My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "Remember this: No country is immune from terrorism. It’s easy to terrorize. Government and law enforcement have to be correct 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. But if you decide one day you’re going to be a terrorist and you’re willing to kill yourself, you can go out and kill some people. You can make some noise. Perhaps the media would do us all a service if they didn’t cover it quite as much. People wouldn’t know what’s going on." great strategy there Johnny Boy.

http://www.state.gov/secretary/remar.../08/261339.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they would do that on all mass shootings. I think the press coverage of the dead ones get just encourages other losers.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 08-30-2016 at 03:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they would do that on all mass shootings. I think the press coverage the dead ones get just encourages other losers.
    That would really damage the gun control narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Remember this: No country is immune from terrorism. It’s easy to terrorize. Government and law enforcement have to be correct 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. But if you decide one day you’re going to be a terrorist and you’re willing to kill yourself, you can go out and kill some people. You can make some noise. Perhaps the media would do us all a service if they didn’t cover it quite as much. People wouldn’t know what’s going on." great strategy there Johnny Boy.

http://www.state.gov/secretary/remar.../08/261339.htm
    Mohammed or Suzie Lost Themselves considering joining UnIslamic Dumbphuck Movement might not see the *payoff* of making headlines.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    terrorism? Americans are TERRIFIED

Shooting Scares Show a Nation Quick to Fear the Worst

Ms. Melanson, 53, a yoga instructor who was waiting to fly home to Miami, grabbed her bag and joined the stampede because, she said, “I couldn’t think of why people would be running unless there was a true emergency.”

There was not. A loud noise mistaken for gunfire led to rumors that spread at blazing speed in person and on social media, setting off a panic that shut down one of the nation’s busiest airports, as passengers fled terminals and burst through security cordons, and as the police struggled to figure out what was happening and to restore order.

In the wake of terrorist attacks at airports in Brussels and Istanbul — and against other targets in Paris; San Bernardino, Calif.; Orlando; Nice, France; and elsewhere — Americans are primed, when they hear a loud bang or screams, or see a crowd break into a run, to think in terms of mass killings and active shooters. Yet crime statistics show that over all, violence in the United States is as low as it has ever been, and experts say the fear far exceeds the risk.

“I would say that we are in the grip of a moral panic,” said John Horgan, a professor of global studies and psychology at Georgia State University who specializes in the study of terrorism. “The constant threat perception of being vulnerable to mass violence has seeped into our collective consciousness.”

“People always think, ‘A gunman, a gunman,’” said Ms. Patel, who with her husband was earlier interviewed by The News and Observer. “People’s mentality are changing. People are always being afraid.”

Mr. Patel said he could see fear on the faces of the people who rushed over him and his wife.

“They thought that somebody’s there to kill them,” he said. “Psychologically, we have been damaged.”

Social media feeds that kind of frenzy, said Roxane Cohen Silver, a professor of psychology and social behavior at the University of California, Irvine.

“There’s rapid dissemination of information on social media that’s not being filtered by anybody,” she said. “This provides the unfortunate opportunity for rumors to be transmitted very quickly, without any ability to evaluate the veracity.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/us...the-worst.html

Thanks, Repugs. Your bull War for BigOil made American less safe

Thanks, rightwings nut, gun fellatin sickos, and NRA/BigGuns-for-profit that enabled to have combat-style firepower.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Ms. Melanson, 53, a yoga instructor who was waiting to fly home to Miami, grabbed her bag and joined the stampede because, she said, “I couldn’t think of why people would be running unless there was a true emergency.”

There was not. A loud noise mistaken for gunfire led to rumors that spread at blazing speed in person and on social media, setting off a panic that shut down one of the nation’s busiest airports, as passengers fled terminals and burst through security cordons, and as the police struggled to figure out what was happening and to restore order.

In the wake of terrorist attacks at airports in Brussels and Istanbul — and against other targets in Paris; San Bernardino, Calif.; Orlando; Nice, France; and elsewhere — Americans are primed, when they hear a loud bang or screams, or see a crowd break into a run, to think in terms of mass killings and active shooters. Yet crime statistics show that over all, violence in the United States is as low as it has ever been, and experts say the fear far exceeds the risk.

“I would say that we are in the grip of a moral panic,” said John Horgan, a professor of global studies and psychology at Georgia State University who specializes in the study of terrorism. “The constant threat perception of being vulnerable to mass violence has seeped into our collective consciousness.”

“People always think, ‘A gunman, a gunman,’” said Ms. Patel, who with her husband was earlier interviewed by The News and Observer. “People’s mentality are changing. People are always being afraid.”

Mr. Patel said he could see fear on the faces of the people who rushed over him and his wife.

“They thought that somebody’s there to kill them,” he said. “Psychologically, we have been damaged.”

Social media feeds that kind of frenzy, said Roxane Cohen Silver, a professor of psychology and social behavior at the University of California, Irvine.

“There’s rapid dissemination of information on social media that’s not being filtered by anybody,” she said. “This provides the unfortunate opportunity for rumors to be transmitted very quickly, without any ability to evaluate the veracity.”

Thanks, rightwings nut, gun fellatin sickos, and NRA/BigGuns-for-profit that enabled to have combat-style firepower.

LOL what the is combat style firepower?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks LOLEFTIST Liars for continuing the war, making it worse and then perpetuating further wars by becoming the biggest supplier in arms in HISTORY.

Thread Information