My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    About time.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    He won a lot of games.....

But, I've never seen a coach in my lifetime that was worse with clock management/time-out usage.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    Looks like Ed Orgeron is coaching in the SEC again.

My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    Just 5 short years after the game of the century

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Looks like Ed Orgeron is coaching in the SEC again.
    Speaking of terrible clock management...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herman is going to be a monster over there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Les goes down in history as the most successful coach in LSU history.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Herman is going to be a monster over there.
    If he goes I wonder how much. ... $7, $8 mill per?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If he goes I wonder how much. ... $7, $8 mill per?
    Possibly. LSU will have to rely heavily on their donors for such a fat contract. I keep seeing people say Briles could be their guy too. One or the other.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Possibly. LSU will have to rely heavily on their donors for such a fat contract. I keep seeing people say Briles could be their guy too. One or the other.
    I think Briles name is being thrown out to see if the will stick. Just can't see a power 5 school taking a PR chance on him

We have to go all the way back to Y.A. tle to name an LSU QB who made a name for himself. Why couldn't he ever land that stud QB?

I would however waited to see how the rest of this season went.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    We have to go all the way back to Y.A. tle to name an LSU QB who made a name for himself. Why couldn't he ever land that stud QB?

I would however waited to see how the rest of this season went.
    Jawalrus was the #1 pick in the draft.

You suck at college football knowledge you musty fat

And no, the YouTube+list+crying about me doing nothing but follow you around you're about to post doesn't mean jack

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Briles name is being thrown out to see if the will stick. Just can't see a power 5 school taking a PR chance on him
    Some school will. It's shocking that any school would, but he will be employed again. LSU donors can't stop talking about him.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would think Briles would be kinda risky at this point. Can he recruit with the rapist sympathizer label still so fresh on him?

Jawalrus was the #1 pick in the draft.

You suck at college football knowledge you musty fat

And no, the YouTube+list+crying about me doing nothing but follow you around you're about to post doesn't mean jack
    As we can see this dummy too stupid to get what..."make a name for himself"...means. Oh no, talking Y.A. tle no history there.

Poor little kid.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would think Briles would be kinda risky at this point. Can he recruit with the rapist sympathizer label still so fresh on him?
    America loves apologies. He can do it.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    America loves apologies. He can do it.
    It's true that America is quick to forgive winners as long as they keep winning

My Team
    North Carolina State Wolfpack
    Post Count
    USC-bound.

If Miles could keep all that Cali (huge %) talent in the state he could bring my Trojans back to the glory days. Only Florida/Texas rival USC when it comes to HS football talent. And Texas has a number of schools to divide the talent as does Florida. USC is by far THE school in Cali. As we know Stanford can't get a lot of these guys because of academics.

There are over 500 HS's in the LA area alone. So many HS's in Cali. so many great NFL players out of Cali HS's.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So far Saban has taken a chance on Sark and Kiffin. I wonder if he would be willing to take a chance on brining Briles over as a OC? Talk about scary, Baylor offense and the Bama defense.

Post Count
    If Miles could keep all that Cali (huge %) talent in the state he could bring my Trojans back to the glory days. Only Florida/Texas rival USC when it comes to HS football talent. And Texas has a number of schools to divide the talent as does Florida. USC is by far THE school in Cali. As we know Stanford can't get a lot of these guys because of academics.

There are over 500 HS's in the LA area alone. So many HS's in Cali. so many great NFL players out of Cali HS's.
    LSU was an easy place to recruit. Goldmine of talent with no in-state compe ion. LSU never had talent problems. He just sucked as a coach the last few years.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Les is 62 years old and the game has passed him by. I'd be shocked if he gets another head coaching job anytime soon. If he does, it won't be at a blue-blood. It'll be at a smaller program with lower expectations and less stress, like Tuberville at Cincinnati or Frank Solich at Ohio.

LSU was an easy place to recruit. Goldmine of talent with no in-state compe ion. LSU never had talent problems. He just sucked as a coach the last few years.
    So he just all of a sudden lost it?

From 2006 to 2010 he lost...14 games
    From 2011 to 2015 he lost...15 games

So he got fired because???

Love to have him as my Trojans head coach. USC gets far better RB;s than LSU, just not right now.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-02-2016 at 02:16 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Love to have him as my Trojans head coach. USC gets far better RB;s than LSU, just not right now.
    You're an idiot

Post Count

He also won a championship from between 2006-2007 and you conveniently leave out how he lost 16 games between 2012-2016 without a major bowl game and never beating his biggest rival once during that span. The program stalled overall with the offense and the passing game becoming an embarassment despite having big-time WRs. It's obvious you're just talking out of your mouth because you really have no clue what was going on with the program.
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 10-02-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Thread Information