Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    five years on, little has changed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In January 2018, the federal Office of Special Education Programs announced it found TEA had failed to ensure all Texas children with disabilities were identified and evaluated, regardless of the severity of their disabilities, as required by law.

The state also failed to ensure that free and appropriate public education was made available to all people with disabilities from age 3 to 21, the federal assessment found.

A 2016 Houston Chronicle investigation found TEA for years had penalized districts for providing special education to more than 8.5 percent of their students, an arbitrarily devised number that resulted in hundreds of thousands of kids being denied services to which they were en led.

In October 2020, TEA told the federal agency it believed it had completed all the required corrective actions. However, OSEP concluded the TEA had made only one of many required changes to its operations.

“It’s inexcusable that TEA has failed to make sufficient progress on making these corrections,” said Dustin Rynders, supervising attorney of the Education Team at the nonprofit Disability Rights Texas. “The majority of the findings were problems of TEA’s own creation and the progress has been slow and unsteady.”

Cantrell told TEA it now has 30 days to take additional action and provide do entation the changes have been made.

Among the required actions TEA has not yet made is ensuring all local districts post notices online about special education eligibility and who can request an evaluation to receive services.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, the parents of special ed kids will still vote Repug

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    five years on, little has changed

Worrying about homeless and bumbs on the street while helping to create them in school.
    The saving grace here is school boards in large districts have a tendency to get parents on their ass and bypass TEA apparently. But mostly in wealthy districts. Wealthy special ed is either good in public or the parents go private.

We must create citizens who have skins in the game in this place we call the United States. The "dont care, it wont hurt me I got nothing to lose anyway" is deadly to a country.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas has boldly and brazenly broadcasted their lack of interest in public education at pretty much every level for decades now tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas has boldly and brazenly broadcasted their lack of interest in public education at pretty much every level for decades now tbh
    Trump loves the poorly educated.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump loves the poorly educated.
    Repugs have well before him. Trump just coaxed them out in droves for the world to see and hear.

Muh Jesus!
    Muh guns!
    Muh business!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worrying about homeless and bumbs on the street while helping to create them in school.
    it's underemphasized how many homeless folks are disabled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and Texas writes the school textbooks used by other states, spreading big hole's poison far and wide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more things change...

https://twitter.com/Schwartz_Land/status/1692543382436876420?s=20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more things change...

https://twitter.com/Schwartz_Land/status/1692543382436876420?s=20

Abort a two week old fetus that will turn into a child with extreme mental challenges/deficiencies? Atrocious!

Help take care of them after their born? Run away run away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abort a two week old fetus that will turn into a child with extreme mental challenges/deficiencies? Atrocious!

Help take care of them after their born? Run away run away
    Pro-life policies and concern trolling expire at birth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once upon a time, even among the Baptists, people who called themselves Christians opened up their wallets to fund health care for others. They opened hospitals. I guess some traditions still fund them. To Catholics it’s still important. To Protestants it’s important to the more theologically liberal ones of a social gospel bent.

But the “orthodox” evangelicals seem a of a lot more interested in power and control than service towards others.

That informs their stance on abortion. Exercise power and control over women, but don’t help them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once upon a time, even among the Baptists, people who called themselves Christians opened up their wallets to fund health care for others. They opened hospitals. I guess some traditions still fund them. To Catholics it’s still important. To Protestants it’s important to the more theologically liberal ones of a social gospel bent.

But the “orthodox” evangelicals seem a of a lot more interested in power and control than service towards others.

That informs their stance on abortion. Exercise power and control over women, but don’t help them.
    I don't think Catholics views on helping the community, at least locally, have changed much over the years in my anecdotal view.

For Protestants, there's been an overall Joel Olsteen type movement to live your best financial life now because God wants you to have it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different year, same .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda funny how you dems keep up these talking points but Americans are leaning to bringing back Trump as president in 2024,,,,why is that do you think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda funny how you dems keep up these talking points but Americans are leaning to bringing back Trump as president in 2024,,,,why is that do you think?
    how does that relate to Texas denying help to kids with special needs? I don't see the connection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is screwing disabled kids a plank in the party platform?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how does that relate to Texas denying help to kids with special needs? I don't see the connection.
    because Texans care more about your open border bull than they do kids with special needs,,,,right or wrong?,,,,who knows?,,,,but thats truth and you gonna lose in 2024 with the obscure points of view,,,,like if republicans hate broccoli and its health benefits,,,,,republicans dont give a about special needs kids just like democrats dont give a about a child in the womb,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another incoherent hemisderp post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another incoherent hemisderp post.
    ok,,,,keep on fighting the good fight,,,lets see how that works out for you dems in 2024,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A year is a long time in political terms. One or both candidates could kick off. American men don't live much past 78 on average

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A year is a long time in political terms. One or both candidates could kick off. American men don't live much past 78 on average
    If youre a betting man,,,and you had to bet your life savings,,,,who do you got kickin' the bucket in the next year sooner,,,,,Trump or Biden?,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If youre a betting man,,,and you had to bet your life savings,,,,who do you got kickin' the bucket in the next year sooner,,,,,Trump or Biden?,,,,
    I'm not a betting man.

Thar said, political factors might intervene to sink the chances of either one. I hear Trump has one or more criminal trials that might happen before the election next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a betting man.

Thar said, political factors might intervene to sink the chances of either one. I hear Trump has one or more criminal trials that might happen before the election next year.

and thats the only way the dems win,,,,what does that tell you, Wine Ho?,,,,think about it,,,,dems can only win this election if Trump is incarcerated,,,,thats how bad Biden and his policies and the democrat party are right now,,,,,

Thread Information