Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd never heard of this guy until today, but apparently he's a columnist on ESPN, and his opinion was significant enough to be featured in Marc Stein's first Power Rankings for this season.

Personally, I think that, barring injury, the Spurs are a lock to at least win 50 games, even without Duncan. I mean, they probably won't touch the 60-win mark again, but I definitely don't think they'll go below 50, right?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    45-37

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we just have a "What Random Asswipes Think About the Spurs" thread to collect things like this and the Terry quote? It's really insignificant either way. But it'd clean up the front page, especially as more predictions come in (season preview are happening and will only increase over the next month). And it's much easier to bump one thread to laugh at than it is to bump a bunch of little ones.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unt got one idea right and everything else . Terrible poster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His tweet had 1 re-tweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we just have a "What Random Asswipes Think About the Spurs" thread to collect things like this and the Terry quote? It's really insignificant either way. But it'd clean up the front page, especially as more predictions come in (season preview are happening and will only increase over the next month). And it's much easier to bump one thread to laugh at than it is to bump a bunch of little ones.
    The offseason usually brings out all the guys that want to make a name for themselves by making this ty as predictions and opinions.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ridiculous. A team with players like Leonard, Aldridge, Parker, Gasol, Ginobili and Pop as head coach is a near lock for a 50 win season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame Porker tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Duncan as much as anybody, but I think some people are over-rating what he brought to the floor the last couple seasons. Yes, he was still a solid rim-protector and a staple of our good defense...but he could no longer switch effectively or guard anybody out to the perimeter. His offensive game withered and he was below average at finishing around the rim. His jump shot completely left him and he never went to the bank anymore. Fortunately, his intelligence and fundamentals allowed him to still be a net positive despite these things, but he was far from 2003 Timmy.

Tim will be greatly missed and there will be no replacing who he was in his prime or what he did for the organization. But I really don't buy into this notion that the player he was the past few years is irreplaceable. Spurs will have 50+ again and will be a challenger in the playoffs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were winning and defending great without Tim Duncan. And we were playing Dworst. Now we got Pau as the starter. We ain't gonna win less than 50 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He offered that as a response to a tweet asking for NBA Hot Takes for the coming season. I'd take his "prediction" with a grain of salt.

(Though, in theory, if the streak ends this coming season, it would say a whole lot about just how important even an aging Tim Duncan was to this squad.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is possible that Spurs don't win 50 games. If one of the main scorers gets injured or if our unproven bench doesn't step up or if the Spurs defense can't survive losing Duncan. That said, the West has only gotten top heavy with one team. The rest of the teams are not elite, so Spurs have as good a shot as any to win 50 games and be a 2-4 seed. But there are other good, young teams who can contend, say the Jazz and the Trailblazers and maybe even Minnesota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The writer can take his divining rod and shove it up his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were to make a more reasonable pick suggesting a decline by the Spurs, it would probably be that their streak of 19 seasons with a winning road record will come to an end this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were winning and defending great without Tim Duncan. And we were playing Dworst. Now we got Pau as the starter. We ain't gonna win less than 50 games.
    This. Tim missed 21 games last season, one of the games he played was off the bench. Not to mention Danny took a big Green dump on all our chests offensively, Diaw was bad, and yet the Spurs went for 67. Spurs are gonna win 50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unt got one idea right and everything else . Terrible poster.
    just kidding... 55-27 is more likely considering the West is watered down these days.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just kidding... 55-27 is more likely considering the West is watered down these days.
    Glad you came to your senses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you came to your senses.
    But the Spurs aren't replicating the great seasons of 2011 or 2016 nor are they beating the Dubbies to get to the Finals. Spurs may lose in the semis again.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those aren't hot takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those aren't hot takes.
    They are takes..

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watered down, very top-heavy NBA right now. No way we don't when 50...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    58-24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    70-12 imo tbh fwiw houstonspursfan is a got

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count