Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    You gotdam right it is....you got 4 or 5 guns on your ass..knowing they are already trigger happy... Not knowing if they are white supremacists...yes if you have any hope of staying alive the burden to do everything right unfortunately is on you...
    If he wasn't complying, I doubt he would put his hands in the air, he would've just walked away. We don't have the audio to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure they instructed him to go to the car. Why else would they follow him to his car?

If they wanted to apprehend him because he wasn't complying they had plenty of time to do so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    "B-b-but he put his hands down, he should've known better"

They shot him with the taser first(you can see it in the video, it's the part where I'm assuming most ppl think he put his hands down) then officer Shelby finished him off. Sick

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    At you saying his car had broken down....does that give him the right to walk away from audible commands to freeze? I don't care if his car exploded..being the that i am if i got one gun pointed at me let alone 5 especially by 5 white cops my ass ain't making anyone sudden movements....the was a dumb plain and simple
    so much truth here tbh

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Before I can say anything about this I'd need to know who Terence Cruther was. Did he have a history, did the cops know him?

Things aren't always as they appear to be.

After some detective work sensing something just wasn't right.

Here's what I found.

Tulsa Police told KOKI-TV that a vial of PCP was found in Crutcher’s SUV after the shooting. Autopsy and toxicology results have not yet been released.

YES and YES...the cops had no business in shooting this guy, that was wrong. BUT.....another black guy doing something illegal. They said he wouldn't do as he was told (sure looked like he did) if he was on some drug that does make sense. What was he doing out in the middle of the road?

Those cops better hope there was PCP in his system (not that that won't be arranged). If there was then it was just another black druggie causing trouble.

Anytime I deal with cops I know how deranged these assholes are, I mean who would be a cop but some power hungry prick/freak, so I make damn sure to do what I'm told, and I am a rule breaker by nature.

Curious about what they uncover (and they will be looking) on Cruther, it's important he is painted as a troubled man. A man with a problem with authority figures.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-21-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    "detective work" = first page Google search of Terence Crutcher

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We'll if white cops just stop killing unarmed blacks this wouldn't be a problem. As a fan of black culture and hip hop, I thought you would be more empathetic.
    Stranger things have happened, I guess.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so the only loser out of this is the tax payer who has to foot the bill for the dept to p ay out for the victim, and the offender gets suspended but still getting paid?

so is black lives matter going to spend any of that 500m they raised to do anything? or its just sitting nicely in some tax haven country?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You gotdam right it is....you got 4 or 5 guns on your ass..knowing they are already trigger happy... Not knowing if they are white supremacists...yes if you have any hope of staying alive the burden to do everything right unfortunately is on you...
    What wrong move.did he make?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Shut your silly ass up..lil I'm an OG.....
    , you ain't . I've been in the trenches. I can tell you haven't experienced . Trill recognize trill

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    so is black lives matter going to spend any of that 500m they raised to do anything? or its just sitting nicely in some tax haven country?
    I'm not sure where they spend that money to make change in September 2016, but I think it has two main choices to make the change it wants to make:

1. BLM can make change by expanding the conversation, but White America mostly doesn't want to have that conversation. This thread demonstrates that there are a lot of people who don't see these shootings as particularly problematic. It doesn't want Kaepernick suggesting that there's a real problem (it just wants to dispute his patriotism, dismiss his activism, and tell him to shut up and be grateful for the opportunities he's been given) and it readily retorts, at virtually every turn, that blacks who feel oppressed don't know what they're talking about. They say shootings like these are just business as usual and justify the killing by pointing to non-compliance without context, the possibility that the decedent may have been under the influence of drugs, or by suggesting that maybe he was just a bad dude. The last I checked, though, none of those things are capital offenses.

But if that's the mindset, it's awfully difficult to have a meaningful conversation about the issue when one side is completely convinced that there is no problem and will go to just about any length to justify the use of excessive force in these sorts of situations.

2. BLM's other way to make change is by supporting candidates in local and national elections that will take meaningful steps to address the problem. And my guess would be that they'll do that in the coming election cycles.

