Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His stats were video game mode. , he even looks like a video game caricature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOLY THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING IVE SEEN ALL MONTH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmmfao..... this shot almost made me crash laughing so hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will always love Boban #no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban is about to tear up this season in Detroit. PATFO is about to regret their decision to let him walk. He's going to be an All-Star alongside Drummond in Detroit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gots popping wood over a recycled video, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban is about to tear up this season in Detroit. PATFO is about to regret their decision to let him walk. He's going to be an All-Star alongside Drummond in Detroit.
    # ChumpDumper'sShadow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once dedmon hits the first dunk y'all will be begging for him to start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea how Boban will fare, stepping out from under Pop's stubborn shadow. However, l am very curious to see.

I will never forget Pop's adamant refusal to play Boban against OKC when it mattered, sticking with the undersized duo of West and Diaw until it was too late, and he had already thrown the series.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea how Boban will fare, stepping out from under Pop's stubborn shadow. However, l am very curious to see.

I will never forget Pop's adamant refusal to play Boban against OKC when it mattered, sticking with the undersized duo of West and Diaw until it was too late, and he had already thrown the series.
    I said Pop should do it for game 4 or 5. Pop did it when we down like 10 to play him in an elimination game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said Pop should do it for game 4 or 5. Pop did it when we down like 10 to play him in an elimination game.
    Boban killed Adams and Kanter in the previous regular season matchup - even if it was mostly in mop-up duty. I thought we would see a lot of him against OKC - especially with a gimpy Duncan playing on zero legs. Heck, I was dumb enough to think Boban might even get a surprise early start. But not with Pop's old boy system.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP reeks of estrogen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh man, it makes me rage so much, thinking how Pop had those 2 undersized C's going well into the end of our playoff run....when it was evident early in the season the two were cancer.

2016 was on Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, it makes me rage so much, thinking how Pop had those 2 undersized C's going well into the end of our playoff run....when it was evident early in the season the two were cancer.

2016 was on Pop.
    Yep, rigidity or rigor mortis? This season will go a long way toward telling us which it is. Many of us on ST were calling for splitting Diaw and West and pairing them with either Duncan or LMA early on (especially ceperez). How much LMA's resistance to playing Center was responsible for some of Pop's decisions we will probably never know. But Pop's refusal to develop Boban and make use of him when other options were clearly disastrous is all on Pop. It would have been interesting to have seen a well-coached Spurs team meet the Dubs.... ah, well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, rigidity or rigor mortis? This season will go a long way toward telling us which it is. Many of us on ST were calling for splitting Diaw and West and pairing them with either Duncan or LMA early on (especially ceperez). How much LMA's resistance to playing Center was responsible for some of Pop's decisions we will probably never know. But Pop's refusal to develop Boban and make use of him when other options were clearly disastrous is all on Pop. It would have been interesting to have seen a well-coached Spurs team meet the Dubs.... ah, well.
    Thanks for the props.

Spurs need to play to their maximum potential in 2016. Unfortunately they did not. Duncan had broken down by the 2nd half of the season. Bobo could do nothing against much bigger players. Pop did not have enough creativity and precision to make enough adjustments against OKC. He was out coached.

It has always been the case that Pop has rarely developed players to be ready come playoff time. Boban wasn't ready although he could have been the difference maker. Sigh. Too bad he's now gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban was fine until Steven Adams dropped him and stared him down. He became a pussy after that.

Good riddance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How were his stats video game mode? I agree he looks like a video game "create a player," but he didn't play enough minutes to have good stats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once dedmon hits the first dunk y'all will be begging for him to start
    And that'll only show what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the props.

Spurs need to play to their maximum potential in 2016. Unfortunately they did not. Duncan had broken down by the 2nd half of the season. Bobo could do nothing against much bigger players. Pop did not have enough creativity and precision to make enough adjustments against OKC. He was out coached.

It has always been the case that Pop has rarely developed players to be ready come playoff time. Boban wasn't ready although he could have been the difference maker. Sigh. Too bad he's now gone.
    I think this season should show us more about Pop specifically bc for the first time in 19 seasons he doesn't have TD and he really needs to be pushing the youngsters big time. If he's brought Manu back to ride his coattails as Manu rides into the sunset it's a bad sign for the Spurs' future.

I always thought Dwest didn't really do the Spurs a favor. He was ring chasing as much as he is now with GSW and in reality he took the spot that would have forced Pop to develop Boban anyway. Would the Spurs have been a better team if they just had Boban as the bench big all along instead of DWest? Who knows? They probably would have lost some early season games as Boban had rookie struggles early, but it's possible at the end of the season they would have been better off. That's the tradeoff of going all in on TOSB vets. They maybe are the better player to start, but eventually the younger talented player would have been a better option bc those guys get better with playing time through the season, whereas the aged veteran can fall off the face of the Earth at any moment and even if they are healthy, just keeping it together is about all they can do. They no longer have that other gear they had in their youth and won't kick it up a nudge in the playoffs. They can't. Tim was amazing bc he was still able to do that, until he got injured. I don't think Tony and Manu have "another gear" at this point. Just keeping it together is about all that can be asked. Maybe they will make me bite my tongue next post season.. but really? 40 year old Manu is going to be better than 40 year old Tim? How about a younger in age Tony, but not younger in body wear and tear?

For this season, I just hope David Lee doesn't turn into a similar D-West pacifier for Pop, who really needs to be developing his younger players before they are up for contracts and on their ways out like Boban, and Cojo (who was underutilized), and it might be a good idea to play Bertans and Murray too, skills level permitting.

Thread Information