Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok lets get this clear, we're only 3 games in.
    Still, this is ST. We speculate here and love to i.d. trends before anyone else does, right?

Stat was flashed about teams with rookie QBs and their records.
    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/26/c...-qb-peter-king

Contrast with

Ok perhaps Rivers is a poor example but still, Wentz and the Eagles just pummeled Rothy and the Steelers by 31.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ok perhaps Rivers is a poor example but still, Wentz and the Eagles just pummeled Rothy and the Steelers by 31.
    Steelers after division foe Bengals came out flat.

But, we do see that once in awhile...Marino, Big Ben, Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck who step right in and take over as a rookie. I think the big surprise is a guy from North Dakota State who probably never faced any team with more than maybe one NFL caliber defender out there. Not that Big Ben was in rought vs the MAC.

Marino the only one I mentioned who wasn't mobile (Big Ben nows how to move). I do think ya must have a mobile QB now which Wentz./Prescott are. A rookie trying to just stand tall in the pocket, nay~~~~~

I usually don't put too much into anything in Sept, but it's real obvious Wentz/Prescott have..."IT".

I do put Romo back in this season, it's real obvious Prescott can step right back in and take off if Romo goes down again. Obviously Prescott is the future it just might take awhile.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-26-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Perfect example of a rookie who can do it vs a vet who cant -in the same guy.
    When Marino asked for a dollar more then Joe Montana after the SuperBowl, that was the begging of the end for Marino and the Dolphins regarding a SuperBowl win.
    Ya ya he has a bunch of individual stats.
    That's all he has, because this super selfish play cost him the team and fans.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Perfect example of a rookie who can do it vs a vet who cant -in the same guy.
    When Marino asked for a dollar more then Joe Montana after the SuperBowl, that was the begging of the end for Marino and the Dolphins regarding a SuperBowl win.
    Ya ya he has a bunch of individual stats.
    That's all he has, because this super selfish play cost him the team and fans.
    Huh???

In his second season...

5069 yards
    14-2 record
    48/17..td/int
    108.9 QB rating

That is amazing.

Marino didn't actually step right in, he started 9 games his rookie season.

Huh???

In his second season...

5069 yards
    14-2 record
    48/17..td/int
    108.9 QB rating

That is amazing.

Marino didn't actually step right in, he started 9 games his rookie season.
    Same year porkchop, 1984.
    I inadvertently called it his rookie year when it was in actuality his 1st full season.
    Regardless, see the dropoff after 1984s 14-2 SuperBowl appearance.

Prescott, Seiman, Wentz.

Bullcrap that a team must have a veteran QB.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    We would literally be Browns/Niners status right now without Rivers. This franchise has a load of problems, but Philbilly isn't one of them.

We would literally be Browns/Niners status right now without Rivers. This franchise has a load of problems, but Philbilly isn't one of them.
    As the *leader* of the team, why are they one of if not the most mentally soft team in the NFL?
    Injuries. While much has been said of the Charger staff seeming inep ude, how much off season inspiration for iron pumping etc gets encouraged AND practiced by said team leader? Looks bottom of league.

Lobbied for Norv to stay

Blow out Norv, Rivers and Smith long before they did and they could have been much better then 2010 - present mediocrity. when

I was a huge Rivers honk in the SuperBowl, I mean Marty year until about 2010-11 when his aw shucks everything is peachy keen act got old.

Post Count
    As the *leader* of the team, why are they one of if not the most mentally soft team in the NFL?
    Injuries. While much has been said of the Charger staff seeming inep ude, how much off season inspiration for iron pumping etc gets encouraged AND practiced by said team leader? Looks bottom of league.

Lobbied for Norv to stay

Blow out Norv, Rivers and Smith long before they did and they could have been much better then 2010 - present mediocrity. when

I was a huge Rivers honk in the SuperBowl, I mean Marty year until about 2010-11 when his aw shucks everything is peachy keen act got old.
    Rivers is one of the only mentally tough players on the team, tbh. Don't see how anyone can call him soft after he played on a torn ACL in the playoffs. There's only so much one player can do when their team is owned by pussies, "coached" by pussies, and has filled their roster with pussies.

