Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya I don't even bother that early. lol @ 70KB/s down and 10MB/s up.
    cap your upload speeds them.. They aint cutting into my Plex bandwidth tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cap your upload speeds them.. They aint cutting into my Plex bandwidth tbh
    Oh I did, 800Kb/s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is God of War 3 worth picking up? I haven't played any of them and know next to nothing about the series. Does that matter?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is God of War 3 worth picking up? I haven't played any of them and know next to nothing about the series. Does that matter?
    If your desktop pc has a decent cpu (eg i5, i7, or Xeon E3 from 2011 or later) you can use the PCSX2 emulator to play the first two games. They're both amazing, and they look better than on the real PS2 since PCSX2 can easily play them in 1080p if you have enough cpu power. I have never played the third. It looks pretty amazing in reviews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the storyline? Is playing the early games required to understand anything?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What about the storyline? Is playing the early games required to understand anything?
    The storylines are linked, but you can easily put 2 and 2 together. It's not that complicated of a storyline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think I've played 3, but GoW 1 and 2 are great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I thought God of War 4 was coming out for the Christmas 2016 season, not ing Christmas 2017. So much for buying PS4 this year, no ing way I'm paying $400 just to play remasters of PS3 games. GOW4 looked ing incredible at E3, I figured it wasn't far from release seeing how polished the gameplay was. I would have just expected a bunch of lame ass cutscenes had I known they were so far out from release. Oh well, I'll buy that next year when GOW4 comes out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I thought God of War 4 was coming out for the Christmas 2016 season, not ing Christmas 2017. So much for buying PS4 this year, no ing way I'm paying $400 just to play remasters of PS3 games. GOW4 looked ing incredible at E3, I figured it wasn't far from release seeing how polished the gameplay was. I would have just expected a bunch of lame ass cutscenes had I known they were so far out from release. Oh well, I'll buy that next year when GOW4 comes out.
    Still, there is.no way GOW is better than the last of us and that's coming from a GOW fan. Seriously, horizon dawn looks amaz8ng

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, there is.no way GOW is better than the last of us and that's coming from a GOW fan. Seriously, horizon dawn looks amaz8ng
    Horizon Dawn looked good at E3, but not good enough to make me buy a console. As much as I want to play The Last of Us I'll wait until 2017 unless original PS4 prices just tank after the PS4 Pro launches. My excitement for getting PS4 Pro was literally split 50/50 between God of War 4 and The Last of Us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, couple of months ago I stayed at a friend's house who has ps4, I specially got up early one day to play last of us, it took 40 minutes to get past hand holding tutorials and cinematics, by then I lost interest and played some nba 2K.

It's hard to think of great recent games, even ones that I finished like the two tomb raider games, so easy, linear, absurd (should rename that series to she-rambo)

Probably the game I've enjoyed the most in recent years that no one has mentioned is towerfall. Love me some local coop and I can play with my kid and his friends

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    GTA V
    Dark Souls/Bloodborne
    Overwatch (addictive as )
    Bioshock Infinite
    Uncharted 4

Still haven't gotten past The Witcher, so I won't be playing the sequels for awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTA V
    Dark Souls/Bloodborne
    Overwatch (addictive as )
    Bioshock Infinite
    Uncharted 4

Still haven't gotten past The Witcher, so I won't be playing the sequels for awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't gamed much at all in the last few years, but GTAV and Portal 2 come to mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know that I have any favorites. I usually play whatever my friend puts on his server since I don't care for any online multiplayer stuff but want the MP experience nonetheless. Elite Dangerous was good, shallow but wide until, like most games, they nerfed this, buffed that, changed this and that and introduced things that I couldn't care less about like some Risk type faction game. Space Engineers was fun, I like building stuff. There's one called Empyrion Galactic Survival, it's like SE but you have the planetary survival building and crafting, then you get to space and can even warp to other planets. I haven't tried No Man's Sky, the colors turned me off. I have tried the early Star Citizens and it's pretty good for graphics but it will all devolve into pew pew and factions with better graphics and more lag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just started playing MGS:V and I have to put it in the top 5. Amazing game so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just started playing MGS:V and I have to put it in the top 5. Amazing game so far
    I'm tempted to start the MGS series once I finish Red Dead Redemption since Phantom Pain got such killer reviews. I assume the PS1 game is the place to start from? I know the NES Metal Gear is supposed to be a piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tempted to start the MGS series once I finish Red Dead Redemption. I assume the PS1 game is the place to start from? I know the NES Metal Gear is supposed to be a piece of .
    That's where I started (with the NES) I was lucky my Mom bought it for me but its totally unnecessary unless you're a purist. MGS1 hasn't aged well on the PS1 imo, you would be better off playing MGS2 for the PS2 and definitely MGS3 for the PS3. MGS4 for the PS4 is arguably the best game in the series (I prefer 3 for aesthetic reasons). A lot of people get turned off by the 'long' cinematic cut-scenes, but for me they make it great, and of course the stealth gameplay which Kojima innovated and perfected imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's where I started (with the NES) I was lucky my Mom bought it for me but its totally unnecessary unless you're a purist. MGS1 hasn't aged well on the PS1 imo, you would be better off playing MGS2 for the PS2 and definitely MGS3 for the PS3. MGS4 for the PS4 is arguably the best game in the series (I prefer 3 for aesthetic reasons). A lot of people get turned off by the 'long' cinematic cut-scenes, but for me they make it great, and of course the stealth gameplay which Kojima innovated and perfected imo.
    I wish they'd just port MSG 4 to PS4 since I'll probably end up buying one. I don't feel like buying a PS3 even if you can jailbreak that and play roms off an external drive. The other games I can play off emulators. PS2 games look worlds better on PCSX2 than they ever did on PS2, assuming you have the CPU to run it. And PS1 games look night and day better on ePSXe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they'd just port MSG 4 to PS4 since I'll probably end up buying one. I don't feel like buying a PS3 even if you can jailbreak that and play roms off an external drive. The other games I can play off emulators. PS2 games look worlds better on PCSX2 than they ever did on PS2, assuming you have the CPU to run it. And PS1 games look night and day better on ePSXe.
    I doubt the ports are coming imo. It's out of Kojima's hands now since Konami decided to make slot machine games for smart phones. Who knows though, they own the rights and if they're smart they will port all of them to the PS4 in a bundle. Defenitely play MGS2 on the emulators it will fill you in with everything thats happened so far and it's a beautiful game. I've beaten it countless times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, the MGS games were Gold..But I honestly wouldn't advice anyone playing the older games..it's so outdated. It's the greatest Console franchise of all time, but it was largely because every MGS game was way ahead of other console games..

Play it now and i assure you..You'd quit out of boredom..

That Boss fight with P.Manits..I think I ccouldn't stop talking about awesome that was..but I can't imagine anyone finding Joy in that battle...The series knew video game limitations and it used that to its advantage.

MGS1 on PS1 revolutionzed video gaming..

Crazy how konami that got rich and had revolutionary games like MGS, and PES was like the go to soccer game for almost everyone...that's not even including Silent hill. That game changed how many people viwed the horor genre...Not even touching posdibly the greatest JRPG of all time in Suikoden 2.

Dem Pa o machines and GYMS in japan must be making them a lot of money for them to quit on what made them rich.

Thread Information