Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few click bait articles floating around about the Spurs being in the running to trade for Okafor or Noel. I don't believe the hype, but if you could trade for either of them which one would you want?

A potential trade would probably involve Patty since Brown has ties to him with the Australian team and rumors say they would also want Green.

So would a trade be worth it and if so which one would you prefer and why?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this is what a late offseason thread should look like chinook.

i'd take either provided parker is the one getting traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to spend time on hypotheticals, I prefer another scenario: What about the rumors that John Wall is disgruntled in Washington and does not get along with Bradley Beal? What asset would/could the Spurs pair with TP to make a deal with the Wizards?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring in John Wall!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring in John Wall!!!!!!!
    Yeah, but how?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whichever one can play PG better than Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what a late offseason thread should look like chinook.
    I shoulda guessed that you'd like a thread that is pretty much a rehash of multiple threads we've already had this summer. Still would take either trade over that you proposed last year, though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If you want to spend time on hypotheticals, I prefer another scenario: What about the rumors that John Wall is disgruntled in Washington and does not get along with Bradley Beal? What asset would/could the Spurs pair with TP to make a deal with the Wizards?
    TBH... if the wizards are dumb and gullible enough to sign beal for what they did... i hope they'd be interested in a veteran, "playoff proven" pg.

I shoulda guessed that you'd like a thread that is pretty much a rehash of multiple threads we've already had this summer. Still would take either trade over that you proposed last year, though.
    what trade would you take over the trade i proposed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH... if the wizards are dumb and gullible enough to sign beal for what they did... i hope they'd be interested in a veteran, "playoff proven" pg.
    Also one that does not break the bank - from their perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any. Neither big should be a target for the team, but at least they aren't going to walk for nothing because the Spurs can't afford them, and at least they aren't on albatrosses of contracts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Also one that does not break the bank - from their perspective.
    they'd be paying and owe less to parker than john wall.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I shoulda guessed that you'd like a thread that is pretty much a rehash of multiple threads we've already had this summer.
    coming from someone whose thread was concerning richard jefferson... in 2016

this late offseason thread is better than yours because it's actually relevant.

so you'd give up kawhi + lma for noel? damn chinook, i didn't know how stupid you were until now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To get Wall will be hard. Wizards would want to attach Gortart with him. After browsing through the trade machine, I really really struggled to find a deal where we don't have to give up Green. This is the best I can come up with.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hzsk6pp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coming from someone whose thread was concerning richard jefferson... in 2016
    Talking about the past and bumping stupid threads are different things. It's no shock that basic concepts are beyond you.

so you'd give up kawhi + lma for noel? damn chinook, i didn't know how stupid you were until now.
    A potential trade would probably involve Patty since Brown has ties to him with the Australian team and rumors say they would also want Green.

So would a trade be worth it and if so which one would you prefer and why?

Can't even remember the OP 11 posts down. Ironic for someone who loves trying to rehash people's posts from months in the past.

And to clarify, I hate a Green and Patty for either big trade. They're just better than yours.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Kiwi and Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall is not in the trade block though, but it's interesting to discuss both possible trades. We get stuck with a situation similar to the Westbrook one, Spurs not having good enough interesting assets that they can spare, and always bottom of the round 1st picks.

I think it's more reasonable to put a package for someone like Noel who is not a star, than John Wall. Besides, If I am the Wizards and those two are not getting along, I am shipping out Beal. His injury history at just 22-23 years old is a red flag long term.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-12-2016 at 01:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To get Wall will be hard. Wizards would want to attach Gortart with him. After browsing through the trade machine, I really really struggled to find a deal where we don't have to give up Green. This is the best I can come up with.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hzsk6pp
    Honestly it's kind of a given that any trade for a star is going to require shipping out Danny IMO, and for some teams Danny won't even be enough unless they are under real pressure to trade out the player in question. I'd even tack Anderson there but Wizards have Otto Porter and Kelly Oubre. In reality Wizards at least want Lamarcus.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-12-2016 at 02:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather trade for Rubio than Wall. Same player at a cheaper price.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF it were to happen it would be difficult. Okafor is great offensively, pretty lousy defensively but could be good. Noel is great defensively but I don't know if his offense can developed really

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF it were to happen it would be difficult. Okafor is great offensively, pretty lousy defensively but could be good. Noel is great defensively but I don't know if his offense can developed really
    Considering Spurs current roster, of the two 76ers bigs I prefer Noel (also answers OP point). I don't watch 76ers so someone can get on this point and argue Okafor is by far the better big man prospect long term, but he doesn't fit very well. Spurs already have 2 scorers in their SL and Okafors value to stay on the court is offensive touches. I feel like Noel fits better.

76ers need perimeter players and that's likely what they want, specially guys who can shoot. Danny and Patty can be interesting but Patty is going to be a FA anyways why trade for him. I feel like the guy who could swing that trade is Danny.

I am not suggesting Anderson bc they already have not 1 but 2 guys like him (with higher ceiling) and until Anderson shows (hopefully for the Spurs) that he's going to shoot the 3 like he did in the summer he still remains a guy that's difficult to fit off the ball.

They could use Bertans I think but he hasn't proven to be an NBA level player. They have a similar guy in Stauskas, less tall but similar. Bertans has to show he can play in the NBA to raise his stock a little. Bottom line the trade would be Noel for Danny (don't know if the salaries match but 76rd cam attach filler). I don't think that trade makes the Spurs better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather trade for Rubio than Wall. Same player at a cheaper price.
    His salary will require shipping out someone like Tony or Danny. It should be Tony, but Pop won't do that. I think bottom line we always come back to Danny bc of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His salary will require shipping out someone like Tony or Danny. It should be Tony, but Pop won't do that. I think bottom line we always come back to Danny bc of that.
    I mean, the Spurs don't need to make a trade for a ball-dominant guard. That's really what this comes down to. A Lowery type is ideal for the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the Spurs don't need to make a trade for a ball-dominant guard. That's really what this comes down to. A Lowery type is ideal for the offense.
    I didn't even want to get on that point, I don't like Rubio for the Spurs either. I at least want to see what Pop is going to do this season with Kawhi. I think that as much as fans and trolls here are putting the pressure on Anderson to show he can take a bigger burden for the bench... there's a lot more pressure on Kawhi at this point to show whether he's going to handle the ball a lot more, call his own number when he needs to and turn into a more ball dominant player. He's improved every season in aggressiveness and ballhandling but he has needed Tony in the past. POP started to put the balk in his hands more to end the season and I think that's what Pop wanted Kobe to mentor Kawhi on.

I think this season Spurs need to know if Kawhi is going to be able to handle most of the playmaking and ballhandling as maybe a less selfish Kobe type, with a caretaker PG like Manu did in his time, like Harden, Kobe, etc. If Kawhi can be that then you can place a shooter type next to him and call it a day. (I don't mention Patty bc he's so inadequate defensively but I think Pop is going to try that among his mad scientist mode). Anyways you get the point. It's all on Kawhi's ultimate development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with your assessment of the players. I think Noel would be a better fit since we already have scoring bigs. Noel could learn to shoot at a decent click (enter chip) but he'll never transition to a 4. In fact that's why reports say they have to get rid of one of them. Last year they tried to get them on the floor together but neither can effectively play the 4 so one will be riding the bench and not developing.

Thread Information