much money to a back up PG since they'll have Murray playing for pennies for the next 4 years. If Murray is the real deal and deserves playing time, its better to get something in return for Mills, before letting him walk for nothing in the off-season.
    Hey, SAgirl

From 8/25/16.. 1st page.. tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, SAgirl

Roger that!
    Pop not playing Murray once he got Tony back is telling. It doesn't make sense to reup Mills if they want to open up playing time for Murray though. I tend to think they stand pat this season... though who knows? RC can be taking up calls about trade offers and nothing come out of it. I don't think he's untradeable, but do tend to think they value him for this season and are getting ready to let him go over the summer if they can't keep him.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, SAgirl

You don't get rep for posting a "what if" scenario.

You get rep saying something like "Start Murray" as soon as he is drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nobody cares about your rep except you ...
    does anybody care?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If fathead proves to be a good backup to Kawhi..." I can keep playing that game.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anybody care?
    You look like a headless chicken if you're never right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude...anytime any point guard walks through the door, you start him.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude...anytime any point guard walks through the door, you start him.
    I ain't starting forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at one, maybe two more years of Tony and Manu. If Paddy is sent packing then who will be left to run the offense other than an untested kid? Better plan on George Hill or Cojo returning and don't reallly see that happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at one, maybe two more years of Tony and Manu. If Paddy is sent packing then who will be left to run the offense other than an untested kid? Better plan on George Hill or Cojo returning and don't reallly see that happening.
    Patty doesn't run the offense. He feeds off of Manu when he's out there. He's a shooting guard in a PG's body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anybody care?
    Got em

Thread Information