I don't like how Rivers sticks up for objectively terrible coaches, but he's still one of the only aspects of our team that isn't a problem. Nobody even knows which city the Chargers will be playing in next year, the Spanos family is still in charge, McCuck is being gifted enough wins against a cupcake schedule to squeak by with his job for another year, we have the worst medical and S&C staffs in sports, but you're complaining about Rivers?

That was in 2007 when the Chargers still had a semblance of nutts. Yes of course that was a great performance, altho if Norv had a clue he would have pulled the obviously injured Rivers in the 3rd or 4th. Like the week before vs Colts when Billy Volek was brought in the 4th to rally the Chargers to victory. (After Rivers went out with said ACL injury).

Rivers is part and parcel to McCuck, also lobbing for him to stay.

How many of Rivers Pick 6 4th quarter sharts have you seen?
    Did you watch the Dolphins game two weeks ago?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson came within a yard of winning two SB in his first three seasons, so it's pretty obvious a vet QB is not needed.

I do consider a "vet" being a QB with more than three years experience.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson came within a yard of winning two SB in his first three seasons, so it's pretty obvious a vet QB is not needed.

LOL!!! He came "within a yard". He threw a mother ing interception.

Post Count

"Within a yard"

He was terrible all game, got bailed out (shocker!) by his mega-stacked supporting cast, and then single-handedly cost his team the repeat with an atrocious interception.

In the Super Bowl that they won, if Seattle's offense never took the field, the Seahawks still would have won 16-8. Not exactly a sign that they "need" Struggle. With that stacked defense, they could have won that Super Bowl with T-Jack, Whitehurst or Matt Flynn.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    "Within a yard"

He was terrible all game, got bailed out (shocker!) by his mega-stacked supporting cast, and then single-handedly cost his team the repeat with an atrocious interception.

In the Super Bowl that they won, if Seattle's offense never took the field, the Seahawks still would have won 16-8. Not exactly a sign that they "need" Struggle. With that stacked defense, they could have won that Super Bowl with T-Jack, Whitehurst or Matt Flynn.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    LOL!!! He came "within a yard". He threw a mother ing interception.
    That's right a yard, what are you blind?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "Within a yard"

ONE MORE TIME~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, take a few minutes and look at what Rivers,Big Ben, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, anyone did their first 4 seasons and 11 games, ok guy? Show me who did it better, that is a challenge.

What are you looking at in that Denver SB?

RW

QB rating...123....dude........ONE TWENTY THREE
    2 TD
    72 comp %

Where in the do you get...atrocious....what????????

Russell Wilson's playoff stats, educate yourself son, ok?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/post/
    Last edited by Avante; 12-01-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Post Count
    That's right a yard, what are you blind?
    Phrasing it like that completely ignores how Struggle choked it all away.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Phrasing it like that completely ignores how Struggle choked it all away.
    Dude, 10 playoff games in just 4 seasons, two SB;s in the first 3, what's wrong with you?

And, he did all that with no HOF receivers or TE's.

Why do you totally ignore what everyone who knows far more about this stuff than you says about Russell Wilson?

ONE MORE TIME

Who had a better 4 years and 11 games than Russell Wilson, come on little guy.....WHO???????????

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    ONE MORE TIME~~~~~~~~~~
    I seriously doubt that

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt that
    Wanna compare Drew Brees first 4 years and 11 games to Russell Wilson?

Trust me, ya don't.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    ONE MORE TIME~~~~~~~~~~
    Wanna compare Drew Brees first 4 years and 11 games to Russell Wilson?
    sigh

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Having rookie QB's perform well their rookie season are more of an outlier than the norm.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Of course. I don't think we will see a rook win the Super Bowl for a long time. Too much pressure. I don't think Dak is going to be able to do it in crunch time against a veteran team like Seattle.

We see it with the best QB's. They typically need experience before they have the mental for ude to make plays in crunch time. The only difference is where some of the greatest defenses of all time carry the QB (Brady, Wilson).

Thread Information