I've said here before and still maintain that a significant part of the problem in these situations is that we've become far too willing to tolerate the use of lethal force by police as a first step. If a cop gets a little bit scared in a situation, he or she is allowed to pull a gun and fire shots, and often will keep the job and continue working in law enforcement; if a citizen gets a little bit scared in the exact same situation and does exactly the same thing, he'll never enjoy another day of freedom, no matter how justified his fear might have been. We don't ever seem to revisit the most basic issue, which is setting reasonable limits on when law enforcement can resort to the use of lethal force to subdue a citizen and enforcing laws against the use of excessive force when an officer acts in that way without real justification. BLM can make a difference by supporting successful candidates for office who will strive to change policies regarding the use of lethal force -- or to encourage the use of something short of lethal force in those situations as a first step -- so that the due process rights of citizens who encounter police in stressful situations aren't vitiated on a roadway or a street corner by a scared cop.
    Last edited by FromWayDowntown; 09-21-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's happening is cops know about how much trouble blacks*** give them. They play that violent music, have no dad to raise them so they go wild, the drugs, the lingo, the weapons. They won't be taking any off any black guy. And what do blacks do, they ignore what a cop tells them to do or they get smartass with them, then when the cops squash their ass.....

If the dummy had done what he was told and kept his big mouth shut.

*** bone up on Africa and they trouble they have over there.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What's happening is cops know about how much trouble blacks*** give them. They play that violent music, have no dad to raise them so they go wild, the drugs, the lingo, the weapons. They won't be taking any off any black guy. And what do blacks do, they ignore what a cop tells them to do or they get smartass with them, then when the cops squash their ass.....

If the dummy had done what he was told and kept his big mouth shut.

*** bone up on Africa and they trouble they have over there.
    I don't know why you bothered to post this drivel, did you even read the post above yours?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know why you bothered to post this drivel, did you even read the post above yours?
    Telling it like it is is drivel? How come my son Mason has never been in any trouble of any kind? Could it be because his father wouldn't allow him to run the streets and was particular with the crowd he hung with, ya reckon?

By 14 black mom can no longer control the boy so there he goes. Dad is....sit your ass down boy you ain't going anywhere.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-21-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What wrong move.did he make?
    The more info I see the worse it looks for the female cop.

-No weapon on his person and his vehicle, so we know that he wasn't reaching.

-The window was up so when he wasn't reaching inside of the vechile

-The car was broken down, so it's not like he was about make a getaway

-She said that he wasn't following orders, yet he had his hands raised. You can't say that someone didn't follow orders when you tell them to raise their hands and they comply.

-Even if there were drugs in his system, its not like he lunged at the officers or tried to run away. So I don't think that is even a possible justification either.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If they find no PCP in his system the cop is toast. If they do she will get off.

Now will the powers that be fix this so the cop gets off...?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    If they find no PCP in his system the cop is toast. If they do she will get off.

Now will the powers that be fix this so the cop gets off...?
    Even if he had PCP in his system, does that justify him being executed? Lol imagine it was your brother, cousin, etc

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even if he had PCP in his system, does that justify him being executed? Lol imagine it was your brother, cousin, etc
    no, no amount of drug abuse should result in being shot. I'm talking about how the system will get her off because he was on drugs. it will be how since he was all messed up he was a threat. If however nothing shows up they have nothing and that cop is in deep .

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This unfortunately shines a light on an ongoing threat everyday Americans face. Why do we let women carry guns.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The more info I see the worse it looks for the female cop.

-No weapon on his person and his vehicle, so we know that he wasn't reaching. Looks like he is reaching in the video. For what, who knows?

-The window was up so when he wasn't reaching inside of the vechile I thought it's established no clear view if window is up or down. Regardless, see above.

-The car was broken down, so it's not like he was about make a getaway Still have not explained why if is broken down it is across the center line and pointing to the other lane. Not meriticious of a death sentence, just asking.

-She said that he wasn't following orders, yet he had his hands raised. You can't say that someone didn't follow orders when you tell them to raise their hands and they comply. Aren't the cops saying they were saying drop to the ground?

-Even if there were drugs in his system, its not like he lunged at the officers or tried to run away. So I don't think that is even a possible justification either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This unfortunately shines a light on an ongoing threat everyday Americans face. Why do we let women carry guns.
    For real they belong in the kitchen and bedroom only tbh

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, but they do not need to be on the line in the military or a cop on the beat. Time to cool that silliness, yep, women just aren;t physically equipped to do what men can do.

The fastest woman who ever lived ran a 10.49 100m, that wouldn't get her a lane in Cali, Florida Texas HS boys championships.

A 5-8 150 pound woman cop trying to handle a 6-2 240 pound man in a bad mood, do we really need this? What does she do vs a 6-6 300 pounder, yep, call in the men.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wait so this isn't the Charlotte guy? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...06#post8729706

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Maybe 30 years ago, now they'd just get fat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs