Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is The Last of Us good enough to justify buying a Playstation Pro? If I did I'd probably get that remaster, Uncharted 4, the God of War III remaster, and the new God of War. Damn I wish they'd release those games on PC so I could play them all at 60 fps. I hate the idea of buying a console just for four games.

at you not having experience the bad assness that is The Last of Us.

All those other games you listed are must plays if not must haves, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The framerate looks too ty on the PS3 version of the game.

If I get that game it'll either be on ProStation 4 or PoorStation 4. Maybe PoorStation will get cheap AF once Pro releases. I still gotta see what the new God of War looks like though. That looked incredible at E3.
    Buy the slim version. It's already out and its at a modest 300 bucks. Amazon has a sweet bundle. Comes with Uncharted 4 with the price I mentioned.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy the slim version. It's already out and its at a modest 300 bucks. Amazon has a sweet bundle. Comes with Uncharted 4 with the price I mentioned.
    I'm probably not paying $300 for that bull when the good version of PS4 comes out for $400 in a month and a half. Poorstation has an HD 7850 class gpu in it while Prostation has an RX 470 class one. It's like double the gpu horsepower in the new one.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...850/3640vs2182

I meant I might consider Poorstation if it dropped to like $180 or something. But it's hardly a bargain for the scrub version of the system at 75% the price of the modern version.

You can laugh at PC gamers for not playing The Last of Us, but I'll laugh right back at the console guys who didn't get to play Witcher 3 in its full glory.

Or modded Skyrim. Or modded GTA V.

Last edited by baseline bum; 09-18-2016 at 05:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is The Last of Us good enough to justify buying a Playstation Pro? If I did I'd probably get that remaster, Uncharted 4, the God of War III remaster, and the new God of War. Damn I wish they'd release those games on PC so I could play them all at 60 fps. I hate the idea of buying a console just for four games.

Dunno who's making patches for games yet, tbh, but having used the Pro for a couple of months now, it's nice.

There's not going to be exclusives for the Pro though (at least Sony has told devs they must support both for non VR stuff), so you'll get all the games regardless of what you buy.

But yeah, if I had to drop $300 now, I rather drop $400 in a little bit and get the Pro. (provided you have a 4k TV)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno who's making patches for games yet, tbh, but having used the Pro for a couple of months now, it's nice.

There's not going to be exclusives for the Pro though (at least Sony has told devs they must support both for non VR stuff), so you'll get all the games regardless of what you buy.

But yeah, if I had to drop $300 now, I rather drop $400 in a little bit and get the Pro. (provided you have a 4k TV)
    Nah I would be getting it to play at 1080p. You think it's a waste if you don't have a 4k TV or monitor? Poorstation seems like it has a lot of trouble delivering a steady 30 fps in some games, like Witcher 3 for example, so I'd be looking at Prostation for smoother framerates. Unless Poorstation gets dirt cheap and the new God of War plays smoothly on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I would be getting it to play at 1080p. You think it's a waste if you don't have a 4k TV or monitor? Poorstation seems like it has a lot of trouble delivering a steady 30 fps in some games, like Witcher 3 for example, so I'd be looking at Prostation for smoother framerates. Unless Poorstation gets dirt cheap and the new God of War plays smoothly on it.
    Can't tell you about Witcher 3, but other stuff I've seen and played with, it's been really nice and smooth, like GTA V, 2K16, COD, etc. Nothing like the XLOL one. Also nothing like a GTX970/980 or newer, obviously, but not bad.

Furthermore, a few OS updates ago, they unlocked 7-cpu mode, which gives about 75% of an extra CPU core for game use (originally 2 cores out of the 8 were used strictly for the OS).

What you need to be aware of is that the console has two modes, normal and neo. As far as I've been able to tell, normal mode = compatibility mode, which means unpatched games will run with the non-pro timing on them, both on CPU and GPU. The bus speed being faster will matter though, because that's the main gripe with the PS4. While it's nice that the RAM can be accessed from the CPU and GPU, through two different buses (write-back and write-combining), bandwidth has always been the biggest slowdown. There's also a few other notable differences in memory management (the neo/pro will allow you to allocate over 4GB of continuous virtual memory, which the non-pro didn't allow), but if you're running unpatched games, it won't matter.

