Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ing bull , thank god I didn't buy it. Last year the only issue at launch was microstuttering, but I was able to fix that by tinkering with the settings in the control panel. Then they released a patch and it fixed outright. Now there's no stuttering, the game is just poorly optimized.

Everyone owns SLI 1080's according to most developers

On a side note.. WHAT THE IS UP WITH THE DEVELOPERS INCLUDING THE GOD DAMN 97-98 SPURS EVERY GOD DAMN YEAR!!! Can we get some Championship season teams already, god damn! Same old every year.
    The 97-98 Spurs were only there to be the rival team for the 97-98 Jazz last year. The microstutter last year was horrible at launch, I had to set a 60 fps frame cap in addition to the ingame vsync to get a smooth 60 fps.

The controls are too complicated, I don't like them at all. For instance passing is a . You have different buttons for lob, bounce pass, and chest pass, but you can't do them if you're doing icon passing. So since icon passing is a normal chest pass it gets picked off way too often. It's hard to get used to not doing icon passing anymore after it being the standard for throwing the ball where you want since like Live 98. I feel like this series achieved perfection in NBA 2k8 when it was easy to run complicated plays that you could get into quickly and you still had lots of control when ballhandling or in the post.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 09-21-2016 at 04:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2k would love to have spurs championship teams but those teams have nultiple retired players and many of them dont want to show up in the game...its like reggie miller and many other ty 90s players.

2k08 is like poostain compared to the newer games..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2k would love to have spurs championship teams but those teams have nultiple retired players and many of them dont want to show up in the game...its like reggie miller and many other ty 90s players.

2k08 is like poostain compared to the newer games..
    There's ways around it.. and tbh, not since the days of MJ, Shaq, and Barkley have players been unable or unwilling to be in a video game, and that was for contractual reasons anyway. I seriously can't imagine a Speedy Claxton unhappy about getting a chance to relive 13 pts, 4 assists, and +21 IMHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono man, I got a game for you called Guacamelee. You're playing as robdiaz going to Luz Elena's qunicinera so you can plant her first anchor baby, but after drinking a bottle of el jimador in one swig you piss yourself and die before impregnating her. You wander around the death world until you find a magic luchador mask that take you back into the living world so you can get across the river before the wall comes. I give it three burritos and one half chilito out of four.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, just finished PaRappa and I'm currently on a LocoRoco marathon, but def looks like I should check it out, IMO...

BTW, talking about fun console-like games, check out Unbox, it's not halfway bad, while you wait for your italian niglets to work their magic on AAA stuff...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while you wait for your italian niglets to work their magic on AAA stuff...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, just finished PaRappa and I'm currently on a LocoRoco marathon, but def looks like I should check it out, IMO...

BTW, talking about fun console-like games, check out Unbox, it's not halfway bad, while you wait for your italian niglets to work their magic on AAA stuff...
    Of all the platform kind of games this is the one I'm really looking forward to:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ that looks awesome, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet game, I'm sure I'd ing love it if I was 9 or better yet.. Apalisoc_9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet game, I'm sure I'd ing love it if I was 9 or better yet.. Apalisoc_9
    Platformers are awesome man, especially on peasant gpus like 680 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ that looks awesome, tbh
    CROFL some of the easter eggs in Guacamelee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum any improvements to your NBA 2K17 experience? They dropped a patch, but it doesn't have any performance fixes.. This game really hates refresh rates above 60 I've discovered.. I had to go into the control panel and set the frame rate there to 60 hz.. Without doing that I was getting stutters, and this annoying ass ghosting issue that really took away from the game.. My peasant friend came through and couldn't even stomach playing it because the ghosting was so bad

I'm running with TV broadcast camera, with everything on max with the exception of AA at 2, quality 2, and textures on medium and it hovers right near 60 FPS pretty consistently w/ the drops of course on cut scenes.. Not sure if it's the G-Sync but even the drops didn't look bad, they don't have that jarring initial frame drop that makes it look so ty..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum any improvements to your NBA 2K17 experience? They dropped a patch, but it doesn't have any performance fixes.. This game really hates refresh rates above 60 I've discovered.. I had to go into the control panel and set the frame rate there to 60 hz.. Without doing that I was getting stutters, and this annoying ass ghosting issue that really took away from the game.. My peasant friend came through and couldn't even stomach playing it because the ghosting was so bad

I'm running with TV broadcast camera, with everything on max with the exception of AA at 2, quality 2, and textures on medium and it hovers right near 60 FPS pretty consistently w/ the drops of course on cut scenes.. Not sure if it's the G-Sync but even the drops didn't look bad, they don't have that jarring initial frame drop that makes it look so ty..
    I haven't been playing it. I got bored with that and uninstalled it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been playing it. I got bored with that and uninstalled it.
    the Master Race life of deleting brand new 60 dollar games just 'cause

