Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    of course son... who wouldn't be ? I'm also still butthurt about 82... this does not make 16 Italy most likeable team in Europe
    Well I don't mean this current team specifically son, just in general tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Well I don't mean this current team specifically son, just in general tbh.
    even worst

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

My Team
    France
    Post Count

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    It's been 10 years already...just let it go sn, it's not worthy tbh.

Believe me, I'd know

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    It's been 10 years already...just let it go sn, it's not worthy tbh.

Believe me, I'd know
    Italy is a lot of things but likeable ? the inventors of the catenacio ? no

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Italy is a lot of things but likeable ? the inventors of the catenacio ? no
    Those s take no from no one son gotta respect that tbh. And I can appreciate great defense just as much if not more as great offense... , watching guys like Maldini, Nesta and especially Gattuso was an absolute joy tbh. Then on the completely opposite side of the spectrum you had a guy like Pirlo who is one of my favorite players ever...lots to like about italy son

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Amen son. Most likeable team in europe tbh
    son that is just plain wrong They were playing nigball before nig countries even existed on the world map. Gypsy tackling, injuring people on purpose, the 2006 diving school, materazzi vs zidane, totti, de rossi, gentile, gattuso and all the other classless goons, relentless beggars and divers like inzagi. Sure you got the cannavaro/nesta/maldini/buffon/rivera who were absolute gentlemen and worthy of all respect, but they were a minority in a sea of thugball.

Italy are the only team in europe that identify with thug ball (i'm talking almost a century here), just no s given we gonna your ankles, your teeth, your wife, the ref and the entire game. While they might provide a lot of entertainment, there are a lot of people in europe that are still butthurt about a lot of things regarding italy's "fair" play.

If I were to discuss the likeability of euro teams it would be like this :
    spain : besides the ing they are clean, talented, organized, don't foul, no incidents, decent fans. most likeable by quite some distance.
    france : talented but petulant, not quite euro, some dirty/nig play, some cheating, some horrible shows of egoism .. still more likeable than germany.
    netherlands : very likeable in play, open game usually, combining skill and physicality. great talent (usually) but unlucky/chokers. Same as france in likeability imo.
    germany : let's be serious, my grandchildren will hear nazi this nazi that. add to that the mechanical style of play, the result-above-all mentality and our tenacity and it's a wrap. we'll never be the most likeable even if jesus christ will resurrect in berlin.
    portugal: penaldo, figo, nani, quaresma .. lots of assholes , disorganized, divers, nigball ... a combination of italy and spain.
    italy : thugging since day 1 but usually extremely talented and usually playing their hearts out. But thugging, gypsy style, baiting, diving, begging .. real sons. Less likeable than many other teams.
    croatia : a very likeable style of play imo, technical, versatile, talented ... but they are are the biggest racists in europe. seriously they have so many black stains it's crazy.
    belgium/sweden/denmark/poland/turkey/greece .. good tactical football but little talent and uninspiring play. pretty boring tbh but they haven't done anything annoying.
    england : horrible football and horrible fans .. the laughing stock of europe. they should just make their commonwealth compe ion and declare themselves world champions tbh .. us style.
    russia : everybody hates russia including russians tbh

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    son that is just plain wrong They were playing nigball before nig countries even existed on the world map. Gypsy tackling, injuring people on purpose, the 2006 diving school, materazzi vs zidane, totti, de rossi, gentile, gattuso and all the other classless goons, relentless beggars and divers like inzagi. Sure you got the cannavaro/nesta/maldini/buffon/rivera who were absolute gentlemen and worthy of all respect, but they were a minority in a sea of thugball.

Italy are the only team in europe that identify with thug ball (i'm talking almost a century here), just no s given we gonna your ankles, your teeth, your wife, the ref and the entire game. While they might provide a lot of entertainment, there are a lot of people in europe that are still butthurt about a lot of things regarding italy's "fair" play.

If I were to discuss the likeability of euro teams it would be like this :
    spain : besides the ing they are clean, talented, organized, don't foul, no incidents, decent fans. most likeable by quite some distance.
    france : talented but petulant, not quite euro, some dirty/nig play, some cheating, some horrible shows of egoism .. still more likeable than germany.
    netherlands : very likeable in play, open game usually, combining skill and physicality. great talent (usually) but unlucky/chokers. Same as france in likeability imo.
    germany : let's be serious, my grandchildren will hear nazi this nazi that. add to that the mechanical style of play, the result-above-all mentality and our tenacity and it's a wrap. we'll never be the most likeable even if jesus christ will resurrect in berlin.
    portugal: penaldo, figo, nani, quaresma .. lots of assholes , disorganized, divers, nigball ... a combination of italy and spain.
    italy : thugging since day 1 but usually extremely talented and usually playing their hearts out. But thugging, gypsy style, baiting, diving, begging .. real sons. Less likeable than many other teams.
    croatia : a very likeable style of play imo, technical, versatile, talented ... but they are are the biggest racists in europe. seriously they have so many black stains it's crazy.
    belgium/sweden/denmark/poland/turkey/greece .. good tactical football but little talent and uninspiring play. pretty boring tbh but they haven't done anything annoying.
    england : horrible football and horrible fans .. the laughing stock of europe. they should just make their commonwealth compe ion and declare themselves world champions tbh .. us style.
    russia : everybody hates russia including russians tbh
    son those are exactly the things that make me like them tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I told y'all the russian s are getting ready for the world cup, they're just preparing the stage right now. All russia NT players will be sick men desperately needing a combination of PCP+roids+cocaine to just get by . Just stop drug testing already
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-37352326

seriously wonder what guys like lebron or wade take, they probably have more "needed" medication than iraq veterans on life support