That said, I suspect the OS will also take advantage of the extra cycles for features like net play and game recording, so it might still provide a smoother performance, but only patched games that support neo mode (whether they run 1080p or 4k) can unlock the entire extra processing power for games.

I mean, even if you don't have a 4k tv right now, I'm sure you eventually will, and for the extra $100 you do get a bit more future proof console.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't played many of the popular games, but these are the ones that I spent too much time playing and stand out in my memory

Witcher 3 - story, immersion, beauty

Dishonored - story, style, setting

XCOM 1 and Civ 5 - I was just unable to stop playing

Skyrim - all the obvious reasons

honorable mention: Deus Ex HR directors cut, but square enix for selling out with everything that came after
    Last edited by vander; 09-19-2016 at 01:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L.A Noire
    NBA 2k16
    AC IV Black Flag
    Skyrim
    Fallout:New Vegas

HM: XCOM:EU ; Dead Space 2 ; BF4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L.A Noire
    NBA 2k16
    AC IV Black Flag
    Skyrim
    Fallout:New Vegas

HM: XCOM:EU ; Dead Space 2 ; BF4
    I'm DLing dat 2k17 as we speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm DLing dat 2k17 as we speak.
    Seed god damnit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seed god damnit
    Why get the torrent when the is on direct download?

https://www.skidrowreloaded.com/nba-2k17-codex/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why get the torrent when the is on direct download?

https://www.skidrowreloaded.com/nba-2k17-codex/
    I've never used this site, does it make a difference which I dl from and do i have to download each one seperately?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never used this site, does it make a difference which I dl from and do i have to download each one seperately?
    1fichier is the fastest, but it makes you wait 10 minutes in between downloads. Still worlds faster than torrents for something so new.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you extract it and install all the pieces you downloaded will automatically do what they're supposed to right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you extract it and install all the pieces you downloaded will automatically do what they're supposed to right?
    WinRAR works fine. Make sure to set a different temp directory though if you don't have 70+ GB free on your system drive, the extracts to a temp file on the C drive by default before copying to whatever folder you told it to extract to.

And yeah, you need all 13 parts. Just extract from part01 and the rest will follow. Damn how much have you pirated before to not do the multi part rar archive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want the smallest torrents check fitgirl's repacks (although she hasn't released 2k17 yet).

http://fitgirl-repacks.site/

I personally hate her torrents because they take 20-40 minutes to install even though I have a ing i7 (technically a Xeon E3, but it's an i7-4771 marketed as an entry level server chip).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WinRAR works fine. Make sure to set a different temp directory though if you don't have 70+ GB free on your system drive, the extracts to a temp file on the C drive by default before copying to whatever folder you told it to extract to.

And yeah, you need all 13 parts. Just extract from part01 and the rest will follow. Damn how much have you pirated before to not do the multi part rar archive?
    Torrents have always worked fine for me.. Downloaded dozens and only got burned once on a Russian HAWX 2 torrent of all games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Torrents have always worked fine for me.. Downloaded dozens and only got burned once on a Russian HAWX 2 torrent of all games.
    DDL is way faster if it's up on a good site though. I don't touch TPB or KAT anymore, I got burned by a BF4 torrent of all things. The only sources I trust now are nosteam.ro, skidrowreloaded.com, and then fitgirl-repacks as a last resort.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    1fichier is the fastest, but it makes you wait 10 minutes in between downloads. Still worlds faster than torrents for something so new.
    Torrents should be faster by now tbh. I just wait 48 hrs and the ratio is decent enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last of Us
    Witcher 3
    Halo 4
    Dying Light
    Uncharted 4

I'm too lazy to type why tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Torrents should be faster by now tbh. I just wait 48 hrs and the ratio is decent enough.
    Maybe so. I usually have only noticed torrents being faster after a week or so in most games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last spot may be a tie between Uncharted 4 and Max Payne 3 actually. very underrated game imo one of my favorites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I download at max speeds on torrent sites, even on lopsided ratios.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I download at max speeds on torrent sites, even on lopsided ratios.
    Sorry, I just meant for when it first comes out. Downloading new is painful when you're connected to two seeders and 80 people at 1%.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Sorry, I just meant for when it first comes out. Downloading new is painful when you're connected to two seeders and 80 people at 1%.
    Ya I don't even bother that early. lol @ 70KB/s down and 10MB/s up.

Thread Information