Also, who is your ISP? These TWC gots already left a notice on the door about the merger with whatever got company they merged with hinting at some "big changes" aka price hikes, data caps being added, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Master Race life of deleting brand new 60 dollar games just 'cause
    LOL I'm playing $15 Guacamelee right now, I actually bought that because it's a great game (and nosteam and skidrowreloaded don't have it ). This has been a pretty weak year for the AAA games I like, the only really good to come out on PC this year so far has been Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dark Souls 3, and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Otherwise there have been epic fails like Quantum Break and Far Cry Primal and meh games like Doom and Mirror's Edge Cataylst. Though I guess XCom2, Overwatch, and Total War Warhammer are supposed to be excellent, but they're not the style of game I usually enjoy (eg open world RPGs/action RPGs, SP shooters, and 2D platformers). I thought 2015 was a much much stronger year with Witcher 3, GTA V, Fallout 4, AC Syndicate, Just Cause 3, and Phantom Pain. Though maybe Dishonored 2 and Mafia III might still save 2016. Easily still better than 2014 though when Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 were the only great PC games (I hated Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 09-29-2016 at 10:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL I'm playing $15 Guacamelee right now, I actually bought that because it's a great game (and nosteam and skidrowreloaded don't have it ). This has been a pretty weak year for the AAA games I like, the only really good to come out on PC this year so far has been Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dark Souls 3, and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Otherwise there have been epic fails like Quantum Break and Far Cry Primal and meh games like Doom and Mirror's Edge Cataylst. Though I guess XCom2, Overwatch, and Total War Warhammer are supposed to be excellent, but they're not the style of game I usually enjoy (eg open world RPGs/action RPGs, SP shooters, and 2D platformers). I thought 2015 was a much much stronger year with Witcher 3, GTA V, Fallout 4, AC Syndicate, Just Cause 3, and Phantom Pain. Though maybe Dishonored 2 and Mafia III might still save 2016. Easily still better than 2014 though when Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 were the only great PC games (I hated Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor).
    Yeah, this year's les I have played on purchases and nosteambox rentals has been NBA 2k17.. I might buy BF1 to have the best new shooter, but tbh I'm still having a good time w/ BF4 and I prefer the weaponry to muskets and canons tbh.. Games I'm looking forward to? Divinity Original Sin II and Wasteland 3.. and RPG is my least favorite genre too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this year's les I have played on purchases and nosteambox rentals has been NBA 2k17.. I might buy BF1 to have the best new shooter, but tbh I'm still having a good time w/ BF4 and I prefer the weaponry to muskets and canons tbh.. Games I'm looking forward to? Divinity Original Sin II and Wasteland 3.. and RPG is my least favorite genre too.
    Quantum Break on Steam is a piece of . You need a GTX 1070 or better to play with a locked 60 fps at 1080p:

But that's not the whole story. Since this game was designed for piece of XBox One it has a dynamic framerate oscillating between 720p and 1080p. If you want to play at a locked 1080p resolution not even a ing GTX 1080 can do it and maintain 60 fps.

What a piece of . I guess this is the game where I'll have to try the console style 30 fps lock method you told me about using Nvidia Insepctor, ElNono. I don't think there is any realistic way I can lock to 60 fps on this pos with a GTX 970 unless I just turned everything to low.

Also, 3dm just released the steam version of this DJR210. Good luck running it on Kepler though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this crap anyway, only Quantum I know is Leap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this crap anyway, only Quantum I know is Leap
    No love for the blue Nuka Cola?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No love for the blue Nuka Cola?
    Right, can't forget Nuka Cola Quantum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a piece of . I guess this is the game where I'll have to try the console style 30 fps lock method you told me about using Nvidia Insepctor, ElNono. I don't think there is any realistic way I can lock to 60 fps on this pos with a GTX 970 unless I just turned everything to low.

Also, 3dm just released the steam version of this DJR210. Good luck running it on Kepler though.
    Game is probably anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently it's a huge upgrade performance wise going with the Steam DX11 version of Quantum Break

LOL that Remedy has said they're not going to patch the ed up Windows Store version anymore even though that is completely broken for Nvidia cards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game is probably anyways
    Damn I expected to hate this game going in, but the first hour or so is pretty ing good. I was cracking up seeing the actor who played Lt Daniels on The Wire at the very beginning of the game. I heard this game has live action filmed cutscenes so that's awesome that they hired such a good actor for them. You can pretty easily tell it's upscaled to 1080p when you have the scaling turned on, but the effects are pretty cool even running it at medium (so I can get a consistent 60 fps on my 970, it's not even close to 60 fps at high even with the dynamic resolution scaling). The 30 fps cutscenes are kind of annoying though. They look alright after you have made that 60->30 transition but that drop to 30 looks ugly as right when it's happening. Gotta play this with a controller too, though I usually strongly prefer one anyways for third person games like Witcher 3, GTA series, Assassins Creed series, etc. I'm liking it much more than Doom so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fifa is as usual so I was really looking forward to PES this year, assuming they weren't going to screw us over (again).

son i am disappoint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I expected to hate this game going in, but the first hour or so is pretty ing good. I was cracking up seeing the actor who played Lt Daniels on The Wire at the very beginning of the game. I heard this game has live action filmed cutscenes so that's awesome that they hired such a good actor for them. You can pretty easily tell it's upscaled to 1080p when you have the scaling turned on, but the effects are pretty cool even running it at medium (so I can get a consistent 60 fps on my 970, it's not even close to 60 fps at high even with the dynamic resolution scaling). The 30 fps cutscenes are kind of annoying though. They look alright after you have made that 60->30 transition but that drop to 30 looks ugly as right when it's happening. Gotta play this with a controller too, though I usually strongly prefer one anyways for third person games like Witcher 3, GTA series, Assassins Creed series, etc. I'm liking it much more than Doom so far.
    gonna have to try the "demo"

Thread Information