Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares what Cruz says? Since when is he the authority on anyone's motives? All we've heard all year is how politically correct the country is getting and as soon as someone goes against the grain the sky is falling. It's OK for our Presidential candidates to tear down the country and say whatever they want about anyone but a ty football player can't express his views peacefully?
    what he says matters as much as what you think on the subject
    just because you disagree with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are delusional.
    Been a boss since 2000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like i said on page 1, he has the right to protest and be a dip . the right to dissent, protest is part of what makes america great, even if the premise behind the protest is moronic.

that doesnt make him less of a dip , though

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Trump doesn't think America is great
    That was the joke.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    like i said on page 1, he has the right to protest and be a dip . the right to dissent, protest is part of what makes america great, even if the premise behind the protest is moronic.

that doesnt make him less of a dip , though
    I support his right to protest while watching him cost himself his career. He was already a toxic teammate before this and this may be the nail in the coffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Saturday, former Broncos tight end Joel Dreessen initially reacted by tweeting that he would “stomp” Kaepernick’s toes with his cleats to force him to stand up. Dreessen later backpedaled away from his original comment, clarifying that he believes Kaepernick is doing “the right thing the wrong way.”

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I support his right to protest while watching him cost himself his career. He was already a toxic teammate before this and this may be the nail in the coffin.
    And If he performs this whole thing might be forgotten. A deep playoff run and a great year could possibly even get him more support for his individuality. Success in one area leads can lead to admiration another. Or vice versa. The public is so fllpn fickle.

It's fun now because he has found another way to ostracize himself. I really doubt if he gives a one way or another. He probably has not given the situation of blacks in the US much thought at all which is why this is so amusing. It's not like he is Karl Marx making a statement so that people will read his manuscripts concerning mixed societies and democracy.

Its strange that people even care about the political thoughts of entertainers." I can scramble in the pocket, let's talk voter ID law."
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-28-2016 at 05:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And If he performs this whole thing will be forgotten.

It's fun now because he has found another way to ostracize himself. I really doubt if he gives a one way or another. He probably has not given the situation of blacks in the US much thought at all which is why this is so amusing. It's not like he is Karl Marx making a statement so that people will read his manuscripts concerning mixed societies and democracy.

Its strange that people even care about the political thoughts of entertainers." I can scramble in the pocket, let's talk voter ID law."
    ive seen singers/musicians get booed off the stage when they start talking politics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting context for "The Star-Spangled Banner"

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/28/...on-of-slavery/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump doesn't think America is great
    im still trying to figure out when we were the greatest or even great, and how we are in such dire straits now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive seen singers/musicians get booed off the stage when they start talking politics
    Yes.

Because people want to hear their music most likely. You pay money for 3 hrs of music, not lectures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last attempt to stay relevant before he's outta the league. PR move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY Giants Send LOUD Message To America After Kaepernick Refuses To Stand for National Anthem

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.c...iants-message/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/0...es-change.html
    Last edited by ducks; 08-28-2016 at 09:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could also learn a few lessons from New York Jets running back Rashad Jennings, who accurately explained to the New York Daily News that the national anthem not only represents freedom from slavery, but also pays tribute to the hundreds of thousands who sacrificed their lives in the Civil War:

I’m an optimist. I figure if it was the intention of our founding fathers to keep America a nation of slaves, then it wouldn’t have chosen a song where all four verses end with ‘the land of the free and the home of the brave’ instead of ‘land of the free, home of the slave.’

Exactly. Yes, America began as a nation of slaves, but because of amazing leaders such a Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr., the United States of America now stands tall and proud as the freest nation on Earth, bar none!

We are an exceptional nation, ladies and gentlemen — but apparently, NFL superstar Colin Kaepernick has forgotten this …

Dude signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000. In 2016, Kaepernick will earn a base salary of $11,900,000, a roster bonus of $2,000,000 and a workout bonus of $400,000. Kaepernick has a cap hit of $15,890,753 while his dead money value is $19,697,260, according to Spotrac.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darkwing Duck on a patriotic rampage.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand, ducks. I thought you wanted to Make America Great Again. How is it that a pro athlete's refusal to stand for the national anthem of an ungreat nation is a crisis of serious importance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a proper place to do that. He made it all about him. I do appreciate he did not destroy property or people. He made it all about him. Why not give a speech like mj did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so ducks wants Kaep to do the PC thing and stand for the anthem

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And If he performs this whole thing might be forgotten. A deep playoff run and a great year could possibly even get him more support for his individuality. Success in one area leads can lead to admiration another. Or vice versa. The public is so fllpn fickle.

Pretty much this. Americans are a lot more receptive to winners--especially African-American fans, who are notorious front-runners when it comes to athletes and teams. A ty player's agenda has a finite shelf-life in the public eye. Just ask Michael Sam, another guy(?) who also used his agenda to overlook his tiness.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He could also learn a few lessons from New York Jets running back Rashad Jennings, who accurately explained to the New York Daily News that the national anthem not only represents freedom from slavery, but also pays tribute to the hundreds of thousands who sacrificed their lives in the Civil War:

I’m an optimist. I figure if it was the intention of our founding fathers to keep America a nation of slaves, then it wouldn’t have chosen a song where all four verses end with ‘the land of the free and the home of the brave’ instead of ‘land of the free, home of the slave.’

Exactly. Yes, America began as a nation of slaves, but because of amazing leaders such a Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr., the United States of America now stands tall and proud as the freest nation on Earth, bar none!

We are an exceptional nation, ladies and gentlemen — but apparently, NFL superstar Colin Kaepernick has forgotten this

Dude signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000. In 2016, Kaepernick will earn a base salary of $11,900,000, a roster bonus of $2,000,000 and a workout bonus of $400,000. Kaepernick has a cap hit of $15,890,753 while his dead money value is $19,697,260, according to Spotrac.
    It's easy to forget with the current state of affairs in politics. We have people getting angry over a trivial football player not standing up for the national anthem and saying that it's disrespectful but at the same time we have millions of idiots cheering and supporting a Presidential candidate that proposed a Muslim ban on the country while spitting in the face of thousands of Muslim Americans who have served, are serving or have died in our armed forces. And these Muslim Americans in our military are supposed to be fighting for "freedom" and "freedom" of religion, except their own I guess This country can be so backwards and hypocritical at times it's unbelievable. I'm willing to bet a lot of the NFL fans who are hardcore Trump supporters that think they're ultra-patriotic with their "rah rah, we support the troops" bull are too stupid to see the hypocrisy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to forget with the current state of affairs in politics. We have people getting angry over a trivial football player not standing up for the national anthem and saying that it's disrespectful but at the same time we have millions of idiots cheering and supporting a Presidential candidate that proposed a Muslim ban on the country while spitting in the face of thousands of Muslim Americans who have served, are serving or have died in our armed forces. And these Muslim Americans in our military are supposed to be fighting for "freedom" and "freedom" of religion, except their own I guess This country can be so backwards and hypocritical at times it's unbelievable. I'm willing to bet a lot of the NFL fans who are hardcore Trump supporters that think they're ultra-patriotic with their "rah rah, we support the troops" bull are too stupid to see the hypocrisy.
    fact check would give you a "pants on fire" for that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    fact check would give you a "pants on fire" for that one.
    No, they wouldn't.

A piece of who's never served a day in his life calling to ban all Muslims from the country while not giving a damn about the thousands who are serving this country every day. And his dip supporters cheer this because they're a bunch of cowards who are afraid of their own shadows. As soon as a little adversity comes their way they tuck their tails and abandon what they think makes the country so "great". American exceptionalism at its finest

Thread Information