Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Word spread Thursday that Pennsylvania State University plans to honor the 50th anniversary of Joe Paterno becoming head football coach -- and outrage spread, too.

While the late Paterno was highly successful on the field, his career was tarnished by reports that have grown in the last year that he and other Penn State officials looked the other way as Jerry Sandusky -- a key member of Paterno's coaching team -- abused numerous boys. "The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children whom Sandusky victimized," said the 2012 report Penn State commissioned about the Sandusky scandal, and that statement counted Paterno among those men.

The honor for Paterno was buried in press announcements made by Penn State about the 2016 football season, where it was first noted by the blog Onward State.

Under activities for the Sept. 17 game against Temple University, Penn State included this item: "Commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Coach Joe Paterno -- Activities during the game will take place to commemorate Joe Paterno's first game as the head football coach at Penn State -- Sept. 17, 1966."

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...-honor-paterno

The NCAA really is a bunch of cowards for not giving these inbreds the death penalty, tbh. It's a joke that SMU got the axe for pulling the same exact that Aggy, OU, TCU and Houston were doing at the time (with less punishment), but Pedd State and Baylor get slapped on the wrist for covering up rapes.

Post Count
    they'll back pedal

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    they'll back pedal
    I don't think so. Penn State will out cult anyone at this point when it comes to beloved leader. When his name is announced, they'll stand and we'll all hear the sound of rhythmic clapping.

My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    I'll be there to support Joe Ped.

s out for The Pedmeister and all the orphans that'll be available for us during the game.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He knew in the frkn 70s. We found out THIS YEAR.
    So Penn St responds with a 50th...

Just bring attention right back to the griddle.

Thread Information