My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait for first preseason games

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely love Pop's answers today, and props to the media for asking him. Much different than last year's "What are your pre-game routines?" questions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's demeanor even during the pre champiomship days is really something. I can't think of a coach that has this much charisma..its remarkable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting this! I admire the human Pop is a great deal. There's been so many in sports and media weighing in on these big societal questions and Pop has been the best response I've seen by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“They have always been with Timmy in that process, but I think they will pick up more of the slack,” Popovich said. “I’ll look to them to communicate with players more off the court, on the bus and on the plane, to try to make people feel comfortable. Because people learn better when they are in a comfortable situation, so those two guys have to be primarily responsible to make sure we do that.”
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-26-2016 at 06:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon will fill in Wests' role as the third big or back up C.

Lee/Anderson will fill the 4th/5th big in the rotation role ( Boris/Boban).
    I'mmmm not so sure Dedmon will be the first big off the bench (3rd big). You may be accurate, but there are a lot of game-by-game matchups to consider and Dedmon will have to be pretty steady and consistent to be the first one to relieve Pau or LaMarcus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thank god we traded him.He doesn't take his job seriously anymore.

The bad side to it though is Fathead will get his minutes

he would have been multiple All Stars if he gave had given more early in his prime..But, yeah, i'm glad we moved on..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'mmmm not so sure Dedmon will be the first big off the bench (3rd big). You may be accurate, but there are a lot of game-by-game matchups to consider and Dedmon will have to be pretty steady and consistent to be the first one to relieve Pau or LaMarcus.
    Yea, that's likely to be decided through the season once Pop experiments, maybe he even starts with a lineup or rotation that is then tweaked. Not having the bigs he's had in the bench in the past will require that he figures everyone out and how they fit together. It was something Pop mentioned as being one of the exciting things for this season. If they pick up a rookie (say Laprovittola for example, or Garino) for that 15th spot, it will be the season with the most rookies Pop has ever had in his 20 years, a record. They are also relying on a 3rd season player that practically didn't play his first season to contribute and J.Simms a second year player to be consistent and reliable at what they do.

Where is Chad Forcier when you need him?
    The literal answer to this rhetorical question is Orlando.
    The Spurs’ longtime player-development coach took a well-deserved promotion this summer to become Frank Vogel’s lead assistant for the Magic. That move broke up the Spurs’ vaunted player-development duo of Forcier and Chip Engelland at a time when the team is poised to lean on a bevy of untested young players to fill out its bench.
    The Spurs open camp with three rookies set for their opening-day roster — 20-year-old draft pick Dejounte Murray and European imports Davis Bertans and Livio Jean-Charles. They could add a fourth rookie — a Gregg Popovich-era record — depending on who secures the 15th and final roster spot.
    In addition, the Spurs are counting on third-year forward Kyle Anderson and second-year guard Jonathon Simmons to provide important minutes off the bench.
    Rapid, on-the-job growth of young players will be crucial to the Spurs’ le hopes this season. It represents quite an opportunity for Will Hardy, the Spurs’ former video coordinator elevated to fill Forcier’s role.
    http://www.expressnews.com/sports/sp...witter-premium

The article is quite interesting in other areas too, just didn't want to post the whole thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a promising look. Tony looked in better shape at the start of last season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, it's almost training camp already. I can't speak for others but this offseason went by fast

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, that's likely to be decided through the season once Pop experiments, maybe he even starts with a lineup or rotation that is then tweaked. Not having the bigs he's had in the bench in the past will require that he figures everyone out and how they fit together. It was something Pop mentioned as being one of the exciting things for this season. If they pick up a rookie (say Laprovittola for example, or Garino) for that 15th spot, it will be the season with the most rookies Pop has ever had in his 20 years, a record. They are also relying on a 3rd season player that practically didn't play his first season to contribute and J.Simms a second year player to be consistent and reliable at what they do.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/sp...witter-premium

The article is quite interesting in other areas too, just didn't want to post the whole thing.
    This is ridiculous, why can't you read any of the other articles. What's the express news worried about. They're just using quotes from the players that you can get through other avenues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the start of the season can never get here fast enough for me! I'll be going to the second pre-season game. I enjoy those because people get PT that may or may not be there at the RS start. Always wish them well. It's tough for all the young guys because there just isn't room for more than one of them- and Pop filling the 15th spot is far from a sure thing. Good luck to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess kawhi didnt bother with media day.

Crazy how no one has even gotten a simple scoop about his new born.

Guy is more private than Duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the start of the season can never get here fast enough for me! I'll be going to the second pre-season game. I enjoy those because people get PT that may or may not be there at the RS start. Always wish them well. It's tough for all the young guys because there just isn't room for more than one of them- and Pop filling the 15th spot is far from a sure thing. Good luck to them.
    Yeah, can't wait for the season to start. Enjoy the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apologize if these were already published:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs Verified account ‏@spurs

Practice officially begins today. Get to know our Training Camp Roster » http://gospu.rs/2cRkYfN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy sh*t Kawhi smiling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Practice officially begins today. Get to know our Training Camp Roster » http://gospu.rs/2cRkYfN

Never realized how low basketball numbers are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bertans kinda looks like hes related to blake griffin...

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wrong picture. No #21.

Also, judging by his face, Parker looks really in shape. A round shape that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is TD?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man look at those numbers, almost in sequence. Is the Spurs the only team like that?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the start of a new era is right around the corner...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have to admit, when I saw this, there were like 4 or 5 guys here where I found myself asking, "Who the is that?"

Thread Information