View Poll Results: What Spurs Rookie Will Have the Greatest Impact This Season?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Davis Bertans

83 69.17%
  • Dejounte Murray

21 17.50%
  • Livio Jean-Charles

0 0%
  • Ryan Arcidiacono

0 0%
  • Ryan Richards

1 0.83%
  • Bryn Forbes

2 1.67%
  • Patricio Garino

6 5.00%
  • Nicolas Laprovittola

6 5.00%
  • Other

1 0.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would go with the first but Lee not shooting will bring out Bertans off the bench, he could live up to this poll as the most impactful rookie considering the situation. I have concerns with Dedmon. I am going to chill out on him bc he's one of those guys that really needs others to make him better, but I don't see him as the 3rd Big frankly.

Now I place in context Pop's statement that he needed to play Anderson more this season, period.
    I don't think this will be figured out until near playoff time. With a guy like Lee, Pop is going to keep giving him chances. And he usually spends the first half of the season giving young players minutes for the of it, so I think we'll see Bertans and Simmons get minutes as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this will be figured out until near playoff time. With a guy like Lee, Pop is going to keep giving him chances. And he usually spends the first half of the season giving young players minutes for the of it, so I think we'll see Bertans and Simmons get minutes as well.
    Well I am talking regular season for now, but good point... if we see those two we might as well see Murray TBH. lol and Pop play Anderson all 3 spots he said he can play in one game just bc.... lol frankly you can tell I am laughing. The word comical is coming to mind. lol

More serious though, I feel like he will give the vets all chances bc the options behind them are rookies, that includes not just Lee the vet with the better career, but Dedmon I guess, the vet with the Ayers' like career (I don't forget Vaughn probably recommended him from his time in the Magic, another Ayers parallel--by the way I always misspell that guy's name, I don't know if I have right here). Hopefully guys get better through the season too.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I am talking regular season for now, but good point... if we see those two we might as well see Murray TBH. lol and Pop play Anderson all 3 spots he said he can play in one game just bc.... lol frankly you can tell I am laughing. The word comical is coming to mind. lol

More serious though, I feel like he will give the vets all chances bc the options behind them are rookies, that includes not just Lee the vet with the better career, but Dedmon I guess, the vet with the Ayers' like career (I don't forget Vaughn probably recommended him from his time in the Magic, another Ayers parallel--by the way I always misspell that guy's name, I don't know if I have right here). Hopefully guys get better through the season too.
    Depressing to hear that trivia... Vaughn recommend both Ayers and Dedmon?

Ayers got paid $2m/year and never improved!

Dedmon (unlike Ayres) was never drafted! Now Spurs are paying him $3m/year. Ayers could not handle the pressure of being a Spurs. On one occasion he left the court in tears. I don't think Dedmon can take that mental torture of being a non-performing Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dedmon (unlike Ayres) was never drafted! Now Spurs are paying him $3m/year. Ayers could not handle the pressure of being a Spurs. On one occasion he left the court in tears. I don't think Dedmon can take that mental torture of being a non-performing Spur.
    Ayers was recommended by the Indy former ast coach: Boylen.
    I think Dedmon was vouched for by Vaughn from his time coaching him in the Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The team will need Timmy.... he for sure was sensitive and aware of guys struggling in games and kept their spirits up.

I don't know who has that humanistic heart in this team. I know Anderson is a good teammate but he's a youngling in the Spurs. I suppose Manu, Tony, everybody has to pitch in with that part. That is what Pop meant about talking to guys in buses and outside the court. It's going to get rough for the raw guys, bc that is the way it is for guys trying to break out in the league.

Like Pop said: keep pounding that rock! keep working on your game. etc. all the cliches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans no doubt but I have big hopes for Murray. He can be special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going out on a limb here and make a courageous prediction: Livio Jean Charles will be the surprise rookie of the season!

I've got no evidence, but with nobody rooting for him, I might as well!

Two thumbs up for your courageous decision ceperez.

In reality, considering his youth and that he's a rookie, he didn't look any worse than the others around him. Bc he's young and a rook he might be one to improve.