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    son those are exactly the things that make me like them tbh
    then you have your own criteria of "likeable". If by likeable you mean dirty and boring yeah they are likeable... this is not common definition of likeable but to each his own

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    then you have your own criteria of "likeable".
    well yeah, no

Boring to me is watching those spanish gots and their tiki taka that tbh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Those s take no from no one son gotta respect that tbh. And I can appreciate great defense just as much if not more as great offense... , watching guys like Maldini, Nesta and especially Gattuso was an absolute joy tbh. Then on the completely opposite side of the spectrum you had a guy like Pirlo who is one of my favorite players ever...lots to like about italy son
    My italian , tbh

Stop with the accusations already. I swear to God, westerners talk as if they're dont smell bad. ...

Some of the worst scandals involve americans, Europeans( not including russia) but here we are two years removed from the world cup and every loser is already making accusations.

Can you imagine how much worse it would be in 2022...damn.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    My italian , tbh
    lefty's alt imho

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    IMO Italian Futbol has never been likable from an entertainment standpoint for two reasons...

1) Historically, Italy's brand of soccer is structured around a defense-first emphasis... which might be fun/entertaining in sports like basketball (with my Spurs bias of course), but not in sports like soccer - save some ridiculously spectacular saves.

2) Italy may not be where flopping first originated, but they sure made it an artform in order to deceive the officiating.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 09-19-2016 at 10:32 PM.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    that's a possibility even tho 140 says he is Brazilian and apparently can read portuguese... but that's ST, anything is possible

TBH

That era of soccer was actually fun to watch...this iconic picture sums it up: My favourite player of alltime Paolo doing his thingy with his trademark elegance double teaming peak el Fenomeno with Cannavaro ...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    IMO Italian Futbol has never been likable from an entertainment standpoint for two reasons...

1) Historically, Italy's brand of soccer is structured around a defense-first emphasis... which might be fun/entertaining in sports like basketball (with my Spurs bias of course), but not in sports like soccer - save some ridiculously spectacular saves.

2) Italy may not be where flopping first originated, but they sure made it an artform in order to deceive the officiating.
    you are wrong here son, for more than 60 years their football was structured on a scoring rush in the first 30 minutes and then on all out defense. The flopping and dirty play makes then easy to hate, but there is lots to like in italy.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    TBH

That era of soccer was actually fun to watch...this iconic picture sums it up: My favourite player of alltime Paolo doing his thingy with his trademark elegance double teaming peak el Fenomeno with Cannavaro ...

son maldini and cannavaro were gentlemen and rarities. Even gattuso was quite clean sometimes compared to other guys like .. say .. gentile. The problem with them was the constant begging, flopping and dirty (not hard) tackling. Guys like motta, materrazzi, de rossi, inzaghi ... classical frogmen tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    son maldini and cannavaro were gentlemen and rarities. Even gattuso was quite clean sometimes compared to other guys like .. say .. gentile. The problem with them was the constant begging, flopping and dirty (not hard) tackling. Guys like motta, materrazzi, de rossi, inzaghi ... classical frogmen tbh.
    don't forget that got GK Zenga, tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    don't forget that got GK Zenga, tbh
    son we got the GK position covered in terms of gotry

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    You shouldn't talk about your father like that.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    you are wrong here son, for more than 60 years their football was structured on a scoring rush in the first 30 minutes and then on all out defense. The flopping and dirty play makes then easy to hate, but there is lots to like in italy.
    First off, I'm not your son. So no need for the condescending endearment to try and bolster your argument. Italy has been about defense since the mid-to-late 70's. Their last offense-oriented team was probably the team that made it to the finals in Mexico 70' and even then they lost 4-1 to a truly elite offensive team: Pele and Rivelino's Brazil.

Since then, they've been generally unlikable cause of the flopping. LOL practicing flops.

I do remember watching some "good" Italian games during the 1990 World Cup, but that particular tournament was fun because everytime one-hit wonder, Salvatore "Totò" Schilacci would score a goal the buildup leading up to it was dramatic (with the Univision broadcast team here in the U.S.)... he was the golden boot recipient that tournament if memory serves correct. The broadcaster would slowly build up, "Tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 09-23-2016 at 04:29 PM.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    And for the record, "liking" or "disliking" is wholly and inherently subjective - especially when it comes to playing styles in a sport. There is no right or wrong answer for such a question.

Thread Information