I commend you. I took the mantle of preacher of the Church of Anderson and it has been an uphill climb to gain followers for my church but I am still alive and kicking. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another good poll would be "Who is the new comer to the Spurs (Veteran or Rookie) not named Pau that will have the greatest impact this season?" You'd assume that would be... Dedmon? Lee?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another good poll would be "Who is the new comer to the Spurs (Veteran or Rookie) not named Pau that will have the greatest impact this season?" You'd assume that would be... Dedmon? Lee?
    Interesting poll too, but really having not watched the majority of this game, I would be going more on a limb than ceperez on Livio Jean Charles lol

Looking forward to the next few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going out on a limb here and make a courageous prediction: Livio Jean Charles will be the surprise rookie of the season!

I've got no evidence, but with nobody rooting for him, I might as well!
    You are a kind and generous man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Bertans isn't better fitted for the stretch 4 than a stretch 3. Not much chance to see him, but he looked a little slow footed against some 3s last night. Able to chase some of them down however, and try for a block because of those long legs.

Against a 4, however, he'd have a better matchup and could draw them outside away from the basket because of his 3 pt ability.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I wonder if Bertans isn't better fitted for the stretch 4 than a stretch 3. Not much chance to see him, but he looked a little slow footed against some 3s last night.
    yeah. i thought he'd be more capable of guarding 3s before i saw last night's game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Two thumbs up for your courageous decision ceperez.

In reality, considering his youth and that he's a rookie, he didn't look any worse than the others around him. Bc he's young and a rook he might be one to improve.

I commend you. I took the mantle of preacher of the Church of Anderson and it has been an uphill climb to gain followers for my church but I am still alive and kicking. lol

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray cracks the rotation and sees time with both Aldridge and Gasol, he could be a terror. Since both Aldridge and Gasol are both legitimate threats to score with jumpers, the lane could be wide open for him once he gets past his defender which he has shown the ability to do. Murray becoming a starter could really jump start things (it is probably not a good idea to test it but this is a hypothetical). Leonard a threat out to the three, Green a threat from 3, Gasol a threat from 12+ ft as well as Aldridge being comfortable with outside shooting, the kid could really light up the stat sheets either scoring or passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray cracks the rotation and sees time with both Aldridge and Gasol, he could be a terror. Since both Aldridge and Gasol are both legitimate threats to score with jumpers, the lane could be wide open for him once he gets past his defender which he has shown the ability to do. Murray becoming a starter could really jump start things (it is probably not a good idea to test it but this is a hypothetical). Leonard a threat out to the three, Green a threat from 3, Gasol a threat from 12+ ft as well as Aldridge being comfortable with outside shooting, the kid could really light up the stat sheets either scoring or passing.
    In an ideal world Pop would mold Murray into a more disciplined Westbrook. Chances are small, but worth the risk...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'd rank them:

Davis Bertans
    Nicolas Laprovittola
    Dejounte Murray
    Bryn Forbes
    Ryan Arcidiacono
    Patricio Garino
    Livio Jean-Charles
    Ryan Richards
    lappy over murray
    forbes and arci over garino

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now it looks more like

Bertans
    Murray
    Garino
    Forbes
    Livio
    Laprivitolla
    Irrelevant White America

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now it looks more like

Bertans
    Murray
    Garino
    Forbes
    Livio
    Laprivitolla
    Irrelevant White America
    Pretty darn true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted Murray but Bertans is needed. Still early though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted Murray but Bertans is needed. Still early though...
    I can't imagine it not being 1 of those 2. Maybe Garino as a darkhorse, if he even makes the varsity squad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arci, Lappro never had a chance.

Spurs will have Arci, Garino and Forbes' rights in Austin, Lappro will go back overseas. Forbes or Garino have the only chance at making the roster, but as I've said in other threads since August, I think Spurs will probably keep that 15th spot open, to have a chance to sign another big that's not named Joel Anthony once all cuts are made across the league. If not, they may keep it open if they anticipate certain buy outs during the season to bring in more depth in the front court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another Ayers parallel--by the way I always misspell that guy's name, I don't know if I have right here).
    Its spelled Pendergrass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its spelled Pendergrass

Thread Information